• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player ratings vs Blackpool

Man of the Match?

• Theo Walcott

Votes: 81 77.9%
  • Tomas Rosicky

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Andrei Arshavin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marouane Chamakh

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gonner_88

Established Member
Everyone 10/10 from me. We hardly made any errors and everyone deserves a pat on the back.

Hopefully we can carry this form till the end of the season :)

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Theo MotM, cant deny him that, although Rosicky would be 2nd option.

Almunia - n/a Had nothing to do
Sagna - 7
Clichy - 7
Song - 7
Vermaelen - 7
Wilshere - 7
Diaby - 7
Rosicky - 8.5
Arshavin - 7.5
Walcott - 10
Chamakh - 7 Worked hard, missed some but got one as a reward.

Fabregas - 6
Van Persie - 6
Vela - 6

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Almunia - n/a
Sagna - 8
Clichy - 8
Song - 7
Vermaelen - 7
Wilshere - 7
Diaby - 7
Rosicky - 9
Arshavin - 8
Walcott - 10
Chamakh - 7

Fabregas - 6
Van Persie - 6
Vela - 6

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia - 6 - Nothing to do.

Sagna - 8 - Positive performance from him at both ends.
Song - 7 - Flat footed and slightly sluggish, presumably due to lack of fitness, but did well enough
Vermaelen - 7 - Took initiative in defence. Beast.
Clichy - 6

Diaby - 6 - Great goal but his overall performance was sub-standard, I thought. Pass the ball quicker Abou!
Rosicky - 9 - Joint MOTM in my mind. Outstanding performance from him. Granted, Blackpool were rubbish but his weight of pass and movement was great to watch
Wilshere - 6 - Did enough

Arshavin - 7 - Looked bothered. Did really well in the first half but faded in the second.
Walcott - 9 - Unplayable today. His only weakness is himself, really.
Chamakh - 6.5 - Terrible misses but his general performance was quite encouraging I thought.

Subs: N/A

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Hmm. The thread cut off my post for some reason.

Almunia: 6 - Nothing to do all day, but he looked okay.
Sagna: 8 - Good allround game. Had a great run across the whole field to close down a Blackpool player in the second half.
Song: 7 - Looked very comfortable on the ball.
Vermaelen: 7 - Same as Song. Seems to thrive in his new role as the most experienced centreback on the field.
Clichy: 6 - Good defensive display today. Was so-so in the attacking end again.
Diaby: 7 - Built on his good game against Liverpool. Seems more comfortable to play from deep this season.
Wilshere: 7 - Grew more comfortable as the game went along. Had some very clever moves.
Rosicky: 9 - Looked like the Rosicky from two and a half years ago. Intelligent, clever, hard-working.
Walcott: 9 - Brilliant display, brilliant hattrick. Showed the people who claims that he's just a sprinter how wrong they are.
Chamakh: 7 - I thought he lead the line wonderfully today. Some heavy touches and a bad finish stopped him from adding a goal or two to his tally. Neat header though.
Arshavin: 7 - One assist and one goal. Looked inconsistent in-between but he had several bright moments before he went off. I hope he gets back to fitness soon.

The Sleeper

Almunia 6 - always a threat (to us, lol). Had nothing to do all game.

Sagna 8 - one of his better attacking performances in some time.

Clichy 7 - very decent today.

Song 7 - solid.

Vermaelen 7 - solid.

Diaby 7 - good goal, rest of his performance not great.

Wilshere 7 - put in a great shift, some things didn't come off for him.

Rosicky 9 - my man of the match, the conductor for the one-touch link-ups, the man ably starting the counter-attacks, moving intelligently all the time. Didn't put a foot wrong today.

Walcott 9 - superb from him. Deserved hat-trick.

Chamakh 7 - Needs to have more conviction when shooting with feet. Missed a few sitters. Nice header for our 6th goal. Worked hard.

Arshavin 7 - glimpses of what he's capable of. Perhaps shamed into bucking up, by Theo's and Tomas' performance.

dreamLord

Established Member
Almunia MOTM. Looks like he has turned around the corner.

But yeah, credit to Walcott, didn't think he had it in him. His left footed finish was sweet. Do it against the big teams as well Theo.

nazo

Established Member
Almunia - nothing to do
Sagna - 8
Clichy - 7
Song - 8
Vermaelen - 7
Wilshere - 7
Diaby - 7
Rosicky - 8.5
Arshavin - 7
Walcott - 9
Chamakh - 7

Fabregas - 6
Van Persie - 6
Vela - 6

Almunia: 6 - Solid early on. Nothing to do later.
Sagna: 8 - Solid performance. Best defender today. Who knew he was that quick.
Song: 7 - Looked like a midfield at CB early on with positioning but solid.
Vermaelen: 7 - Has the ****-sure mentality of a Premier league team of the year defender.
Clichy: 6 - Not much to do. Quick going forward and a good outlet. Wild shot!
Diaby: 7 - Diaby's capability of turning something into nothing with a twist or turn is remarkable. Showed that today.
Wilshere: 6 - Looked dodgy on the ball. Didn't do much.
Rosicky: 10 - Ability with outside of the boot is so valuable in central midfield - can play the ball anywhere he wants and this makes him hard to defend against.
Walcott: 9 - Henry anyone?
Chamakh: 6 - Difficult to come into an Arsenal team on a day like this. Looked like the poor relation today but good movement and will get better.
Arshavin: 7 - Lovely assist - unstoppable penalty. Good performance for an out of form player. Should have had 90 minutes as a springboard to form.

yakso

Theo was fantastic. That was an almost perfect performance from him. Never thought he had it him to do it.

Today everyone was great. Goal aside Diaby did make me pull my hair a few time. Please pass the ball sooner !

giuliob

Al - 6 Very little to do
Sagna - 8 Pacy little bugger combined with another workmanlike performance
Song - 7.5 Did everything he was asked to do and did it well
TV - 7 Solid
Clichy - 7
Diaby -7 Still holds onto the ball too long
Wilshere - 7 Another player who did what was asked of him
Roz - 8 What a pleasure to watch one touch passig football. Thanks, Tom
AA - 7 Slow out of the gate but became more effective as the game progressed
Theo - 9.5 Outstanding play; the platform to build on
Chamakh - 7 Seems a step slow as he learns the ropes of the PL; Will just get better

Cesc - 7
RVP - 7
Vela - 7.5

MAK 14

Established Member
Almunia - 6 - Good performance. Had nothing to do though.

Sagna - 8 - Very good offensive display from him.
Song - 7 - Can tell he lacks fitness but he did what was needed of him today.
Vermaelen - 7.5 - Solid. Typical Vermaelen display.
Clichy - 6 - Decent attacking performance. Good defensively.

Diaby - 6 - He was really slow on the ball at times and often played it into the wrong areas. Clinical goal though, great finish.
Rosicky - 9 - Great performance. Bossed the midfield.
Wilshere - 6 - Few poor touches, did okay though.

Arshavin - 7 - Seems to be motivated again. Very good performance.
Walcott - 9.5 - Fantastic display. Possibly the best of his professional career.
Chamakh - 6.5 - Worked his socks off. Glad he scored in the end - he would have been very demoralised if he didn't.

Subs:

Cesc - 6
van Persie - 6
Vela - 6.5

Anzac

Established Member
MAK 14 said:
Almunia - 6 - Good performance. Had nothing to do though.

Sagna - 8 - Very good offensive display from him.
Song - 7 - Can tell he lacks fitness but he did what was needed of him today.
Vermaelen - 7.5 - Solid. Typical Vermaelen display.
Clichy - 6 - Decent attacking performance. Good defensively.

Diaby - 6 - He was really slow on the ball at times and often played it into the wrong areas. Clinical goal though, great finish.
Rosicky - 9 - Great performance. Bossed the midfield.
Wilshere - 6 - Few poor touches, did okay though.

Arshavin - 7 - Seems to be motivated again. Very good performance.
Walcott - 9.5 - Fantastic display. Possibly the best of his professional career.
Chamakh - 6.5 - Worked his socks off. Glad he scored in the end - he would have been very demoralised if he didn't.

Subs:

Cesc - 6
van Persie - 6
Vela - 6.5

Give Rosicky a 10 & this for me.
IMO Rosicky's ability to move the ball quickly is what we've missed going forward & was crucial to open the space for Theo. Chamakh's one touch passing with Rosicky & AA was also a joy.

brady_style

The Clown - 7 - Had nothing to do think but of Shay Given and Arsène holding hands and skipping down by the thames consequently he began to feel sorry for himself. At one point I saw a tear in his eye.

Sagna 7 - Great Energy. Passing and crossing not of the very highest order.

TV 7

Song 7

Diaby 7 - Great at times. Too many touches at other times. He needs to learn that to be a top midfielder means picking out the best pass as soon as possible ala Rosicky.

Rosicky 9 Magnificent. His performance today showed us what we have been missing of late. He constantly put the ball into space or down channels where he knew we had runners coming on to it. His performance showed us just how limited the likes of Denny and Diaby are in the middle of the par.

Wilshere 7 Quality. Made some great runs into the box. It's very rare to see a lad of his age in the middle of the park for a top side. He's going to be out of this world.

Theo 9.5 Pure Quality.

Arshavin 8. Great stuff from the little lover of Wonka Bars. He obviously had been promised a free slurp from the chocolate river by Willy Wenger and he played with passion and verve today. Lovely one touch stuff with Rosicky.

Chamaqk 7 His leap in the air was out of this world. Will be something else in 4 months times when he beefs us a bit.

subs 6 each. Special mention to Vela for that run.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom