• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - LC: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 09/01/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
Almunia - 7. solid and very cool and level headed. couldn't really do anything about the goals. good game.

hoyte - 6. decent, but fairly quiet.

toure - 7,5. very strong, but as the experienced defender out there, he should have taken more charge and organized the defense. especially on crosses and set pieces. good game though.

djourou - 6. decent, but a few mistakes though. especially early in the first half.

traore - 6. decent, but his touch wasn't the best today.

walcott - 5. unfortunately, he wasn't very lucky out there today. gave the ball away a number of times and wasn't able to take advantage of his pace.

song - 8,5. a nervy start and looked a bit out of position in the first 20 mins or so. after that, he was outstanding. i don't like him, but even i have to admit he had a super last 70 mins today. great both on and off the ball.

cesc - 8,5. very good game. nothing more to say really.

denilson - 7. played out of position, but played well nevertheless. great touch, good passing and battled like even the most hardened of british midfielders.

baptista - 9,5. scored four goals, so can't really give him anything less. however, he started of a bit slow. too selfish and a bit sluggish. however, as song he had an outstanding last 70 mins. started releasing the ball earlier, was able to find space and take advantage of it. great game.

aliadiere - 10. MOM. if he wanted to stay here, he couldn't have written a better application. absolutely outstanding. i take my hat off and applaud his performance. crazy good movement off the ball, spectacular first touch, held on to the ball perfectly and his passing was super. one great goal and three superb assists and even got us a penalty. OUTSTANDING!

kel varnsen

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Anyone gives Song less than an 8 is a c**t imo.

Him or Aliadiere MotM.

song was great, but aliadiere was the mom. he was like a combination of henry and adebayor out there today.

N!

Will agree with most of Kel's ratings. Apart from an extra .5 to Djourou i'd say. Just for THAT tackle on Fowler though. :D

sabret00the

Established Member
Almunia - 9 - Made one mistake if that but other than that was perfect.

Hoyte - 6 - It pisses me off to never see him bust a gut.

Toure - 9 - Wonderful performance, seems like our Toure's returning.

Djourou - 9 - Wonderful performance. Loved the Fowler tackle.

Traore - 6 - Never had a good game, is better than that.

Walcott - 6 - Terrible game, but showed he's been working on his weaknesses, his close control was much improved.

Fabregas - 7 - Couldn't get in the game, couldn't get the ball how he wanted it but his passing was off, clearly doesn't like breaks.

Song - 6 - Done some good things and some bad things, seemed to be six of one and half a dozen of the other, got a goal.

Denilson - 6 - Was choked out there on the wing.

Baptista - 9 - Wonderful performance, only dwelled too long on the ball a few times, his vision is still off but he played a great strikers game.

Aliadiere - 10 - Oh what a game, perfect game. That's all i can say really.

The Head (Diaby) - 6 - Sloppy passing, subpar vision but it's his first game at this level since injury will improve.

bazza_afc

Almunia 7

Hoyte 6
Toure 7
Djourou 7
Traore 6

Denilson 7
Song ? - I just don't know, he did a lot of thing expertly but a lot of things abysmally.
Cesc 7
Theo 5

Beast 9
Aliadere 9.5

lagos

Established Member
Almunia - 8.

hoyte - 7.

toure - 8

djourou - 8.

traore - 7

walcott - 7

song - 8 considering his last match and the flak he's had to take as well as the opposition this was a very good performance

cesc - 8. - as usual

denilson - 7.

baptista - 9 -- now I believe!

aliadiere - 9.5 - outstanding. MOTM

JML

Almunia - 8
Hoyte - 6
Toure - 8
Djourou - 7
Traore - 6
Walcott - 5
Song - 7
Denilson - 6.5
Fabregas - 8
Baptista - 9
Ali - 10, MotM

GunneDown

Re: Liverpool - Arsenal. Carling cup, player ratings.

kel varnsen said:
Almunia - 7. solid and very cool and level headed. couldn't really do anything about the goals. good game.

hoyte - 6. decent, but fairly quiet.

toure - 7,5. very strong, but as the experienced defender out there, he should have taken more charge and organized the defense. especially on crosses and set pieces. good game though.

djourou - 6. decent, but a few mistakes though. especially early in the first half.

traore - 6. decent, but his touch wasn't the best today.

walcott - 5. unfortunately, he wasn't very lucky out there today. gave the ball away a number of times and wasn't able to take advantage of his pace.

song - 8,5. a nervy start and looked a bit out of position in the first 20 mins or so. after that, he was outstanding. i don't like him, but even i have to admit he had a super last 70 mins today. great both on and off the ball.

cesc - 8,5. very good game. nothing more to say really.

denilson - 7. played out of position, but played well nevertheless. great touch, good passing and battled like even the most hardened of british midfielders.

baptista - 9,5. scored four goals, so can't really give him anything less. however, he started of a bit slow. too selfish and a bit sluggish. however, as song he had an outstanding last 70 mins. started releasing the ball earlier, was able to find space and take advantage of it. great game.

aliadiere - 10. MOM. if he wanted to stay here, he couldn't have written a better application. absolutely outstanding. i take my hat off and applaud his performance. crazy good movement off the ball, spectacular first touch, held on to the ball perfectly and his passing was super. one great goal and three superb assists and even got us a penalty. OUTSTANDING!

Agree with that.

Almunia was great tonight even though he conceded 3. made some great saves.

Ali and Bap great!

ALI MOTM! :D

nazo

Established Member
I only watched the second half, but according to that i agree with kel's ratings.

eddie_wills

Almunia 8.5 - Very good indeed, maybe could have palmed the free kick a little further away for the goal.

Hoyte 6 - Wasn't attacked much, did ok whenever he had to. Didn't help out Walcott when Theo went forward, which allowed LIverpool to get 3/4 men around him.

Traore 5 - Wasn't impressed. Got forward but didn't do much with it. Liverpool's crossfield passes over to his side of the pitch consistently found their man.

Toure 9 - What was that stuff about over the last few weeks Kolo?

Djourou 8.5 - Too young at this stage to have the consistency for starting at the top level, but this kid is going to be special.

Denilson 6 - Didn't see enough of the ball, but worked hard and looked tenacious. Went into tackles left foot first; seems genuinely both footed.

Alex Song 7.25 - Passing at the start was overhit, looked very nervous. Grew into the game. Excellent positioning and anticipation.

Fabregas 7.5 - Worked so hard, wonderful vision.

Walcott 4 - Needed more help from Hoyte, but did nothing when he had it. Poor crosses, kept running down blind alleys. Didn't work hard enough defensively.

Aliadiere 9 - Well done son.

Baptista 9 - Tonight showed he had it all to play upfront. Quick feet, finishing, aerial ability, vision, passing. Needs to release ball quicker but that will come with time. Can he be consistent? We'll see, but for me the raw ingredients appear to be there.

Jameel46

Established Member
Almunia - 7.5 (can he be Arsenal first choice now?)

Toure - 8 (he's Toure, he's Solid)
Djourou - 7 (not his greatest game, but did okay)
Hoyte - 6 (meh)
Traore - 6 (still waiting for him to show what he showed at DB's testimonial in competitive games)

Walcott - 5 (didn't have a good game)
Fabregas - 6.5 (not at his best)
Song - 8 (did the Gilberto role well, not getting noticed by fans and only criticised, not an easy role to do)
Denilson - 6 (played out of position but still did a decent job)

Baptista - 9.5 (who is this guy? haven't seen him before in an Arsenal shirt)
Aliadiere - 10 (read what i wrote for baptista)

Diaby - 6 (first game back from a long term injury, not great but atleast he made it through without any problems)
Connolly - 6 (not enough time to do anything)

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:

Him or Aliadiere MotM.
Almunia: 9 - Several excellent saves. Excellent shot-stopper no question, but his decision making still has question marks. Can't be faulted tonight though.
Traore: 6.5 - Pretty good game, tireless.
Toure: 6.5 - Some excellent interventions, but as the senior man in defence, he should have organised the defence much better for the 3 Liverpool goals. All from set pieces.
Djourou: 7.5 - Tough game against Bellamy, but did very well.
Hoyte: 6.5 - Solid enough game.
Denilson: 7 - Clearly out of position, but very tidy and grew into the game. Looks like a typical Wenger type midfielder.
Song: 7.999999 :) - Some very good stuff but some bad stuff. Would have given him a lower rating but I fear incurring YuenBiaoFan's wrath.
Fabregas: 8 - Walk in the park for him tonight.
Walcott: 4.5 - Very, very quiet. I forgive him though, he can't be brilliant every game.
Baptista: 9.5 - More of the same (poor touches, caught in possession), but lots of the new - great timing of runs into the box, and two superb finishes.
Aliadiere: 10 - Reminded me of his potential when he mugged the defender in the 5-1 over Inter years ago. Fantastic. Brilliant movement, close control and link-up play.

Linson

kel varnsen said:
YuenBiaoFan said:

Him or Aliadiere MotM.

song was great, but aliadiere was the mom. he was like a combination of henry and adebayor out there today.

What you talking about!?!

He was the daddy!

stiiphunn

Established Member
bluenaz said:
I only watched the second half, but according to that i agree with kel's ratings.

Yup- Agree with Kel as well.

Walcott was terrible though to be honest. How many times did he lose the ball tonight? Amazing. As for Song, he really impressed me tonight- happy for him!

lagos

Established Member
it's not very often a team gets to ship 6 past liverpool at anfield especially a B team! so . be a little generous guys nobody should get less than a 7!

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom