• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players On Loan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Lucas Perez got an assist today and helped Depor secure a point against fellow red lanterns Las Palmas.
Saw they are playing him wide now as well! Some fall from grace & very close to relegation.

Sven has his work cut out shifting him this summer.

nick gould

Ben Sheaf was on the bench for Stevenage. Most fans think he should be in the championship and some think he should be enjoying more game time at Arsenal. Are we not overrating our academy players I wonder. At least Maitland was a starter at a championship side at 18. Zalaelam was a regular at the Scottish championship at 19. I know that Wenger uses the loan system to gauge the player’s levels of commitment and then give them some game time at Arsenal.

In the previous years players like song, Jack Wilshere easily nailed starting spots at lower teams and were rewarded at Arsenal. Coquelin on the other hand struggled and was destined for the junk folder until his recall from charlton.

Ben Sheaf was on the bench for Stevenage. Most fans think he should be in the championship and some think he should be enjoying more game time at Arsenal. Are we not overrating our academy players I wonder. At least Maitland was a starter at a championship side at 18. Zalaelam was a regular at the Scottish championship at 19. I know that Wenger uses the loan system to gauge the player’s levels of commitment and then give them some game time at Arsenal.

In the previous years players like song, Jack Wilshere easily nailed starting spots at lower teams and were rewarded at Arsenal. Coquelin on the other hand struggled and was destined for the junk folder until his recall from charlton.

Ben Sheaf has been starting a few games for them after coming back from injury. Makes perfect sense to rotate him in this game for whatever reasons. Funny the first thing you thing is that he is not good enough though.

Sure we may be overrating him but he is still one of the best technical talent we have at the academy compared to others, and can play multiple positions up to decent standard. This are his first games as professional and he is playing in division and at team that he shouldn't feel comfortable at because it is nothing like to play for Arsenal.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I`ve been reading through a Stevenage forum and they did not seem to be very impressed by him
Thus is the issue with loans sometimes regardless of the level. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. It does not help that he has had such little competitive first team football at 19/20 aswell. It was probably not a bad shout to start with a League One loan. A problem that might be reoccurring with our young academy players. I think some of them need first team football a little bit earlier.

Thus is the issue with loans sometimes regardless of the level. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. It does not help that he has had such little competitive first team football at 19/20 aswell. It was probably not a bad shout to start with a League One loan. A problem that might be reoccurring with our young academy players. I think some of them need first team football a little bit earlier.

He only played 3-4 games so far. This loan specially because it is **** team in **** league was never about him going on loan doing some roses and building castles. Its all about just getting competitive minutes.

Just cant judge a player dropping so many levels so late into the season on loan. Hopefully he get a full loan at higher level next season because nobody is gonna tell me he isnt capable.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I`ve been reading through a Stevenage forum and they did not seem to be very impressed by him

New manager at Charlton means that Mavididi may not get a look in. New manager at Stevenage benches Sheaf for his first game and Amos who will also not be at the club next season. I don't see the point to sending players out on loan in January unless they are abroad. Sheaf would have faired better in France.

As a player he has all the tools to be a holding midfielder. The Jeff seems to be playing well also.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mavididi returned from his hamstring injury today. Came off the bench during a Charlton victory.

How good is he? Nketiah is getting the attention at the moment but injuries aside I can't help but think that Mavididi has a better chance of making it.

Preston became reliant on him to the point he got injured. He scored at Charlton and will probably start scoring again when he returns to the starting line up. He seems to have genuine pace and power as well as link up play. Add to that he is able to beat players 1v1. He seems to be flying under the radar due to his injuries, but has more talent than Akpom ever had and seems to have much more physical potential than Nketiah does.

Aevi

Hale End FC
How good is he? Nketiah is getting the attention at the moment but injuries aside I can't help but think that Mavididi has a better chance of making it.

Preston became reliant on him to the point he got injured. He scored at Charlton and will probably start scoring again when he returns to the starting line up. He seems to have genuine pace and power as well as link up play. Add to that he is able to beat players 1v1. He seems to be flying under the radar due to his injuries, but has more talent than Akpom ever had and seems to have much more physical potential than Nketiah does.
I'm a fan of Mavididi's, I think he has some very interesting qualities and has some good potential as a CF. But that part sadly isn't true, Mavi wasn't much more than a bench player for Preston, he only made 2 starts and the rest was just sub appearances.

It's not the end of the world though, he's still a massive player for Charlton and I'm intrigued to see how he'll do with us in preseason (provided he doesn't get injured).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Preston bit might be a typo - Charlton were the ones reliant on him.

Mavididi is a survivor IMO, Nketiah and Malen were more heralded due to looking more like natural goalscorers yet Mavididi was putting in MOTM performances around the same time and scoring clutch goals at the same level.

It is difficult to say if he's more of a dead cert than Nketiah. Nketiah is no slouch physically, much stronger and quicker than most realize and now has the all-round game in his locker. What may stand Mavididi in good stead is his attitude and that bit of magic he has now in his dribbling.

nick gould

Ben Sheaf played for a full 90 minutes as Stevenage beat Barnet 4 - 1. That’s two consecutive starts albeit at a lower league. Let’s see if he makes the big jump to a bottom half premier league team or a foreign league top tier team.

Found this rating of Ben Sheaf against Barnet:

Ben Sheaf: 6.5 – Guilty of playing ambitious crossfield passes when he should really have kept it simple. Will be better for the experience of playing against battle hardened League Two players.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Sheaf seems to be back in the starting line-up. Even though it`s only League 2 and he doesn`t seem to be setting the world alight I think this loan will serve him well.

Wizzard

Nice pre-assist by Jeff against Strasbourg. The goal was scored by Toko Ekambi once again. His 17th of the season, for a club that is fighting to stay in the league. Really starting to like Angers. They should be what Vitesse is for Chelsea.

Ben Sheaf played 82 minutes against Newsport county. Stevenage FC won the game 0-1. I found this from some who gives ratings on a blog.

Ben Sheaf: 7 - The Arsenal loanee was subject to a few agricultural challenges early on at a passionate Rodney Parade. Performed a number of vital blocks and is learning so much from playing against seasoned pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom