• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 21/01/07

IBL

Established Member
It really is sad to see Eboue act this way. Here's a guy who's managed to keep world class players quiet in big matches and has really taken his chances in Lauren's absence with both hands and made the RB position his own. Despite the club's and Wenger's attempts to eradicate this from his game he still persists with these stupid acts. If he continues, despite how good he is, I'd like to see Hoyte replace him because he disgraces the shirt everytime he acts in that manner.

Gooner T

Ice Berg legend said:
It really is sad to see Eboue act this way. Here's a guy who's managed to keep world class players quiet in big matches and has really taken his chances in Lauren's absence with both hands and made the RB position his own. Despite the club's and Wenger's attempts to eradicate this from his game he still persists with these stupid acts. If he continues, despite how good he is, I'd like to see Hoyte replace him because he disgraces the shirt everytime he acts in that manner.

then get ready to start losing big matches like the one on sunday because players like C. Ronaldo would absolutely murder Hoyte. Sorry to say it and i hope that hoyte improves but right now that is the reality.

longrufus

Established Member
Rocafella said:
Ice Berg legend said:
Ultimately if anyone is to blame for the goal it's Eboue firstly for being pulled out of position, then Cesc for not tracking back and allowing Evra to whip the ball in for Rooney to score.

To be fair to Eboue he was up Ronaldo's arse marking him but Hleb or Fabregas wasn't tracking Evra.

Ridiculous to suggest Eboue was in any way resposible. His concern at the time was Ronaldo, and keepin him out of the game. Evra should have been tracked by Hleb, who was sleepin at the time, Fabregas realised the danger and tried to cover back, he was unlucky and couldnt make the space up. Evra was Hlebs responsibility, the mistake was his.

Gurgen

Established Member
Spot on longrufus.

Though you shouldn't be surprised mate, it won't be long before Eboue is blamed for typhus and cholera as well on here.

IBL

Established Member
Gooner T said:
Ice Berg legend said:

then get ready to start losing big matches like the one on sunday because players like C. Ronaldo would absolutely murder Hoyte. Sorry to say it and i hope that hoyte improves but right now that is the reality.
Hoyte isnt at all bad when it comes to defending, he just doesnt offer the same as Eboue going forward, there's no reason to suggest he wont further improve as the season progresses seeing as he's getting a run of games now.

bazza_afc

Gooner T said:
bazza_afc said:
Gooner T said:
just wanna say a big f**k you to all the people who were slating Eboue in the week building up to this match.
also a big f**k you to all the people who said clichy wasnt good enough for arsenal.

and finally... a BIG f**k you to all the anti Henry people on this forum.... the king has taught you a lesson again!!!

Nothing's changed, he was still up to his usual antics. No-one's questioning his ability or potential, we (majority of gooners) just don't like cheating, espescially when it's done in such an embarrasing fashion.

i dunno.. to me it seems as if for some people its one rule for eboue and another for the rest of our players... for example, i didnt hear one word when RVP got booked for diving against Blackburn the other week. If Eboue had done that he would have got slated for it.

Im not sayin we should slate RVP but all im sayin is treat our players equally... especially when they give everything on the pitch for the team like Eboue does.

And on top of that diving, feigning injury, gamesmanship is a part of the modern game. Some people act like Eboue is the only player in the league that does it. Take one look at the match against Utd on Sunday. The entire Utd team were at it trying to run the clock down.

Players that epitomise the "british" "honest" way of playing are some of the biggest divers in the league like Gerrard and Rooney.

I personally lost all respect for keeping the game honest the night that we were robbed at Old Trafford in Game 50 of our run. The words of Richard Keys still haunt me in the after game analysis... "Rooney EARNT the penalty didnt he"... not dived, not cheated, but he earnt the penalty! It was then that I realised that it was one rule for the English players and another for the foreigners. Since then, im like f**k it, if they are gonna cheat us, why should we keep getting mugged off while tryin to be honest.

There's going down with minimal contact trying to win a free-kick or penalty, a la RVP& then there's blatantly trying to get the opponent sent off, by rolling around on the floor, pretending to be in agony, complaining to the ref, when there has been literally no contact whatsoever a la Eboue which IMO is far worse.

Gooner T

look im not sayin that what Eboue does is good and he deserves a gold star for it or anything!

what im sayin is that it doesnt bother me because other teams players will try and do the same to us. we've had so mayn players sent off over the years because of an over reaction from an opposition player. Look at what happend to Gilberto at blackburn. (Savage has got what he deserved though, ****) Look at Van Nistelrooy and Viera at Old Trafford 03. Look at Solsjkear Cambell at Highbury 03.

gstew

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
burnsjed said:
Thats not fair.
Just his views/judgements of Henry have always been some what *, and he is currently holding Clichy up to our previous left back, who was his favourite player.

Sabre does bring a lot of decent points to the table.

Concur!!
Just a little sarcasm.

Although I consistently disagree with Sabre, he does explain his points fully and provides intelligent discourse. I just think he is wrong so often that I tend to assume I will disagree with what he wrote even before reading it. I have the exact same experience with Kel Varnesen. Expresses himself well, just dreadfully wrong.

Gurgen

Established Member
That's rich coming from someone who thinks Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom