• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL team of the decade

De Gea
Azpilicueta Van Dijk Kompany Robertson
Kanté Fernandinho
Yaya
Salah Agüero Mané
Was really tempted to put Van Persie in for Agüero but the latter has been unreal from 2011 TILL THIS DAY, can't argue with it. Beats 2 immense seasons from Van Persie or Suarez.
This team could potentially concede less than 5 in a whole season! Unreal everything! I'd change the rules to make it 12 players though just to accommodate KDB! Lol

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
No, i just thought we were picking a PL eleven and trying to refrain from being epic chodes for just a moment. Silly me!

You're indeed a silly little boy. Sitting there in your DT merchandise, and attacking others' choices only to post a rubbish team yourself. :rofl:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
No Kompany?
Nah, if we're talking players at their peaks, he doesn't get in above Terry or Ferdinand imo. It's close, but I can't have them all in! To leave some of these players out is very hard. It's not hard to leave players like Vardy and Özil out though. I mean, you must be hung like chinese mouse if you're putting those in, right? ;)

Furious

Opening post clearly states "YOUR" team of the decade. One has to wonder why this bloke is trying to project his little nònce opinion on others.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Opening post clearly states "YOUR" team of the decade. One has to wonder why this bloke is trying to project his little nònce opinion on others.
No, not on others--on you. And I only did so because like the true whopper you appear to be, you couldn't help telling everyone they had to include Suarez and then proceeded to defend why you think everyone has to include Suarez.

Suarez has to be in everyone's team btw. Best player of this decade in the PL by miles.
has to wonder why this bloke is trying to project his little nònce opinion on others.

:facepalm:

Bloodbather

Established Member

David de Gea
Pablo Zabaleta
César Azpilicueta
Vincent Kompany
Virgil van Dijk
N'Golo Kanté
Yaya Touré
David Silva
Eden Hazard
Gareth Bale
Sergio Agüero

Difficult to leave Kevin De Bruyne, Luis Suárez and Robin van Persie out, but some had to lose out. Surprised that Bale is left out of so many teams. Only player in the decade to have won two PFA Players' Player of the Year awards. I have him beating out Suárez and van Persie as the short peak representative. Suárez had the best peak but the shortest one, Van Persie has the advantage of having had a high number of good seasons. Bale is somewhere in the middle, comparable peak to Suárez but with an additional season.

I suppose I could cheat it by not having a side that could actually play together, putting Hazard in midfield, switching to a three-man defense and adding in another forward.

David de Gea
César Azpilicueta
Vincent Kompany
Virgil van Dijk
N'Golo Kanté
Yaya Touré
David Silva
Eden Hazard
Gareth Bale
Luis Suárez
Sergio Agüero

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
His record in the big games playing in a mediocre team edge it.

Otherwise yes, RVP-Suarez is my dream striker duo.
Huh. Could never pick Vardy ahead of rvp myself.

Always interesting to see that there is no obvious answer for things.

Furious

No, not on others--on you. And I only did so because like the true whopper you appear to be, you couldn't help telling everyone they had to include Suarez and then proceeded to defend why you think everyone has to include Suarez.

:facepalm:

That was just to empathize how good I think he was. Seems like it worked anyway, you ended up having in your team, just like when end up buying DT merchandise, when he tells you to. :lol:

Furious

Huh. Could never pick Vardy ahead of rvp myself.

Always interesting to see that there is no obvious answer for things.

Obviously these things are subjective. Finding an obvious answer is pretty much impossible unless you try to objectify everything, and even then we'd probably still all end up having different answers.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Obviously these things are subjective. Finding an obvious answer is pretty much impossible unless you try to objectify everything, and even then we'd probably still all end up having different answers.
An obvious answer is not necessarily the "correct answer". If you would've had to pick vs City and Leicester when the season started which club would've ended highest up the table (the season leceister won) The obvious answer would've been City.

Quite easy to find the obvious answer there. I thought it was quite easy in Rvp vs Vardy as well. Didn't think a arsenal fan that watched RVP play so much would've taken Vardy ahead of him. Don't think other would either.

asukru

Established Member

De Gea
Azpilicueta Van Dijk Kompany Robertson
Kanté Fernandinho
Yaya
Salah Agüero Mané
Was really tempted to put Van Persie in for Agüero but the latter has been unreal from 2011 TILL THIS DAY, can't argue with it. Beats 2 immense seasons from Van Persie or Suarez.

Spot on mate!

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

This team could potentially concede less than 5 in a whole season! Unreal everything! I'd change the rules to make it 12 players though just to accommodate KDB! Lol

So difficult to leave a guy like that out but Yaya in his prime and in his best position was borderline unstoppable though.

So difficult to leave a guy like that out but Yaya in his prime and in his best position was borderline unstoppable though.
Well, he was one hell of a beast with almost everything in his locker. I guess KDB only surpasses him with his on-point passing even though Yaya was also an apt passer himself. I'd choose Yaya too btw.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom