• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Watford 2 - 3 Arsenal | Sunday 6th March | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Watford-Arsenal.png

I'm still buzzing after last night. It was one of the most satisfying victory I've seen in the last decade.

In terms of quality, it wasn't up to par but the energy in the team especially in the last 20 minutes was good it gets.

We looked poor in the first 15 minutes though.

This game is a must win. We just have to win it to put pressure on Chelsea (yes, I said it) and united. I've effectively ruled Sp**s out of it. They lack the quality (bar Kane and Son). It's just a case of 9 midtable players and two world class players. I don't think 2 world class players can carry a midtable team to top four. That leaves us with man utd. Frankly, I don't think they'll (utd) make top four. Too much instability and toxic energy in that team right now.

Like I said in the top four thread, I think it's practically impossible for us not to finish top four, even Arteta can't **** that up. It would take a monumental collapse for us not to finish top four.

Watford are a bunch of farmers. They got really lucky against few teams earlier in the season. I expect a standard 3-0 win against this lot. Second gear stuff.

Screenshot-20220225-192219.png

Screenshot-20220225-192247.png

Screenshot-20220225-192325.png

Screenshot-20220225-192411.png

Screenshot-20220225-192439.png

Screenshot-20220225-192505.png

Screenshot-20220225-192541.png

Screenshot-20220225-192559.png

Think the team is pretty much going to be the same xi that started the wolves game, with maybe ESR replacing Gabriel and Cedric keeping his place regardless of whether Tomi is fit or not.

Edit: I just found out now that ESR caught. I guess it will be Martinelli starting then.

So pretty much the Wolves starting XI

Screenshot-20220225-193652.png

Prediction
Watford 0-3 Arsenal

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Laca kind of force himself to go down in a dramatic way and make it easier for the Ref not to give it. Should be a pk no doubt
"Forced himself to go down"? Give me a break.

If you watch it live from replay, like you can see in the screenshot, the hit is hard to achilles and the knee after, and that's why Lacazette is down on the ground for a long time.

It's a travesty. It's the ultimate mockery of the VAR system.

bergholt

Stuttgart only have an option for €12.5 if they stay up and rumours are that they will look to sell for a profit. I hope we'll do that deal if we don't want him. Saliba is good competition for White abd Gabriel. Both need the occasional break

Yeah we've been very lucky with centre-back injuries this year, definitely need at least one other good one as well as Holding. Saliba is surely the obvious option.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

To the tactics guys on the forum. We are listed as playing 4231, but aren't we really playing a 433? When the broadcasters are showing the lineup it's a 4231, but when we play the way Xhaka plays now it looks more like a 433.

Fabregasm

"Forced himself to go down"? Give me a break.

If you watch it live from replay, like you can see in the screenshot, the hit is hard to achilles and the knee after, and that's why Lacazette is down on the ground for a long time.

It's a travesty. It's the ultimate mockery of the VAR system.

I'm not debating on the part whether it should be given. VAR definitely should check, PK should be given. Just feel he made the fall bit harder than it was and the theatric of staying face down. That's all

PS: in separate note Laca had a cracking game

Last edited:

Plutarch

At 3-1, late in the game, I thought I was finally going to be able to watch an Arsenal game finish without suffering terrible anxiety. Foolish of me, we still made it a tense finish. Great attacking play from us, but some surprisingly bad defending, given our recent better defence. Lacazette has suddenly changed from being no use at all to a great goal-assist machine.

Watford aren't bad, if they had more time I think Hodgson would get them out of relegation trouble. MIght not be enough games left for them to escape however.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Flashback to the 2010 era Wenger this. Great football going forward, but a bit shaky defensively. Fair play to Watford though, they did try to get something out of this match. Still think they go down though.
Good post.
Watford put up a very decent display & must take some credit.

I do think since we have pushed further forward & moved away from the double pivot we have not been as solid defensively but its quite understandable tbh.
When we tried 433 last season or early this one we really struggled.

Its a massive upside now that we are winning games and playing some very good football that way👍.

However its still a work in progress.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
To the tactics guys on the forum. We are listed as playing 4231, but aren't we really playing a 433? When the broadcasters are showing the lineup it's a 4231, but when we play the way Xhaka plays now it looks more like a 433.

We are doing what Pep did at Barcelona and now does at City, build up from the back with a double pivot after which Xhaka runs forward into a LCM position (Xavi would build up next to Busquets and move into RCM) while the more defensive player (Partey/Busquets) drops into the centre pivot position.
Essentially we build up in 4231 which transitions into a 433, so we’re sort of playing both.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Form guide for last ten games.. Arsenal lead over City and Liverpool

They've quietly put a very good run together, and now have a settled first team. The pressure really comes on now, when they're in fourth.. but anyone unhappy with the progress made this season, needs to have a real look at themselves
Not to forget Arsenal are playing once in 10 days..no traveling..no tired legs
You will only get a clear picture once they start competing in europe

Harz

Yeah it's not exactly double pivot but more like an asymmetrical 4-3-3, Xhaka on average is further up the pitch than Partey but Ødegaard is also even more further up the pitch. Also, Xhaka drifts left and Øde drifts right so on average it resembles a 4-3-3.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We are playing 433... Just like city, Partey is behind them as you said. Maybe they don't put it that way because is hard to believe Xhaka is playing the KDB Mezzala role lol... Instead of Bernardo and KDB we have Ode and Xhaka. Maybe he is trying to use Xhaka like Gundogan, but problem is Gundogan is much better and Ode adds something more similar to what Bernardo does than what De Bruyne adds.

So, replace Xhaka with Nkuku/Bellingham or someone similar to that offensive and physical but still creative profile and this team can reach a different level in quality.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Good post.
Watford put up a very decent display & must take some credit.

I do think since we have pushed further forward & moved away from the double pivot we have not been as solid defensively but its quite understandable tbh.
When we tried 433 last season or early this one we really struggled.

Its a massive upside now that we are winning games and playing some very good football that way👍.

However its still a work in progress.
I think this is because we are playing through the middle and not only through the wings with Tierney. When playing double pivot with Xhaka and Partey you can see both of them occupying the same space mainly because xhaka is very slow. They both interfere each other and make it easier to mark.

Playing at the exit with one pivot... Make it easier to Partey, gives him more space but it's more riskier if we lose the ball there... That's why Xhaka never should play there.

But in football, even when playing with 2 pivot the ideal is to have them both not in line but between spaces... You never should be at the same level horizontally with your teammates because those passes gives you nothing.

So basically as bad Xhaka is, asking him to go further drags a midfielder with him, giving time and space to play through the middle with the only competent player we have there, Partey.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I think this is because we are playing through the middle and not only through the wings with Tierney. When playing double pivot with Xhaka and Partey you can see both of them occupying the same space mainly because xhaka is very slow. They both interfere each other and make it easier to mark.

Playing at the exit with one pivot... Make it easier to Partey, gives him more space but it's more riskier if we lose the ball there... That's why Xhaka never should play there.

But in football, even when playing with 2 pivot the ideal is to have them both not in line but between spaces... You never should be at the same level horizontally with your teammates because those passes gives you nothing.

So basically as bad Xhaka is, asking him to go further drags a midfielder with him, giving time and space to play through the middle with the only competent player we have there, Partey.
Good input 👍.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom