• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 8,5
pretty much won us the game with that fantastic save at the end there. solid throughout as well, even though he got a unnecessary yellow early on.

eboue - 6,5
caught ball watching once and ronaldo was able to get the ball under control and take a shot inside the box. luckily, lehmann made a nice save with his face. other than that, he played well.

toure - 7
a solid match. struggled at times in the air against saha, but nothing serious.

djourou - 6
hesitated a number of times and let saha and rooney bully him around a few times. decent performance.

gallas - 6
fairly quiet match. decent defensively, but didn't really offer anything going forward.

hleb - 6
average. worked hard, had a few nice touches, but gave the ball away as well a few times.

rosicky - 7
a good match, but went quiet a bit at times in the 2nd half.

cesc - 5
a down right horrible first half. better in the 2nd half and a terrific assist to ade's goal, but overall a disappointing performance from the spaniard.

gilberto - 6
battled in midfield, but gave the ball away a few times. would have wanted him to stay a bit more cool and composed and not just hoof the ball away all the time.

freddie - 5,5
worked hard and made some nice runs, but i guess 'ineffective' sums up his performance today.

ade - 8
played very well and scored a good goal. held up the ball nicely, worked hard and linked up with the rest of the team very well. however, made the wrong decision a few times and wasted a few good chances as a consequence.

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann 8 - World class save, it's all there is to say really.

Eboue 6.5 - Made some great charges forward but obviously had to limit them. Space in behind him quite often though..

Djourou 7 - Best game so far this season

Toure 8 - Amazing performance

Gallas 7 - Didn't get forward much but was solid defensively.

Gilberto 6 - Did his job but gave the ball away alot in the second half when we needed to keep it.

Hleb 7 - Thought he was really good. Kept the ball incredibly well and worked hard.

Fabregas 7 - Setup the goal wonderful and played the game at his pace. Amazing the way he controls games at his age.

Rosicky 7 - World class touches all over the pitch today. He is going to be massive for us this season

Freddie 6 - I feel Ljungberg is going to get a lot of stick, and while he wasn't great he battled hard and was good in the first half. Looked tired in the second.

Adebayor 9 - Got the goal and that is all that matters to me. Mixed bag up until that point.. some great bits of play and some poor ones too.

Ricky_AFC

Lehmann- 9 -
Beautiful save and the one with his face, brilliant work to make himself big.

Eboue- 8 -
Ronaldo got nothing out of him. Tackled hard and bombed forward.

Toure- 8 - solid as ever. Dominant display.

Djourou- 7 - Good performance from a young player thrown into such a game. A few bad early passes but generally very good.

Gallas- 8 - His experience has added so much to our defence, gave nothing to their wingers. Love it the way he weent over to our fans at the end.

Gilberto - 7.5 - Allowed the rest to play the great football and was very solid in there. Another great performance, brilliant start to the season from him.

Fabregas- 9 - Excellent assist. Spraying the passes to keep us ticking, very slick and mature performance. OWNED that midfield.

Rosicky- 8.5 - Looks fantastic already. Got in great positions to shooot and was immensely creative with a great range of passes. I predict him to b Henrys favourite player by the end of the season.

Hleb- 7 - Worked so so hard. Held up the ball and calmed things down for us. Kept possession well today.

Freddie- 7 - Another hard worker. Retained possession and was intelligent with his running.

Adebayor- 8.5 - Made very good runs for the like of Fab and Rosicky to play the passes. Didn't give the Utd defence any piece. Thoroughly deserved the goal. Been saying for a while that I've started to like him, i do even more now.

Baptista- 7 - Good running with and without the ball. He will score some important goals this season.

stuart

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Lehmann 8 - World class save, it's all there is to say really.

Eboue 6.5 - Made some great charges forward but obviously had to limit them. Space in behind him quite often though..

Djourou 7 - Best game so far this season

Toure 8 - Amazing performance

Gallas 7 - Didn't get forward much but was solid defensively.

Gilberto 6 - Did his job but gave the ball away alot in the second half when we needed to keep it.

Hleb 7 - Thought he was really good. Kept the ball incredibly well and worked hard.

Fabregas 7 - Setup the goal wonderful and played the game at his pace. Amazing the way he swoons through games at his age.

Rosicky 7 - World class touches all over the pitch today. He is going to be massive for us this season

Freddie 6 - I feel Ljungberg is going to get a lot of stick, and while he wasn't great he battled hard and was good in the first half. Looked tired in the second.

Adebayor 9 - Got the goal and that is all that matters to me. Mixed bag up until that point.. some great bits of play and some poor ones too.

i agree totaly with you apart from rosicky id give him an 8! freddi works his ass off for the team and did a good job

RammiXP

Lehmann-8- Played superb today and showed that he is still very much a world class goalkeeper. He saved us on two occasions and he was very impressive.

Eboue-6- Solid performance, good defensivley but nothing of any real importance (simply put he did his job)

Toure-7.5- I though the guy was tariffic today had a few scary moments but over all he played his heart out and through pain for us today, a true warrior.

Djourou-6- Same as eboue really did his job a few surging runs forward but also a bit shakey at times.

Gallas-6- Gallas brings a fight to our team which is evident but going on actual football performance, he did the job defensivly but offered nothing going forward and did not tick with freddie.

Gilberto-6- Did his job well and was once again a great captain, i would have given him a 7 but for the missed penalty.

Helb-7- Worked like a machine linked well and tracked back, everything you would want from a hard working midfileder, he let others be the creative spark today and i felt it gave the team more balance.

Freddie-6.5- Freddie, you can see is trying and is one of the few players who looks good running at player with the ball at his feet, but he lacks he killer instinct he used to have in the final third, if he could get that together he could be immense for us again.

Cesc-7.5- I would have given cesc an 8 but i felt that apart from his excellent assist at time he got a bit complacenet and some passes were lazy and not done with true commitment. otherwise another brilliant perfromance.

Rosicky-9- MoTM, The guy was all over the place today feeding balls, taking shots, tackling, working hard the compete midfielder, in my opinion the difference bettween the 2 sides and even though he was not involved directly with the goal, he was our most threating player all game.

Ade-8.5- Best performance in an Arsenal shirt so far and at last we can all be proud of him. the guy works so hard and its obvious he really wants to succed not just for himself but for us also. I like the guy and hope he can buiild from here.

Subs

Beast-6- Some good burts forward and looks like he can be a threat for us in the future. Otherwise not much else to say

Flamini-6- got forward and did his job for 10 mins. not much else to say.

Army of Me

Established Member
Lehmann - 7
Quiet, made a class save to keep it 1-0.

Eboue - 7
Did well up and down flanks.

Toure - 7
Solid at the back, struck a mighty shot just wide.

Djourou - 7
Did well, always looked to play the ball forward rather than hoofing it.

Gallas - 6
Not great, but solid enough. Could've done better on occasions.

Hleb - 8
Thought he was ace, really looked up for the game battling in midfield.

Fabregas - 8
Despite giving the ball away a few times still bossed the midfield like a veteran.

Gilberto - 9
Was prolific at breaking up attacks and generally frustrated the hell out of Man Utd. MotM.

Rosicky - 8
Superb in that position, he really is wasted on the wings.

Ljungberg - 7
Generally quiet, but made a few good runs towards goal.

Adebayor - 8
First touch let him down at the beginning but he grew as the game went on and took his goal well.

Baptista - 6
Didn't look sharp enough and still almost scored.

Flamini - 6
Did well when we were under pressure.

Jameel46

Established Member
Lehmann -- 8
did very well, made a magnificent save at the end of both halves

Toure -- 8
once agian gave everything

Djourou -- 7
our 4th choice defender, only 19, solid performance

Gallas -- 7
considering he's really a CB he did very well and another solid performance

Eboue -- 7
did well, some shaky moments, but overall did what we expected of him

Ljungberg -- 6
didn't have a great game but didn't do alot wrong, played well with Gallas on the left.

Gilberto -- 7
missed the penalty but kept his head high and did his job well

Fabregas -- 8
was everywhere and got a good assist

Hleb -- 8
tireless performance

Rosicky -- 8
brilliant in the first half, but was single out as the danger by man utd in the 2nd half

Adebayor -- 8
what can i say but, GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLL

Baptista -- 7
did okay, nearly got a goal

Flamini -- 6
late substitue, didn't have much to do

all in all i'd say Rosicky edged it as my Man Of The Match

Dreath

Lehmann- 8.5/10 Wrongly booked, supurb all game great saves and great from crosses. Just still too mad.
Eboué- 7.5/10 Kept Ronaldo quiet for most of the game one or two dodgy moments though.
Touré- 7.5/10- Him and Djourou kept Saha and Rooney very very quiet
Djourou- 8/10- Impressive performance against two dangerous players
Gallas- 8.5/10- Brilliant in defense and solid when attacking
Gilberto- 7.5/10- Broke the game up well, unfortunate with the penalty
Fabregas- 9.5/10- I'm running out of superlatives
Rosicky- 9/10- Phenominal. Great passing, great volley, and put his foot in.
Hleb- 7.5- Decent, could be better
Ljungberg- 7/10- Ran his feet into the ground but little product.
Adebayor- 8/10- Ran his heart out and got a just reward.

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 9 - That save at the end was out of this world and he was excellent before that. If you look up big game player in the dictionary you'll find a big picture of Jens next to it.

Eboue 7 - Misjugded one cross but otherwise very solid and always a threat going forward.

Toure 8 - Inspirational performance. Thought he was going to limp off but he hung in there.

Djourou 7 - Got very physical and I like that a lot. Caught out of position a few times but otherwise very promising.

Gallas 6 - Solid game, didn't do much going forward.

Hleb 7 - Won a lot of balls in midfield, made himself available and passed well. Another typical Hleb performance.

Cesc 6 - Set up the goal but otherwise not good. Gave it away a number of times in very dangerous situations. Needs a rest as he and Djourou are the only ones who have played 90 minutes in every game this season.

Rosicky 7 - A threat in the first half but disappeared in the second. Still, kept the ball very well.

Gilberto 7 - Good game from him. Shame he missed the pen, but he was going to miss one sooner or later because he isn't a natural penalty taker.

Ljungberg 6 - Offered very little apart from his work rate, but that was still important for us. The good thing about Freddie is that even when he isn't playing well he won't give the ball away and will always get stuck in.

Adebayor 9 MotM - Great game from him, I said this before the goal, then he went on and scored. Excellent running, held the ball up well and to my astonishment beat several defender with pace and skill. Very encouraging, let's hope he can keep it up.

liridon

Lehmann 8 :perfect save

Eboue 8
Djourou 7
Toure 8
Gallas 8

Hleb 9
Rosicky 9 : running too much
Gilberto 7
Cesc 9.5 : i think he was great.
Ljungberg 7

Ade 7.5 : he scored but also he missed too much.

ashwin_eats

Lehmann - 9 what a save...

kolo - 8.5 solid really solid.

djourou - 8 good game. and his best game.

eboue - 8 brilliant.

Gallas - 8.5 made flecther look invisible the whole game.

gilberto - 7.5 played really well and should have converted that penalty

hleb - 7 average game.

ljunberg - 7.5 worked his ass of for us.

rosicky - 7.5 played really well.. good through balls and good shooting..

cesc - 9 what a player.. and what a ball..

adebayor - 8.5 played well but we missed henry's pace and finishing abilities today..

over all the team played really well and had total control of the game... towards the end ferguson commented saying that his players were tired, bloody hell our players flew to germany and they freakin played at home and he says that his players were tired doing what... taking a ****..

Lehmann: MOM, kept us in the game

eboue:7.5 Good attacking prowess but he needs to improve his defending and positional sense. Let ronaldo in and allowed him to shoot at lehmann's face.

toure: 8.good match. no scares.

Dujurou:7. kept up well with toure but needs to keep the ball sometimes instead of simply lashing it under threat.

gallas.7 alright but nothing extraordinary

helb: 6 harried well and worked hard. But gave the ball sometimes. Did'nt go wide as usual.

cesc: 6 piss poor game in the first half. But credit a wonderful assist.

rosicky: 8 I love this guy. he is good. But he just needs to weigh up his options before he shoots.

gilberto: 6. ok in patches but missed a penalthy and gave the ball numerous times. He also slows down arsenal's counter attacking tempo

freddie 7 Good game but needs to pass properly in the final 3rd

ade: 9. wonderful throughout. He ran and ran at the defenders. Left the man u defenders for dead. Needs good passing from midfield.

Needs to cut on the flicks and not be wasteful in front of goals.

dvandyke

Lehmann - 9 - Very good game and a great save at the end.
Eboue - 7 - Good going forward but almost caught out with slack marking from a cross.
Gallas - 7 - Top defending but not so hot going forward.
Toure - 8 - Top defending from a true leader, give King Kolo the armband now.
Djourou - 8 - His partnership with Kolo show Rooney up for the fat overrated donkey he is.
Gilberto - 7 - Did his defensive work very well but passes went astray again.
Hleb - 7 - Worked very hard and did not give the ball away as often as he normally does.
Rosicky - 8 - Very good all-round, great passing and running and not scared to have a shot from range.
Fabregas - 8 - Not intimidated or out muscled at all. We know he can pass but looks to be up for the fight too.
Ljungberg - 6 - Was he playing?
Adebayor - 8 - Worked his bollocks off again and got the goal. People forget he is only 21 and will get better with time and this goal should bring him the confidence he has been lacking.

otfgoon

Established Member
Lehmann - Great performance, great match winning save towards the end. And loved his tantrum as well :D. 8

Eboue - really good defensively and provided support up front. 8

Toure - good, solid performance. 7

Djourou - was absolutely superb, fancied him self on the ball a little to much at times though. 8.5

Gallas - Solid again. 7

Hleb - Brilliant, didnt provide the side much width but didnt need it today. Passing was flawless and carried the ball well. 8

Cesc - No need to say anything. 9.5

Gilberto - Looked a little shaky on the ball but solid as a rock defensively. 7

Rosicky - few great tackles, great on the ball as always. Always feel like something is going to happen with him on the ball. 8

Freddy - Looking more like his old self. Made several runs into the box, if he just gets back him killer instinct he'd be right back to him best. 7.5

Ade - His work rate was brilliant and played out the lone striker role really well. Was a mennace the whole game. 9

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom