• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 12/08/07

fab4girl

MDGoonah41 said:
Fab4girl disagrees with harsh ratings for Cesc? No way! ;)

Oh yeah ofcourse i am supposed to be reallllly biased :roll: Give him a 10!!!!!!

Well, giving him less ratings that Rosicky is laughable actually, if Cesc didnt impose, neither did he.
i am just saying he was decent if not great and rather not outshined by Flamini.

but i think a lot of you give ratings according to what a player did for what you expected so its ok.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
The wink was to indicate a joke. I always assumed Fab4 is a play on Fabregas4, but if it's not, then my friendly joke was off the mark.

On an unrelated note, I was thinking about this, but it would be cool if we developed a "rating system", like 1-5 for every player that everyone used, and we could do the ratings after every game and compile everyone's results to get an average rating. It seems like some people use different rating systems, no one gets a "10" for example, and for some posters, a 6 is a good score, while a 7 or 7.5 is man of the match.

It would be interesting to have everyone use the same rating system and then see what the average score for a player is at the end of the day, using the same evaluation system.

belgianfan

MDGoonah41 said:
I guess I'm in the minority for thinking Gallas had a better game than Toure. I don't remember Gallas really looking out of sorts much at all today, while Toure made a few noticeable blunders in his own half. He did win the penalty, full marks there, but he looked rough at the back, while I rarely noticed Gallas out of position or making a bad read/pass/play

No worries though, in the end all the ratings add up to 3 points.

I thought gallas was better too.
way more calm in defence, touré is a great defender but sometimem he makes me nervous :eek:ops:

fab4girl

MDGoonah41 said:
The wink was to indicate a joke. I always assumed Fab4 is a play on Fabregas4, but if it's not, then my friendly joke was off the mark.

it is for that . Sorry i didnt meant to be rude but i dont like when people think i am being biased coz of my username.

asajoseph

Established Member
How many corners did we have today, and how many of them did Fabregas just dolly-up into Warner's hands?

We just didn't threaten anything at all from them - whereas every single one of Fulham's corners was a mini-drama in our box.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
asajoseph said:
How many corners did we have today, and how many of them did Fabregas just dolly-up into Warner's hands?

We just didn't threaten anything at all from them - whereas every single one of Fulham's corners was a mini-drama in our box.
i dont think we will ever be dangerous on corners unless Bendtner is in the game.. he can get up there for them better than our other players.. or maybe Gilberto...

of course, it's difficult to put in a good corner when NO ONE IS IN THE BOX

MDGoonah41

Established Member
On corners, I'd prefer we just take it short and try to create. It seems we never score from a lofted corner attempt. In fact, thinking back to last year, the only one I remember right away was the Gallas goal against Liverpool when they just didn't mark anyone in the box.

fab4girl

Yep a lot of crosses from Sagna and clichy were quite good, if only there would be someone inside the bof, even rvp stayed near the edge of the box. well i guess you would expect this from playing a lone striker.

qs

Established Member
asajoseph said:

Oh come on at least half them failed to even get as far as Warner.

phenn

Wenger: 4 didn't like the starting lineup. Would be a 3 but his little spin in fury at theo entertained me.

Lehmann: 5 he was equal parts good and bad.

Sagna: 6.5 I've been harsh on this guy he seemed to do well. I haven't analyzed the game too closely but I'm docking our defenders a point in general just for some terrifying moments.

Toure: 6.5 Great run otherwise he'd be much lower, terrified me on defense a few times but made some good tackles as well.

Gallas: 5.5 I don't know but he should be taking command on set pieces and there was no command there. I had my heart in my throat on corners.

Clichy: 5.5 He did a lot of running forward but seemed to be caught out a bit on defense pretty often.

Eboue: 5 Eh. Needs more games. The boy sure can run though. Being a defender he should be helping out better on defense.

Cesc: 6 He had a great ball for the assist but other than that he didn't seem to do too many positive things. Wake up.

Flamster: 6.5 I thought looked pretty good. I kind of want to give him a 7 because I love the guy. **** it, he gets a 7.

Rosicky: 6 The guy's infuriating. HIT THE BALL SO IT GOES IN THE NET GOD DAMN IT. He did a lot of work and got a lot of shots though.

Hleb 7.5 He was great. Would have been lower had he not scored obviously, but he really gave them a hard time and looked to shoot at the correct time most of the time. He should play on the left. The rating's not higher because he did miss a lot of chances that were legit chances that I'd expect a man in the hole to finish.

RvP: 7 Good penalty. Other than that, he could have finished a lot better. You can't play a shadow striker on his own. FFS Arsène, you must realize this.

Theo: 3 Yeah. He needs to work on dribbling and ummm decision making. Thierry would have actually committed a homicide out there had he not squared to him. Were we not in the lead, I would have flown to London and tracked him down.

Bendtner: 6.5 I liked what he brought to us a lot. The guy's an absolute BEAST physically. Case in point when that ball was just skyed up by RvP and Bendtner actually won it cleanly and got a pretty strong header on target. The keeper spilled it for Christ's sake. Beast. And he seemed to do enough with his feet, he put Hleb into the box through two defenders. I really think he's a lot stronger and better in the air than Ade. Not better, yet, but in the air I think so.

Song: 15 I'm entertained every time I see him. Watching him actually run out there he looked like he might be upset that Arsène had actually made him get up and ready to go in for no reason.

Adebayor: 10 Nice suit.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
phenn said:
Song: 15 I'm entertained every time I see him. Watching him actually run out there he looked like he might be upset that Arsène had actually made him get up and ready to go in for no reason.

Adebayor: 10 Nice suit.

Good call. My 10 for Song was underselling him. His hair looked pristine. And Ade's suit was good, the hat was a nice touch. I give it a 9, personally.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
anybody caught notice of song's face at the final whitsle? he was like "wtf? i havent even touch the ball. "poor lad, spent 10 mins dolling up, changing his jersey, socks boots just for a 2 second run on the pitch.

btw today's rating.

lehmann 4
sagna 5.5
toure 6.5
gallas 6
clichy 6
eboue 5
hleb 7
rosicky 6
cesc 6
flamini 5
rvp 6.5

subs
bendtner 6
walcott 5.5
song 10

kamikaze80

Established Member
lehmann - 4 - had nothing but routine saves and made a sock of himself.

sagna - 7.5 - solid.
toure - 7.5 - the only one who gives a ****. great run for the penalty, and shows what a bit of power and directness could do for us. it's sad that he'd probably score more goal for us in midfield than anyone else we have there atm.
gallas - 6.5
clichy - 7

eboue - 5 - he's not a midfielder
fabregas - 4.5 - terrible game
flamini - 7 - solid
rosicky - 6 - decent runs but cant finish to save his life
hleb - 7 - looks more dangerous than he actually is due to his avg finishing - nice goal though

van persie - 6 - formation did not suit him

walcott - 5 - ran into dead ends and cant believe he didnt square for bendtner
bendtner - 7 - his physicality was much needed

jester

Established Member
asa said:
after one particularly embarrassing mix-up at the back, when Jens didn't call for it and Gallas toe poked it just past his own goal.

'twas Toure if I recall correctly

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Yeah it was Toure, Jens sould of came and collected it but he was shaky all game, Gallas gave him a bollocking for it.

KingReyes

Established Member
asajoseph said:

So true. Do we actually practice them? I seriously doubt it, just the fact that they put a player on Lehmann to put him off whilst we let Tony ****ing Warner wonder around with no pressure on a corner shows you the difference.

The worst part was seeing that Fulham player (Bocanegra I think) all on his own in the penalty box when they had a corner and everyone just wondering how that ****ing happened. :roll:

kamikaze80

Established Member
oh yeah, that was the othe reason i gave fabregas a 4.5. his corners were awful. pathetic, really, we shouldve just played them short if thats the crap we're gonna throw into the box. why give fulham the chance to counterattack?

asajoseph

Established Member
jester said:
asa said:
after one particularly embarrassing mix-up at the back, when Jens didn't call for it and Gallas toe poked it just past his own goal.

'twas Toure if I recall correctly

Hmm, I thought that was Gallas - but we'll probably find out on the replays. After all, I haven't seen one yet, and I was 20 rows back in the upper tier.

Lukazan

Established Member
I'm convinced Wenger wants corners delivered that way, but I have no idea why. They're useless.

Literally 8/10 of our corners fail to clear the first man. I won't accept that these professionals can't get enough elevation on the ball to beat the first man so I have to put it down to deliberate tactics.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom