• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham v Arsenal | Sunday, December 6 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,346
  • Views 169,930

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lets hope for some more of this...

IndelibleLegalAngelwingmussel-max-1mb.gif

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
If we have any chance of getting something out of this, we need to score 2.

You just know Kane will get one of his penalties, by running into the box and leaving his leg trailing behind just to make a contact as he falls down.
Or the other way as he does so often (v. Brighton), he sees an oppo player coming for a jump, he stays on ground and moves slightly just to unbalance him, so when he falls on top of Kane, it is somehow a penalty.

The match last night gave us a little bit of confidence and maybe it will give Arteta some ideas, but Rapid is too poor of an opposition to compare to PL competition. Therefore if our league form continues, I am not confident of us pulling a good result from here.

In any way it ends, I want us to show fight and not fall to their bullying tactics, diving, ref intimidation by quickly gathering their whole team around him etc...

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

...still our best ever Emirates era home shirt for me, love the gold trim on it
lol funny enough I remember at the time a lot of people complained about the gold trimming.

I quite liked the Nike kits - think they were the best. Adidas current kits are ok but they cheat with the classic nostalgic re-releases.

I can comfortably say Puma was the worst.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hard to believe Wenger beat these ****s every year for 20 years straight, right up to 2015/16 even though they outspent us for years during the stadium build.

Now they’re 13 places above us!!! That’s what you get for listening to idiots like this telling us top 4 wasn’t good enough. Still makes my blood ****ing boil, and I can’t help it.

giphy.gif

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Hard to believe Wenger beat these ****s every year for 20 years straight, right up to 2015/16 even though they outspent us for years during the stadium build.

Now they’re 13 places above us!!! That’s what you get for listening to idiots like this telling us top 4 wasn’t good enough. Still makes my blood ****ing boil, and I can’t help it.

giphy.gif
What do you think of this stat boss? :shivering:
Mikel Arteta lost his first meeting with Sp**s in this very fixture last season. The only manager in Arsenal’s history to lose their first two north London derbies was Bertie Mee back in the 1966/67 season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

giphy.gif

Do you even support Arsenal? Or do you just support Arsène Wenger?

From 2014 to 2018 in the league we beat Sp**s 3 times, we drew against Sp**s 4 times and we lost 4 times. Am I shocked? Not really because Arsène was hideous in big away games most of the time.

When Sp**s actually got a half decent team together they always beat Arsène, stop chatting rubbish please.

But please, continue to bang the drum, cannot believe you'd want Wenger still here into his mid to late 70's. Horrible.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

What do you think of this stat boss? :shivering:
My grandfather loved Bertie Mee. He was some manager. If Mikel goes on to do as well I’d be somewhat surprised.:lol: But he’s got to find a Ray Kennedy, a Charlie George and Frank McLintock from somewhere.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You just have to read the language on this thread and on most Arsenal sites. They expect the team to lift themselves to play our arch-rivals, that is the language of the second team in a rivalry, not the dominant one.

It was what the sp uds fans would do for decades, try to get their team up to play the bigger team.

Think you need to be realistic about our level as a club.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No Xhaka -> One step forward to getting a good result.

As much as I prefer if we used players with more mobility, the problem with this particular logic is it ties the case for his inclusion/exclusion to our results, and just leads to equally flawed counterclaims every time we lose and he doesn’t play.

I know you know this but the most important point is that the lack of dynamism in midfield has been leaving our attack isolated, the delay/reluctance to play early forward passes through the middle, the lack of pace leading to dropping deep and leaving crater sized holes for teams to run at our back line also makes us vulnerable defensively.

We’ve put up with all of this precisely because we’ve managed to get better results than performances warranted, but as we’ve seen that isn’t sustainable nor what a club with our ambitions should be deeming acceptable.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

...still our best ever Emirates era home shirt for me, love the gold trim on it

Watching this has me right in the feels

The boss on the touchline
Almunia almost costing us a goal
Clichy doing something stupid
Cesc running the midfield
Adebayor missing multiple chances then scoring a brace including an absolutely beauty.

What was surprising was that Hleb actually took a shot on goal.

I miss those days compared to what we have now.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Meaning you think they are a bigger club than us?
No, but after some intelligent and amazing leadership through the financially challenging years of the stadium build but we’re now run by a completely new yet dysfunctional setup.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
No, but after some intelligent and amazing leadership through the financially challenging years of the stadium build but we’re now run by a completely new yet dysfunctional setup.

Yup, people felt like Wenger was holding us back but now it's looking more and more that he was the glue that kept this house of cards from falling apart.

Imagine working in an environment where you have to do four or five people's jobs for them alongside your own. Ferguson didn't even set up the training sessions at Carrington, let alone oversee 10 other things at once.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Important here to be solid in midfield and not give ball away that allow son who can't miss lately Kane who turning to prime Bergkamp to give them chance I'm not worried about anything else this is Sp**s strongest point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom