• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 26/08/06

hutfa

Rather dissappointed with the game. Was played at such a ridiculously stupid pace. Starting to hate those kind of games. I know we like to play quick but last night we played too quick with no quality. Just needed a cool head to hold the ball for a few seconds, think about what to do and then go. Was not that good a game in truth. I honestly think the world cup hangover is going to hurt us in the long run. Some of these guys have only had about 3 weeks off in total. Simply not enough rest. Also i know everyone loves cesc and he is an awesome player but at his age we CANNOT expect him to be playing 90mins twice a week. It will catch up to hurt both the team and him in the long run....

Lehmann did ok i guess. 6

eboue did play a bit poorly. Passing was a little off. Also when rvp passed to him on the right expecting a cross. What he did was far from a decent cross 5

toure a bit shaky but still holds it together at the back 6

Djourou 7

Hoyte dont rate him 4

Hleb did ok. Ran alot and gave some good through balls. Love his work rate. 7

cesc did ok as well. passed well but got caught in possession a bit. 6

gilberto 6

rosicky looked lively and seemed to fit in rather well. He'll do just fine 6

Rvp probably had some of our best chances. hit the bar with a good shot and almost scored with a header. Some lovely touches on the ball and i think he was right to want a penalty. Was pushed in the back. Should not have been given yelow card too. I just hope wenger keeps playing him cos we all know he has the talent. Much beter than ade. And thats that 7

Henry 5 (when the majority of us are giving him rather bad ratings you know something is wrong....)

BTW when is the last time we had a draw and a loss to start the epl season......

Gryphon

lehmann - 7 - solid and mad as usual
eboue - 6- great runs but wasted the
pass
toure - 7 nothing special good header though
djourou- - was out muscled but still recovered - 7
hoyte - N/A insert insult of choice
woefull defending, lost , sad with arial balls and outta sync

Nazzanuk

Lehmann 7

Eboue 5 - Shocking passing.
Toure 7
Djourou 6
Hoyte 4

Hleb 7
Gilberto 8.5 - As usual.
Cesc 8
Rosicky 5 - Good passing, no tracking back, Seemed weak physically.

Henry 5 - Didn't actually play badly, just wasn't clinical.
RVP 5

Walcott 7 - Energetic and best of all, direct.

Gothics

Even an idiot can tell that Hoyte is our weakest link in the team by a distance. Not just in this match but in all our previous matches this season. If a team like Man City can target him and make a fool out of Hoyte, i can't imagine what teams like Liverpool or Chelsea or Man U can do to him. If he is really played out of position like what some of you here claims, then might as well take him out. He is showing no signs of adapting to his new LB role and this could only spell trouble if he is constantly deployed there. Our poor performance this season might not be Hoyte's fault alone, but it is a fact that he is the MAIN CONTRIBUTOR of our poor display.

RC8

Established Member
enki said:
cannot agree with anyone who said we played badly. we did not. we were just wasteful with our chances despite completly dominating the match. i feel the team is a bit rusty but once we get going we be all right. it is not good to drop five point in our first two games against beatable opposition but only man utd are truly doing well. world cup syndrome maybe. we did not play like last season away where many times we went missing. fab look much more stronger and gilberto was brilliant. rosciky is similar to hleb in that he is hardworking and willing to track back. if he can develop the same partneship that hleb-eboue has with whoever is our regular left back we would have to awesome wing. henry is rusty give him time. he should have let rvp takes the freekick.

Exactly, on away games last season we did not create goal opportunities. Here, we were just wasting them, and to concede first is difficult, and even more when it's from a silly penalty, and only to have a penalty denied in your favor later, hitting the post twice, etc.

The fluid football is back, now we just need sharpness.

enki

it seemed that hoyte is the new pet peeve of some gooners now. refreshing as he is british. i personally will give him the chance to grow in the role until glichy return. but we do have back up in traore.

Jasper

Lehmann 7 - He didn't let in a goal other than the penalty. Would have gave him and 8 if he didn't whine about Dickov so much.

Eboue 5 - I don't know the point of running with the ball for 80 yards into the other team's penalty area only to pass it and cross it to one of their defenders.

Toure 8 - solid, in the second half it was hilarious when I saw him running into the 6 yard box when he saw none of our strikers were willing to shoot the damn ball.

Djourou 7- he hung in there, I thought he would mess up but he hung in there.

Hoyte 1 - He lost us the game singlehandedly by a needless foul. It was a longball pass that wasn't even close to goal. Didn't need to foul, unacceptable. His other mistakes like commiting towards a failed and falling off the pitch was hilarious.

Hleb 8 - I thought he played wonderful, his effort was second to none.

Gilberto 8 - solid 3rd CB on the field.

Cesc 8 - mixed it up with good passing, was everywhere. Our midlfield rules!

Rosicky 8 - I thought he looked really good. What a bargain buy. Looked liked a younger Pires.

Henry 5 - Was he really playing? I thought he looked more like a Drogba or Cisse. He sucked and he knows it. Has no one to blame but himself. Can't blame the lost on his teamamtes this time. Its what happens when he doesn't play a single pre-season game.

RVP 7 - Not bad, he would be awesome if he could just calm down and concentrate just a bit more.

Walcott 7 - I like this kid, he gives us more energy during the later parts of the game. Runsa round everywhere and isn't scared to mix it up.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Lehmann 7 - average
Eboue 6 - tried his best
Toure 8 - Saved our ars*s
Djorou 7 - Cool and steady
Hoyte 3 - Argh!!!
Hleb 6 - Didn't notice him that much
Gilberto 6 - Average
Fabregas 8 - Did well, tried his best to create something
Rosicky 6 - Didn't do much. I expected more but, oh well it's his first prem match
RVP 7 - Luck wasn't on his side
Henry 5 - I thought it was 10 against 11. Where was the guy?
Walcott 6 - Looked energetic and gave hope to the team and the fans.

trisoman

enki said:
cannot agree with anyone who said we played badly. we did not. we were just wasteful with our chances despite completly dominating the match. i feel the team is a bit rusty but once we get going we be all right. it is not good to drop five point in our first two games against beatable opposition but only man utd are truly doing well. world cup syndrome maybe. we did not play like last season away where many times we went missing. fab look much more stronger and gilberto was brilliant. rosciky is similar to hleb in that he is hardworking and willing to track back. if he can develop the same partneship that hleb-eboue has with whoever is our regular left back we would have to awesome wing. henry is rusty give him time. he should have let rvp takes the freekick.

After having hours to cool down... I think we could've shot more rather than trying to wait for the City defence to open and let them roll the red carpet out. I agree, we were wasteful rather than useless, BUT nonetheless, we should really try to shoot and win rather than dance and lose.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Lehmann 6
Eboue 5
Toure 7
Djourou 7
Hoyte 3
Hleb 6
Gilberto7
Cesc 6
Rosicky 6
Henry 5
RVP 7

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
enki said:
it seemed that hoyte is the new pet peeve of some gooners now. refreshing as he is british. i personally will give him the chance to grow in the role until glichy return. but we do have back up in traore.
True and I hope we use him Hoyte is just not good enough.

Mr Wolf

We all agree about the poor performance of Thierry and Hoyte. What I don't understand is the high marks that someone gave to Rosicky. What did he do? Nothing! I think that he is a good player and will demonstrate to be a great signing, but for the moment is still far from being another Pires.....

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Re: Man city - Arsenal, player ratings

kel varnsen said:
lehmann - 7
very solid, apart from one mistimed corner.

eboue - 5
needs to improve his final ball.

toure - 7
a bit sloppy in the first half, tremendous effort and heart in the 2nd. stood up and tried to get the team going.

djorou - 7
solid.

hoyte - 3
very poor performance and gives away a horrible penalty. caught out of position a number of times and doesn't contribute anything to the team going forward. clueless.

hleb - 8 MOM
i was stunned when wenger brought him off. sure, he gave the ball away a few times, but he was the engine and mind of the team today. he was the one who was able to create something going forward. he sent henry and van persie clean through a number of times and wasn't afraid to have a go at defenders. made things happen.

cesc - 6,5
a rather poor first half, in which the passing was unusually sloppy. a much better second half, but held on to the ball a bit too long.

gilberto - 7,5
a very solid performance. strong, covered lots of space and worked very hard throughout the entire match.

rosicky - 7,5
a very good game. good movement off the ball, good passing, made some nice runs, hussled the villa defenders and, like hleb, made things happen for us in the final third. surprised he was substituted.

rvp - 7
a good first half and started off well in the 2nd half too, but kind of drifted out of the match as he was pushed out on the right wing. unlucky not to score.

henry - 5
poor, indeed. missed 3 sitters. held on to the ball too long. wasted a few set pieces from dangerous positions. just down right rusty.

walcott - 6,5
lively. not afraid to have a go at the defenders and tried to make things happen.

I agree with most but an 8 for Hleb? He spent too much time in the middle for my liking and stepped on Cesc's domain IMO. Because of that Eboue couldn't get forward as we are used to.

Walcott yet another stunning game, he looks streong aswell as pace and tricky. He even dared to shoot!.

Rosicky, got how to play with Henry nicely and letting Henry drift to the left. Looks abit weak but waht does that matter when they can't catch him. So comfortable with the ball. But it is sad that he has been here for such a short time but he has got infected with the "don't shoot" disease.

Gilbewrto and Cesc did their job and cesc made some great runds forward.

Kolo and Djouro were immense, it acctually looks like a better partnership then Kolo Phil, the best thing is that a Djouro and Phil partnership will work fine aswell. Kolo showed attitude and he should wear the armband IMO.

RVP looked dangerous and very active and was unlucky not to score.

Jens, last season gave me so much trust for him and he has yet to let me down. Did waht he should without any problems today.

Hoyte so frekkin onefooted it is ridiculus, he is a professional and shoulkd be able to make a inside pass, if only for a few feet with his left ffs.

And henry looks like he lsot his pace and tries to play like ronnie dribbling from a stand still. and again he looks unintrested and *****y when other doesn't play the balls like HE wants it. HAndled the RVP card well thou nad has later supported him in the press that gives me hope

Shahram

Hoyte - N.A how do i give a rating for this guy? forget it, his ratings from the first game 5 dropped till almost nothing. i can foresee the future of a negative rating for him if he continues like this.

Its not right to blame him like this. He's very young and inexperienced. Comments from people like you are only gonna make him more nervous when he plays and he'll f* up more.

Football is a team sport, and although i did not see this match, we cannot blame Hoyte like this, our team is playing crap.

Y2k10000

Flamboyance said:
Y2k10000 said:
It's frightening to think that we only need a not-fully-match-fit Thierry to go sooo badly out of form.

What were you expecting given the state of our squad.

Oh, i was expecting a 1-0 AT THE VERY LEAST.

But, then again, i expect that from every match...

Fredrock

RC8 said:
>YounGunner< said:
lehmann - 7
Never had much to do but when he was called upon he was solid.

eboue - 6
First half he did very well attacking but got tired in the 2nd half. He never got his final ball right today

toure - 7
He has soo much heart and won everthing. What would we do without him?

Djorou - 7
How composed is this guy? One of the best young defenders and he looks like a young Rio Ferdinand.

Hoyte - 3
Offers us nothing going forward and has the vision of a bat. Gets beaten way too often and his big mistake to give away the pen cost us alot.

hleb - 8
Looked extremely sharp . He took on players and his movement was great.

cesc - 6,5
Poor first half but a much better 2nd. His pace surprised me he drove forward really well and created alot of chances.

gilberto - 7
Solid he won alot in the middle and covered out full backs well at times. His positioning was fantastic and made alot of important interception

rosicky - 7
Good movement and linked up very well, he did fantastic for a premiership debut i see alot more coming from him.

RvP - 7
Never lost the ball once. His link up play was awesome and he made some fantastic runs. He hit the ball well with his first chance and was unlucky not to score today. He will certainly keep his place.

henry - 5
Rusty and needs to regain his match fitness.

walcott - 6,5
A confidant player. Was not scared to take on players and he nearly made a chance for us. His control when running with the ball was Henry-like. He also shoots which is what we need. He should be given a start i can see him scoring goals.

Agree apart from that I would give Gilberto an 8. He was my MOTM.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom