• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/01/07

alonso14

Established Member
Gilberto will be dealt with by his manager

it was stupid and petulant...to let yourself get owund uo by the gobshite that is Lily Savage is criminal

Biggus

Established Member
Gurgen said:
He's human but could have cost us. He has been playing in the Premiership for a few years now, it's not the first time they've tried to get under his skin.

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with you Gurgen. Robbie Savage is a useless player, his reason for being on the pitch is to get up peoples noses and provoke them, everyone including Gilberto should know this.

chandraraj

how on earth a 19 year old kid is consistently getting 8-9 rating in almost everyone's view? cesc is amazing.

Biggus

Established Member
chandraraj said:
how on earth a 19 year old kid is consistently getting 8-9 rating in almost everyone's view? cesc is amazing.

Chand.....I think there is an element of metoo ism in it.......Do you want to stick your neck out when he has an average game?
We'd bloody lynch you here. :lol: We love our Cescy boy, I nearly smashed my new LCD TV to get at that dirty bastard tugay.

qs

Established Member
Gilberto snapped. Obviously he went out with it fixed in his head that he wasn't going to be kicked about the place and he was just too fired up. Its a rare indescretion from Bert so I cant feel angry with him.

IBL

Established Member
I cant blame Gilberto for what he did, it was silly but when you have a muppet like Savage foul you with a kick from behind, then kicks you again when you're down as well as punching the back of your head - almost anyone would react to that. Savages stupid dive afterwards didnt help much either, Gilberto hardly lashed out.

vanPersie

Lehmann - 7

Hoyte - 8
Toure - 8
Senderos - 8
Clichy - 8

Hleb - 7
Fabregas - 10
Gilberto - 6
Rosicky - 8

van Persie - 7
Henry - 8

Rob Styles - 7

Fabregas I think had the best match of his career so far - both being at the centre of the majority of our attacks, and covering for Gilberto for the majority of the first half following his red card. Absolutely outstanding. Didnt take a step wrong.

The entire back line got 8's, because I felt they were also outstanding - especially considering they didnt have the cover of Gilberto. Clichy in particular I havent seen play better. Brilliant.

Rob Styles I gave a 7...other than the one bad decision against Gilberto, he didnt get a lot wrong. He correctly played advantage when available, and also correctly stopped play when needed.

The referee does only have a split-second to judge incidences like that, they can't see the replays. He saw Gilberto kick out, and Savage did his dying duck act...if Gilberto actually had sent Savage down like that with his kick, then it should have been a red. Can't really blame the ref there.

However...the standard for red cards was then set, and at least two of Blackburns tackles were as bad, if not worse, than Gilberto's kick out would have seemed to Rob. They should therefore have also been reds, but were only yellows - thats where he lost those three marks.

Biggus

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
I cant blame Gilberto for what he did, it was silly but when you have a muppet like Savage foul you with a kick from behind, then kicks you again when you're down as well as punching the back of your head - almost anyone would react to that. Savages stupid dive afterwards didnt help much either, Gilberto hardly lashed out.

But Ice Berg you have to be smart......Look anybody that kicks Robbie Savage deserves MOTM in my book but wait till the 90th minute then...

Roy Keane said:
Take that you ****.

vantoure

i dont disagree that it was a silly thing to do, but calling him an idiot - I THINK that is too much hey the foul was needless (like someone said savage has a better chance of getting to the WC with Wales than he had of getting that ball from gilberto)

IBL

Established Member
Biggus said:
Ice Berg legend said:

But Ice Berg you have to be smart......Look anybody that kicks Robbie Savage deserves MOTM in my book but wait till the 90th minute then...

Roy Keane said:
Take that you c**t.
:lol:

True about being smart, just saying that Gilberto is human after all and liable to snap after that kind of treatment. I think most players would probably have given Savage a right-hook after receiving the same, Gileberto's reaction was still rather reserved.

Biggus

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
,Gileberto's reaction was still rather reserved.

Yeah it was just a typical little Arsenal tippy tap (like a Reyes sissy slap)....we need Diaby back. :(

chandraraj

Biggus said:
chandraraj said:

Chand.....I think there is an element of metoo ism in it.......Do you want to stick your neck out when he has an average game?
We'd bloody lynch you here. :lol: We love our Cescy boy, I nearly smashed my new LCD TV to get at that dirty bastard tugay.

Same here. I love this spaniard. btw, how many times does he have an avereage game? Tell me.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom