• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Sevilla | 19/09/07

Juicy

I'm sorry MDGoonah, but I just couldn't hold myself in. I think he can use the data anyway.

kel varnsen

Established Member
almunia - 6,5.
played well and made a few nice saves.

sagna - 8.
strong, quick and good on the ball. very good game.

toure - 7.
solid.

senderos - 7.
played very well, but a few sloppy clearances.

clichy - 7,5
defensively very good, but a bit sloppy crossing and even though he had navas pretty much in his pocket the entire match, a few times i felt he drifted a bit too far in. leaving navas and alves a bit of space to cross the ball into the box from.

hleb - 6.
some nices touches and he worked hard, but very sloppy passing at times.

flamini - 7,5.
superb defensively. great work rate and excelent pressing. decent passing as well.

cesc - 6,5.
not brilliant and looked a bit tired in the second half, but played quite well.

rosicky - 6,5
i thought he had a decent game. kept pace on the ball and made some nice runs.

van persie - 5
poor first half, slightly better in the second half. looks sluggish and almost lacking match fitness for some reason. hesitated a few times as well, both on and off the ball. nice goal though.

adebayor - 7.
very good game. worked very hard, was a terrific passing outlet up front and held on to he ball very well.

diaby - 4,5
poor. he's obviously no left winger. hesitant on and off the ball. offered very little both going forward and defensively.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Right on. I'm at work, didn't have time to start the thread, just glanced at Soccernet today. I'll definitely tabulate, I will have to wait to give my ratings till I see the match later tonight.

sam961gunners

Almunia-6
Sagna-8
Toure-7
Senderos-6
Clichy-8
Hleb-6
Fabregas-7
Flamini-6
Rosicky-6
v.Persie-7
Adebayor-8

Diaby-6
Eduardo-7
Diarra-5

Juicy

Almunia- 6
He scared me.

Sagna- 8.5
Man of the Match, showed great pace, strength, dribbling, and defending.
Toure- 7.5
Made some good clearances and tackles.
Senderos- 7
Improved with time, some poor clearances.
Clichy-7.5
Good.

Hleb- 7.5
Some very clever passes and dribbles, did well on the right hand side of the area when he beat his man.
Fabregas- 7.5
Passing not quite his usual supreme self, but he scored and created play.
Flamini- 7.5
Ran his socks off.
Rosicky- 7.5
One exceptional pass to Adebayor. One of the best i've seen. If that had ended in a goal he would have maybe got assist of the season.

Adebayor- 8
If he was a good finisher he would be world class
Van Persie-7
Good goal but a bit annonymous.

Diaby-5
Lost the ball a tad too much
Eduardo-7
Good goal and run
Diarra-?

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Almunia 6
Clichy 7
Toure 7
Senderos 6
Sagna 7.5
Rosicky 7
Fabregas 7
Flamini 7.5
Hleb 7
van Persie 6
Adebayor 7

Diaby 5.5

ronitc

miserable lot you are :lol:

almunia - 6.5

clichy - 8
toure - 8
senderos 6.5
sagna 9

rosicky 7
cesc - 8.5
flamini 7.5
hleb 7

adebayor - 8
rvp - 7

eduardo - 7
diaby - 5.5

f4evo

ALmunia - 6.5
Sagna - 8
Clichy -8
Senderos - 6
Toure - 7.5
Fabregas - 8
Flamini - 7
Hleb - 7
Rosicky - 6.5
Adebayor - 7
RvP - 7.5

Diaby - 5.5
Eduardo - 7
Diarra - N?A

ricky1985

Established Member
My Rating's

Almunia - 6. Couple of decent saves and very quick off his line a couple of times. A few sloppy mistakes also.

Sagna - 9. I needed to take a deep breath before i gave him his mark or it would have been 11. He was truly awesome. Very strong, Blisteringly quick, intelligent in posession, brilliant defensive concentration and positioning and like an express train going forward. Best right back I have personally seen in a long, long time.

Clichy - 8. Extremely impressive performance. Had the double threat of Alves and Navas to deal with and with little help in the second half he dealt admirably with them. One on one he is simply the best.

Toure - 8. Easy to underate Kolo tonight, he is so often so good. He won nearly every header tonight and covered Senderos with his rocket like speed. Him and Sagna have really struck up a brilliant understanding.

Senderos - 7. Got better as the game went on. He to won nearly every header against Kanoute, but some heart in mouth moments from the clumbsy Swiss stopper.

Hleb - 7. I personally thought he was excellent tonight. Played with an understated excellence; he held the ball brilliantly and played some very clever passes. Integral to everything good we did. Lowered the mark because as he tired towards the end (tireless tracking back) he got sloppy and gave the ball away.

Rosicky - 7. Was playing well untill his injury happened. Played one beautiful through ball to Adebayor shortly before coming off.

Fabregas - 9. He is the foremost midfielder in Britain at the moment. Two assists, and another goal to add to the tally, deflection, but God knows Lampard got enough of 'em.

Flamini - 8. Covered every blade of grass and made some brilliant tackles, also got forward with menace.

Van Persie - 7. Average from the majestic Dutchman. He is linking our play well, and playing some beautiful incisive passes, but a lot of his work is going unoticed in the same way Bergkamps work often did. With that said he needs his swagger back, although he did play better after he scored.

Adebayor - 7. Did some great things, and gave their defence a real hard 90 but he also was poor with his final pass or finish. Although his header from the amazing Sagna's cross was out of this world.

Sub's

Diaby - 5. Horrible from the Frenchman. He couldnt tackle, he couldnt pass, he wasn't on the same finely tuned wavelength of those in red. Although to his credit, showed some confidence at the end that he had no right to have.

Diarra - N/A

Eduardo - 7. Looks a million times more confident, had one really explosive run down the left and was unlucky to be crowded out. No doubt he would score when the chance arrived, and kept himself on side well. Gonna be a player.

Sidenote;

I honestly believe we have the two best full backs around at the moment. They were simply immense. They are so vital to our team, stopping crosses and dealing with any that get through is the difference between winning and losing. I feel this is why we look such a solid out fit.
You cant run our fullbacks, you cant lose them in the box. They really are negating any threat from wide areas, and this is where the threat comes from in every team in the world (except us and Barca).

dutchMasta

Almunia - 6 (Shaky, but clean sheet)
Sagna - 8.5 (Beast all night)
Toure - 7.5 (Solid defending, saved us again a few times)
Senderos - 6 (Shaky as well, but nothing happened)
Clichy - 8 (Did well both defensive and offensively)
Hleb - 7 (Decent passing game and contributed towards the 3rd)
Fabregas - 8.5 (Another MOTM performance for me)
Flamini - 7.5 (Stuck in and passed well)
Rosicky - 7 (Worked hard and passed well)
v.Persie - 7.5 (Scored 2nd goal and offered good link up)
Adebayor - 7 (Physical presence, but could've been more)

Diaby - 5.5 (Average down the left)
Eduardo - 7 (Showed why he scores a lot of goals)
Diarra - N/A (Good to see him)

xcdude24

Established Member
Almunia- 6.5. A couple shaky moments, but he kept a clean sheet. Really can't complain about that.

Sagna- 8.5. Probably my man of the match. He did everything right and more. Completely outclassed his Sevilla counterpart performance-wise tonight. Goes to show you how good our scouting system is when we payed 8 million for a guy that way outplayed someone who was going to be sold to Chelsea for 24 million.

Toure- 7. No complaints, really. Another vintage Toure performance.

Senderos- 6.5. Did well for the majority of the game, but had a few shaky moments. Needs to work on his consistency to be the defender that I think he can be.

Clichy- 8. Another good game. Him and Sagna will both be known as world class if they can keep this form up throughout the season.

Rosicky- 6.5. Had a lively game before he had to go off. I love to watch him link up with our other players.

Fabregas- 7. Definitely wasn't as good of a performance as the one he put on saturday, but solid nonetheless. Good passing, tackled well, and nicked in a lucky goal.

Flamini- 8. Was all over the place tonight. Really disrupted Sevilla's passing rhythm. He's offering something that Bert can't: a non-subtle aggressive presence on the game.

Hleb- 6.5. Passing was off at times, but I thought he had a decent game. No complaints, but wasn't up to snuff with some of his previous performances.

Adebayor- 7. A handful once again.

RVP- 7. If it wasn't for the goal i'd probably give him a 6.5, but I love to see him score goals like that. He's slowly gaining form. His link up play was probably better today than it has been all season but he's not getting into dangerous positions. Still needs to work on his attacking influence. All in all, he's a player that looks like he's been out since January. Today's game kind of eased my fears regarding RVP.

Diaby- 5. Not ready for the first time, and Denilson should have been put in the game instead of him. End of story.

Eduardo- N/A. Not really gonna rate him because he didn't have much of an impact, but I love to see those kind of goals from him. The passing that lead to the goal was out of this world and he knew just where to be. Real poaching instincts. That was definitely not a goal Ade would have scored, despite how easy of a chance it would have been.

Diarra- 11.

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia 5 - Looked abit dodgy when catching the ball which is unusual, and if Kanoute had been alert it could have cost us.

Sagna - 8 What to say really? Brilliant again. Again.

Toure - 7 Solid as a rock.

Senderos - 6.5 A few scares but played well overall.

Clichy - 7.5 One on one defending was absolutely brilliant. Quickly becoming one of the best left backs around. One or two sloppy passes were all I can fault him on tonight.

Rosicky - 7 Thought he was playing very well until he went off...

Fabregas - 7 Another goal (although I think it'll go down as the the Sevilla player's which is a shame) and a decent performance.

Flamini - 7 Worked his socks off. Another commanding performance.

Hleb - 7 A few sloppy passes but he worked hard and kept us ticking. Great play for the third goal.

RVP - 6.5 Ah, finally a goal! Should do him the world of good. Well taken too.

Diaby - 3 Thought he was pretty shocking when he came on tbh.... I think only one or two of his passes actually reached an Arsenal shirt.

Eduardo - 7 Right place, right time. Good finish.

asajoseph

Established Member
Was sat right behind the goal which Arsenal were attacking in the first half, and defending in the second, so haven't had the benefit of too many replays, and am struggling a little under the weight of a few celebratory pints.

However...

Almunia - 7 - Looked solid enoguh when called upon, and a few good moments.

Sagna - 7 - Seemed to struggle a bit with Capel to me, and got beaten by his man on a few occasions. But had some good moments as well. I didn't really feel it was his best display, to be honest.

Toure - 9 - Covered Phil well, and was always in place to make sure that Sevilla didn't get a clear sight of goal. A really good performance

Senderos - 7 - Some great moments, and some loose ones too. That said, with him and Kolo at the back, defending set pieces doesn't seem to be as big an adventure as when Gallas is playing.

Clichy - 7 - Got forward ok, but wasted a few balls, and considering the number of fouls he seemed to give away, he was perhaps lucky not to get carded. Akves and Navas were finding a fair amount of room.

Hleb - 7 - Decent performance, and a few really good moments on the ball. Looks calm and assured in possession, as ever this season.

Cesc - 9 - A hand in all 3 goals, a really exceptional performance on the ball, and tracked back fairly well in defence.

Flamini - 8 - Was all over the place, and in a good way tonight. Made a large number of tackles, and was really all-action.

Rosicky - 6- Didn't make too much of an impact, though had some really nice runs down the left when released in the first half - maybe should have made more of the space he found.

Van Persie - 6 - Tidy, if straightforward finish for his goal - linked up fairly well, and a couple of nice dribbles, but not a massive impact.

Adebayor - 6 - Ran lots, and a few nice moments, but didn't really make much count tonight - a bad miss, after some excellent work to give himself space in the first half.

Diaby - 5 - Chatting to my mate who sat at the opposite end after the game, he seemed to have a different perspective. But play seemed to break up around him too many times.

Eduardo - 7 - a good cameo, and finished off a brilliant move. Hopefully will get a start against Derby at the weekend.

Diarra - 6 - not much of an impact.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I would agree with the majority of them although I think Ade and Hleb should have got higher ratings in general.

Ade- Brushed off defenders with ease- doing the donkey work, chasing everyball as usual- very unlucky with that good header. We will miss him come January. Gives us so much pace and power upfront.

Hleb- Was part of most of our attacking play, beat his man a couple times on the right, worked well with Van Persie ( I noticed they switch positions from time to time). Like Cesc- started to look tired in the end.

By the way- that team goal in the end was pure quality. Chelsea must be full of envy- probably was the final straw for Abromovic actually. Eduardo looks quality from the little guest appearences I see.

Also- Flams has greatly improved this season, its beyond a joke. His long range passes have stepped up a lot aswell.

awooga83

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Did Pretty well a couple of heart in mouth moments though

sagna - 7
Pretty solid although caught out a bit today.

toure - 8
Defended really well particularly with Senderos looking very shaky next to him

senderos - 6.5
Decent enough but still one to many nervous moments

clichy - 7
Good solid performance

hleb - 7
Pretty good if not as influential as in previous games some good movement.

flamini - 8
Great drive and engine was up and down the pitch all game

cesc - 7.5
Good game lucky on the goal but made some good passes and assits

rosicky - 6
Made some good runs but injured again the biggest problem with him

van persie - 6
Nice goal but didn't really make an impact on the game.

adebayor - 6.5
Lots of running as usual but touch was a bit poor and finishing off again.

Subs

diaby - 5
Pretty poor most things didn't work for him today

Eduardo - 7
nicely taken goal and always looks a goal threat when he comes on

Diarra - 5
Didn't really have time for an impact

giuliob

5 is average....

Almunia 5.5
Sagna 8.5
Toure 8.
Senderos 6.0
Clichy 8.
Rosicky 8.
Flamini 8
Fabregas 8
Hleb 8
RVP 7.5
Ade 7.5
Diaby 5
Edu 7
Diarra n/a

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Diarra must have been thrilled. First time in featuring a game with a 60,000 home support, unlike, eh, his former club.

jay-d

Established Member
Almunia 6
Clichy 7
Toure 7.5
Senderos 5
Sagna 8
Rosicky 7
Fabregas 8
Flamini 8
Hleb 7.5
van Persie 6.5
Adebayor 7

Diaby 4,5

Sammer

Established Member
Almunia 5.5 - looked shaky a couple of times, made one good save though

Clichy 8 - nearly faultless, needs to work on his passing though

Toure 8 - rock solid

Senderos 5 - several dodgy moments that were inexcusable

Sagna 8.5 - non-nonsense defending, direct atttacking play and THAT run....

Hleb 6.5 - mediocre first half, but caught up in the 2nd (in particular the last 20 minutes of the game)

Cesc 8 - composed and mature

Flamini 9 - my MOTM; covered every inch of the pitch, did extremely well in central midifield and provided good attacking impetus. Best game in an Arsenal shirt against a top side.

Rosicky 6.5 - played ok in attack, but his defensive qualities were lacking a bit

Adebayor 7 - besides poor finishing, he did well, opened up space and gave the Sevilla defenders some trouble

RvP 7.5 - good link-up play, good suprise moves and superb team-play.

Diaby 4 - Playing on the wing is not an excuse for NOT getting anything right. Complete failure in this game

Eduardo - no rating. Did well.

Lancelot

Established Member
Almunia - 7
Sagna - 9
Toure - 8.5
Senderos - 6
Clichy - 7
Hleb - 8
Fabregas - 9
Flamini - 9
Rosicky - 7
Robin van Persie - 7
Adebayor - 8

Diaby - 6
Eduardo - 7
Diarra - 6

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom