• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players paying for losing a game?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Le Titi said:
Interesting read regarding Dynamo Kiev:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13775725.stm

Not sure about anyone else but I've never heard of this method :lol:

What's everyone's opinion on it? Controversial, but you would have to say it'd work to a certain extent.

It's an extreme version of performance related pay.

Personally, I think it's a good idea. We can then pay our players per win rather than per week and even if they aren't committed to the club, they'll run their socks off to get paid!

Arsegum

How about the manager? Isn't he largely responsible for the tactics and team selection?

Now imagine Wenger had to pay along with the players everytime we lose, now we might see some change in the tactics!

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sounds like a sure way to make sure no decent player would want to sign for us again.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
1macca1 said:
Sounds like a sure way to make sure no decent player would want to sign for us again.

Personally, I'd take the opposite view. If I knew the entire team only get paid if we win, I'd know that they'd be doing everything they could to win. No lazy players = higher success rate.

Rorz

Established Member
But many top players would probably prefer to go to a club where they are paid thousands every week regardless of whether they win or lose. The whole team being paid depends on every single player doing their bit. Imagine how annoyed you would be if you didn't get paid because Almunia let the ball slip through his fingers!

Spork

Established Member
Rorz said:
But many top players would probably prefer to go to a club where they are paid thousands every week regardless of whether they win or lose. The whole team being paid depends on every single player doing their bit. Imagine how annoyed you would be if you didn't get paid because Almunia let the ball slip through his fingers!

If the rest of the team were good enough then we would've been up by more than one goal when all of these things happened, or we would have come back from being down one to win the games.

mo50

Established Member
They'd have to offer the players massive wages to make up for when they lose a game, because it will inevitably happen. Its a really stupid concept. Something better would be to offer them a more lucrative bonus if they win/score/not concede.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
When you're in the top bracket of a professional sports that is as popular as football, money shouldn't be something that should motivate you to perform on a day to day basis.

Obviously, you'd want a big pay packet and that may turn your head. But, no player scores goals or tries to win matches to earn a bit of money more. It is ridiculous to want to motivate our players in that manner.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom