• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal | 13/12/06

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
--------------------Jens------------------
Eboue-----DJ-----Toure-----Clichy
Walcott----Baptista---Gilberto--Freddie
---------------Ade--------RVP

Wigan have only one once in there last 5 games, but they can still cause us problems. I think Hleb and Cesc will be rested for this. 2-0 to the Arsenal

qs

Established Member
.....................Lehmann........................

Eboue......Toure......Senderos....Clichy

Hleb.........Baptista......Gilberto.....Ljungberg

....................Robin..........Ade............

Lukazan

Established Member
More 4-5-1 bollocks no doubt, which is an absolute joke considering how Wigan have been playing lately.

I'd bet money on Hleb being rested, and maybe Baptista starting. Walcott to get a pretty decent amount of time from the bench too.

1-0 if we play 4-5-1, 4-1 if we play 4-4-2. :)

Army of Me

Established Member
Let's see now, a good result against the Champions, and Wigan who can barely buy a goal at the moment... we'll lose 1-0.

the dawn raids

Established Member
baptista better get a start. other than that im not overly concerned about the lineup, although it would be nice for fabregas to be rested. probably wont though as usual. lets just grind him as far into physical exhaustion as humanly possible.

jester

Established Member
It'd be nice for baptista to get a start, but again, i doubt it. Every game I think he may start, but isnt, so something must be up - maybe wenger doesnt rate him that highly after seeing him in training?
Either way, he really should be ahead of flamini, and if not for the goal (not an especially great shot anyway), flamini would have had another average game.

americanarf

Established Member
What ... so Gallas still ain't fit. On sky apparently he declared himself fit for the Chelsea game but Wenger wasn't willing to risk bringing him back too early.

i hope to see:

.....................Lehmann........................

Eboue......Toure..........Gallas.......Clichy

Hleb.........Baptista......Gilberto.....Ljungberg

....................Robin..........Ade............ ..

but then sadly, he will go for 451

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
if we play better than the way we played against chelski than we can actually win this by 2 to 4 goals...

I would like to see toure come in for senderos, baptista for cesc, ljunberg for hleb and walcott for flamini. However, i think we will play a 4-5-1 with flamini starting and walcott also. I would like to see baptista start but who knows...

patrick42uk

Established Member
there isnt enough firepower in this team to give anyone a drubbing IMO. if we win, it will be by a goal.

wigan will play a similar high tempo game to fulham and i just hope we are better prepared to deal with that. i'd like to see cesc rested because i cannot see him performing in this game. he's too many games in too short a period of time.

whoever starts out of djourou and senderos will give us an idea of what exactly the pecking order is. i reckon senderos should start to give him the chance to rectify himself. not starting him coul be confidence shattering. djourou's performance was only slightly better but the safest option is the status quo i.e. senderos remaining third choice.

theres a slight chance walcott and the beast will play depending on how brave wenger is feeling.

its frustrating watching arsenal this days because we are not entertaining but i understand the necessity. offesnively we are not good enough yet ad i think for the short term at least we'll need to depend on grinding out results.

KY

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Army of Me said:
Let's see now, a good result against the Champions, and Wigan who can barely buy a goal at the moment... we'll lose 1-0.

Heh, so true.

How pessismistic...but how true. Sums up our season perfectly. Hope you're wrong though!!!

bazza_afc

I'm expecting one of Baptista and Walcott to definetly start if not both. Hope we play 4-4-2, and I'm predicting (I've got the last two Prem games spot on) 2-0 to the Arsenal.

awooga83

Established Member
Well while i feel Chelsea was somewhat of a sideshow this is a game that really matters and is one we have to win in terms of impact on our season nothing else is sufficient and its the magic game in hand we have all been harping on about for ages. We should play 442 without a doubt but if Wenger doesn't have faith in the team then we will play 451.

Ricky_AFC

I expect a win but it would be typical to follow up a good result with a 1-0 loss, goal condeded from a set piece or from a goal of the month candidate.

Would really like to see Baptista and Walcott play.

kel varnsen

Established Member
as i have to stay positive in my post match comments, i think i'll lay it on extra thick in my pre match comments....

on a more serious note, i think it'll be another tough game. wigan will try to 'outhustle' us and constantly chase the ball and hope to shut our passing game down. kind of like fulham did. without rosicky and cesc looking tired, i fear they might very well succeed. the crowd will get behind them, they will get stuck in and i for one think our central midfield will yet again near collapse and not be able to impose any real structure in the team. especially going forward. flamini, cesc and gilberto just doesn't offer enough at the moment.

maybe baptista should start the match. even though he looks clumsy and rusty at the moment, he'll offer us a bit more muscle and presence in the box. either that or let ljungberg play in central midfield. he'll give us runs off the ball and maybe, just maybe, he'll surprise us all and score a goal... anyway, i'd like to see the following team start the match:
lehmann
eboue-toure-djourou-clichy
walcott-cesc-gilberto-hleb-van persie
adebayor

but it'll probably be:
lehmann
eboue-senderos-toure-clichy
hleb-cesc-gilberto-flamini-ljungberg
ade

which is just down right sad.

Viper

Established Member
I'd play:

................Lehmann
Eboue Toure Djourou Clichy
Hleb Baptista Gilberto Walcott
........Van Persie Ade

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom