• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 02/01/07

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
yesterday game led me to comparing clichy and cole(inevitable).

don't you think clichy offers a hell lot more than cole? although clichy gets suck in very easily, he runs up and down the flank like he has unlimited stamina. his crosses is not that good, but his link up play, drawing opposition defenders to create space for others is perfect. defensively he is hard to beat as well. after this season, i am pretty convinced he will be one of the top leftback in the world. what a luxury, top wingbakcs in arsenal.

hujja

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
yesterday game led me to comparing clichy and cole(inevitable).

don't you think clichy offers a hell lot more than cole? although clichy gets suck in very easily, he runs up and down the flank like he has unlimited stamina. his crosses is not that good, but his link up play, drawing opposition defenders to create space for others is perfect. defensively he is hard to beat as well. after this season, i am pretty convinced he will be one of the top leftback in the world. what a luxury, top wingbakcs in arsenal.

Gael still has to work on his defending. He gets beaten far too easily and always seems to let the opposition get some crosses into our box.

That's one aspect of the game he needs to work on. He should also play more incisive and intelligent passes. Quite often he restricts himself and the general momentum of our counter attack to square passes.

He should also look before he crosses. He always seems to have his head down for some reason.

Other than that, he's fine. :)

sabret00the

Established Member
Clichy versus Cole

Cole is beaten easier when it's a speed challenge.
Clichy is beaten easier when it's a skill challenge.
Clichy is not as good at tackling
Clichy is not as good at linking up play
Clichy's final ball is somehow worse than Coles
Cole is slower
Clichy isn't as tactically astute

yadda yadda yadda. hopefully you got the picture there.

Alfonso

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Clichy versus Cole

Cole is slower

Clichy is 21, Cole is 25/26. Clichy has just come back from a major injury. Cole has played in two world cups and has over 50 caps for England.

Unfair comparison.

When Cole was 21 they were about the same imo. That's when you should compare them.

Clichy can be better a player than Cole in the future. He has the 'potential'.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I make you right Alfonso. When Cole came into the team everyone was complaining about the defensive side to his game. Let Clichy have a good run in the team and let him develop. He's obviously got talent so Wenger will nurture him like he did Cole.

And I haven't seen Cole beaten in a race yet in all fairness

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Clichy versus Cole

Cole is slower

Clichy is 21, Cole is 25/26. Clichy has just come back from a major injury. Cole has played in two world cups and has over 50 caps for England.

Unfair comparison.

When Cole was 21 they were about the same imo. That's when you should compare them.

I agree with this,but there's no guarantees he will be better than Cole either.

RammiXP

i have not read a huge amount on here about the game but i was wondering if it was commented on about how justin hoyte celebrated his goal. it was great to see that sheer joy of scoring for what seems to be the club he wants to play for. i want justin to push forward and become a big player for us in the future he is english he grew up at the club and is getting better.

i was so happy for him yesterday

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Clichy versus Cole

Cole is slower

Unfair comparison.

No guarantee he won't be better either (see where we are going?)

I just can't stand seeing a 18/19/20/21/22/23 year old getting compared with established players. It's terrible round here, Kel's the worst offender I think :lol:

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Probably the reason why is because he seems to have been at Arsenal for ages, it's hard to believe he's only 21

sabret00the

Established Member
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Clichy versus Cole

Cole is slower

Unfair comparison.

I don't want to get intot eh potential talk because it has **** all to do with what's come up here. what i have done however it take someone's 'argument' that Clichy offers more than Cole and added a spice of reality to the ludicrous statement. Personally i'd still prefer Gallas to be our first choice over either of them.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:
sabret00the said:
Clichy versus Cole

Cole is slower

Unfair comparison.

No guarantee he won't be better either (see where we are going?)

I do which is why I acknowledged agreement in my opening sentence, perhaps you would have seen where I was going had you not been so quick to jump on RocktheCasbah's words. Again.

asajoseph

Established Member
Before his last injury, Clichy looked like a better player than Cole was at the same age for my money, and at the very least just as good.

Hopefully his final ball will improve, as will his link-up play, but I reckon he's not only faster but better at beating a man than Cole ever was. Defensively, at the same age, they're about the same I reckon, although Cole improved greatly in this regard, and it's no easy task for Clichy to match that.

Still, I think he's a good player (always have), and I really like his attitude.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
perharps comparing both of their form currently, all gooners will be delighted.

cole is having nightmares, defensively and attackingly, while clichy have not make any glaring mistake, even though he isnt that world class in defending.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom