• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 19/08/06

ashwin_eats

Was disappointed with the way we played. Just kept passing the ball around to much and no body wanted to shoot.

Lehmanm - 6 . didnt have much to do
Eboue - 7 . made good runs forward but final delivery wasnt up to the mark.
kolo - 7 had a okai game but looked solid.
djuroue - 6.5 plyed well.
hyote - 6 had an average game.
jlunberg - 7.5 looked like the best player till he got substituted. Ran all over the picth and did very well.
gilberto - 7.5 played really well and scored the vital goal to draw us level.
cesc - 6.5 had an okai game.
hleb - 5.5 didnt do much today. held the ball a bit to long and played towards the center rather than the wing.
ade - 6 began well but did pretty okai.
henry - 6 didnt have match fitness and lacked sharpness.

flamini - didnt have any thing to do.
rvp - same didnt have much time to do anything.
theo - 7.5 did really well and helped to get the goal. ran at defenders really well and got pace into the game.

Gilberto for me was the man of the match .

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann - 5
Eboue - 6.5
Toure - 6.5
Djourou - 6
Hoyte - 5
Ljungberg - 7
Gilberto - 7.5
Cesc - 6.5
Hleb - 6.5
Ade - 6
Henry - 5

Flamini - 5/10 Not enough time on ball.
Rvp - 5/10 Not enough time on ball.
theo - 6.5 for the semi assist.

Mostarac

Established Member
Lehmann 6, Hoyte 5, Toure 7, Djourou 6, Eboue 7, Ljungberg 7, Cesc 6, Gilberto 6, Hleb 7, Adebayor 5 and Thierry Henry 6.

RC8

Established Member
Lehmann - 6
Eboue - 8 (had he scored most people would be giving him a 10)
Toure - 7.5
Djourou - 7.5
Hoyte - 5
Ljungberg - 7
Gilberto - 8
Cesc - 7
Hleb - 7.5
Ade - 7
Henry - 6

Flamini - 6
Rvp - 6
theo - 8 gave the team a revitalised look and hardly gave the ball away. score is put into context

f4evo

Lehmann - 6
Hoyte - 5
Toure - 7
Eboue- 7
Djorou- 7
Cesc - 8
Hleb - 8
Freddie - 6
Gilberto - 7
Henry - 5
Ade - 6

RvP- 5
Theo - 7.5
Flamini - N/A

caryn

lehmann - 6
didn't do too much. but could have done better to prevent the villa goal.

cesc - 7.5
rather stable. could have tried more long shots. not ball overall.

toure - 7
solid as usual. nice goal disallowed.

ljungberg - 8
for a player who has just returned from injury, he was amazing. running everywhere, fighting for possession.

van persie -6
didn't do much to impress, but was okay.

hleb - 7.5
didn't start off very well but got into the game. excellent ball control.

henry - 6
obviously lacked sharpness. could have done much better. needs a few more games i guess.

flamini - 6
didn't do much, but would have preferred him over hoyte.

gilberto - 7.5
saved us with that great goal.

djourou - 7
getting better and better. had an okay game too.

adebayor - 7
don't know why everyone seems to think he did badly. i felt that he was quite good actually, just very unlucky. definitely sharper than henry, and did his part to win possession.

walcott - 7
impressive. shows great potential!

hoyte - 5.5
frankly, i think he can't fit in. don't blame him too much though. after a season with sunderland (who ended rock bottom), playing at the arsenal's level immediately isn't easy. oh, and he was playing out of his usual position too right? needs to improve ALOT.

eboue - 7.5
played well going forward. was unlucky and should have gotten a goal!

i felt that arsenal didn't play badly. its hard to play against a team that plays 10-0-0. we just lacked the LUCK.

Octavio - gunner

Lehman 7 - ok
Kolo 8 - solid game, even went forward a couple times
Djourou 7 - ok
Eboue 7 - good game, bad luck in front of goal
Hoyte 5 - started very nervous and was caught out of place, better 2nd half
Gilberto 9 - he's like a good wine, improves with age
Cesc 7 - tried but couldn't do much
Hleb 5 - got lost through long periods and when he had the ball kept it too long and didn't know what to do with it
Ljungberg 8 - good game, giving everything (not like the rest)
Ade 7 - he tried but never found space, sometimes he hides behind the defenders
Henry 6 - I hope it's lack of games, he just wasn't there

RvP 6 - was completely out of time, Ade keeps convincing me (and apparently Wenger too) that he's improving faster than vP
Walcott 8 - had less time than the rest and did a lot more
Flamini 7 - ok

I'm sure it will improve with games. We are gonna have to do something fast against tight defenses in The Grove.

apollo

too many passes...that's why we lost today , nobody pulled the trigger....

Lehmann:6 (did well except for the goal we conceded)
Toure: 7 (the core of defence , and very reliable)
Djourou: 7 (I really under-estimated him before the game , but the guy was great he had the pace that people like Senderos and Campbell lack)
Eboue: 7 (great in attack , tried his best at shooting , but he tends to shoot from difficult angles)
Hoyte: 5.5 (was really out-runned by Agbonlahor , needs confidenence)
Gilberto 7.5 (Always the saviour , just remember last season's Bolton and Reading games and you'll know what I'm talking about , Brilliant!! )
Cesc 7.5 (Controlled the ball beautifully and orchastrated the attack)
Hleb 6.5 (he sucked at first , but soon was there at every passing and there were so many :) )
Ljungberg: 7 (full of pace and skill , his presence was necessary , thumbs up knowing he's not %100 recovered from his injury)
Henry: 6 (not good passing nor participation , he seemed to be stuck at the 2nd gear...but I guess it's due to lack of fitness)
Adebayor: 6.5 (caused some disturbance , and handled the ball well)
van Persie 6.5 (did some good work , but lacked the impact as he came on late and there were so many Villa players in his area)
Walcott 8.5 (Stunning , Electric...this was the time Wenger has been waiting for , Brilliant pace , control and confidence)
Flamiini 6 (didn't see much of him)...

But all in all , O'Neill played his cards well...and I'm not very worried as it's the start of the season and we needed this thing to get us to know how to handle things well...

Gunner87

Lehmann 5.0 Didn't have much to do and conceded the goal in a typical silly way!
Eboué 7.0 Had good runs forward, but was sometime undecided what to do when in the box. Has to work on that.
Touré 7.0 Good as ever.
Djourou 6.0 Was OK. Wasn't in the action too often.
Hoyte 4.0 Poor. Bad link up, slow passes...This is NO leftback!
Hleb 7.0 Good runs, worked a lot. Passes sometimes not precice enough.
Fabregas 7.0 Good!
Gilberto Silva 6.0 Apart from the nice goal, fairly poor. In the first half lost the ball to often!
Ljungberg 6.5 Some good runs, good workrate, but clearly played out of position. He's a rightwinger, that's for sure after that game and surely NO backup for Rosicky!!
Henry 5.0 For his standards, poor!
Adebayor 7.0 Had the best chances for Arsenal. Just his first touch is still poor.

Subs:

Walcott: 8.0 Great! Superb runs on the left. Compared to Ljungbergs performance it was like day and night!
Van Persie: 6.0 OK
Flamini: 6.0 Couldn't show a lot!

Muppy

I would like to know how the hell some of you guys rate Ade and RvP the same points for this match.

Ade worked like a machine, retained possession, got 2 very good goal scoring chances which were cleared off the line, created more than RvP and while RvP had limited time, he was quite clearly **** in this match. Lost the ball on many occasions and was not dangerous at all.

This RvP golden boy fan club is seriously starting to annoy me. Even if Ade had scored on both occasions, many would just say they were simple goals and he was at the right place at the right time but if RvP scores you all go holy ****, great goal.

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 5
quiet, but made a bit a mess of the goal we conceded.

eboue - 7
good game, but his final ball needs work.

toure - 7
solid

djourou - 7
likewise

hoyte - 4
poor game from hoyte; both going forward and defensively.

hleb - 6
inconsistant. gave the ball away a number of times and drifted into the middle too early a few times, but looked lively and tried to make things happen.

gilberto - 7
decent, but his passing was a bit sloppy at times. an extra point for the goal.

cesc - 8
not brilliant, but pretty good. composed on the ball, strong one on one, very good passing, but wasn't really able to break down the villa back four.

freddie - 8,5 MOM
very good game by freddie today. lots of effort, great runs both off and on the ball, quick, worked his ass off and beat the right back a number of times. back to his old self again?

henry - 4,5
looks like he's weeks away from match fitness. inconsistant touch, lousy finishing, poor movement off the ball etc. needs more match practice.

adebayor - 5,5
should have scored, but was a bit unlucky once and hesitated once. worked hard, is strong in the air and is a handful for the villa defenders. however, he holds on to the ball too long and thus many of our attacking moves breaks down.

rvp - 5
disappointing. looked like he never really got into the game.

walcott - 7
didn't play much, but got a nice assist and wasn't afraid to have a go at the full back. quick, good on the ball and good passing.

Sammer

Established Member
Some of the ratings here are ridiculous.

Cesc had a great first half - easily deserves at least a 7.5 for a brilliant display, but of course could not keep up this immense level due to lack of match fitness.

Other than that, Walcott was extremely impressive. Great pace, composure and technique - would like to see more of him !

choi12911

Muppy said:
I would like to know how the hell some of you guys rate Ade and RvP the same points for this match.

Ade worked like a machine, retained possession, got 2 very good goal scoring chances which were cleared off the line, created more than RvP and while RvP had limited time, he was quite clearly s**t in this match. Lost the ball on many occasions and was not dangerous at all.

This RvP golden boy fan club is seriously starting to annoy me. Even if Ade had scored on both occasions, many would just say they were simple goals and he was at the right place at the right time but if RvP scores you all go holy s**t, great goal.

RVP had about 4 or 5 touches in the game if I'm not mistaken and lost the ball on about 2 occasions. Seriously, we've seen too little of him to judge his performance today. It's really unfair to expect RVP to come into every game around 65th minute and expect him to change the game by himself.

Both didn't play well in my point of view. Neither did Henry.

The_byrne

mad jens 5 - goal was his fault, did nothing to atone
hoyte 4- aweful, almost made me want cole to stay, terrible going foreward, reading of the game was poo
Kolo 8 - Did well as main man, with inexperienced partner, athletic and never made a mistake
Djourou, 8 - for that tackle
Eboue, 7 - bombed it foreward, ok in defense
Cesc, 7 - Zipped the ball around, but lost it in key areas, which is rare
Gilberto, 8 - usual really from him + goal
Hleb, 9 MOTM, - turned on sixpence, has speed, and an eye for a pass
Ljunberg, 7 - Held the ball too long, slowed down attacks
Ade, 8 - on another day would have had a hat-trick, awesome workrate
TH 5, might has well not played, lost his man for goal, only avoided three because he made himslef one chance.

Walcott 8, - looked sharp and got half assist
RVP 7, - got other half of assist, but looked off pace

All in all a good performance, unlucky in front of goal, will improve

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 5 - Massive error that cost us a goal.

Eboue 6 - Gets into great positions but is worthless in the final third. Lot of work needed.

Toure 7 - Composed, solid self.

Djourou 7 - Idem dito.

Hoyte 4 - Terrible. Let Agbonlahor (sp?) get past him all the time and often caught out of position. We need a proper left back.

Hleb 7 - Started badly but showed great passing and dribbling in the second half. Wish he would shoot though.

Cesc 8 - Good performance, lacks a bit of fitness.

Gilberto 7 - Quiet, some bad passes, but scored the goal.

Ljungberg 8 - Very good game from him, his crosses are unfortunately wasted on our idiot strikers who don't get the basic principle of first post, second post when the cross comes in. Yes Henry, that means you second post to create space for midfielders on the penalty spot, not the other way around. Rah.

Adebayor 6 - Very poor touch at times, but good off the ball. Should have scored.

Henry 6 - Some great touches but obviously not fit. Wish he wouldn't go for the first time flick every time he receives a pass with back to goal.

Subs:

RvP 5 - Poor. Then again, he is a confidence player and 25 minutes is not enough. He must be wondering if he's really that bad if Adebayor is getting games over him and it's starting to affect him.

Walcott 8 - Excellent. Great touches, great pace and set up the goal. Has the turning circle of a ballerina.

Flamini N/A - Not enough time to rate him.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom