• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players running out of contract 2018

Emmanueleboue2

Well we can soon negoiate for players running out of contracts Few very interesting bites there we should be in for.

Lionel messi - Not going to happen
Ander Herrera - Okish signing, but unlikely
Jose Gimenez - We should be all over this
Stefan De vrji - Same as above
Juan mata - Good signing, but i think he will extend
Leon Goretzka - Should be all over this
Ross Barkley - Okish signing
Fernandinho - Very good signing
Faouzhi Ghoulam - Could be a decent signing but we have better
Oguzhan Özikaup - Very good player at the right age, could be great.
Max Meyer - Opportunistic signing
Joah Moutinho - Could be a bargain, should move wilshere, cazorla on and get him on board.
Bernard - Opportunistic signing
Luan - Meg
Ribery - Could be decent for a season
Chiellini - Should be all over this
Robben - Could be decent for a season.

BobP

Memri Fan
Well we can soon negoiate for players running out of contracts Few very interesting bites there we should be in for.

Joah Moutinho - Could be a bargain, should move wilshere, cazorla on and get him on board.
Luan - Meg

Good thread idea.

The Kolasinac signing gives me hope we're out there talking to some of these players, namely the likes of Goretzka, de Vrij, and Gimenez.

Stupid, I know.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Apparently, United triggered a clause in Shaw's contract that extended it by a year. So his contract doesn't end at the end of this season but the 2018/19 instead.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I'd take Gimenez. Gorerzka is Bayern bound, they were creaming for him last season, they will pursue him again. Will be a very hard task to sign him.

Fernandinho is genuinely a good shout, shame Pep will get him to sign on.

Chiellini will likely stay with Juve, already an icon and might as well end his career there. Same with Moutinho, don't see him not staying.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Gimenez would be great. Juanfran will be available too, could provide outstanding experience and back-up for a couple of seasons.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Xhaka 2021

Elneny 2020

:(

Wenger 2019

giphy.gif

tcahill

Luan - Meg

Pretty sure Emre Can's contract is expiring too. I'd happy nab him too, he'd be the perfect partner for Xhaka. Goretzka is at a slightly higher level, but Can is already premier league proven.

Gimenez and De Vrij are both at a very similar level, I'd happily take either. From what I've seen of them both, De Vrij is more composed on the ball and has better distribution, while Gimenez is the better raw defender.

Ross Barkley seems like a low-risk and high-reward player, he might just need a new club to rediscover his form and continue developing. If we buy him and he continues to stagnate he could easily be sold.

Last edited:

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Wenger very rarely makes 'common sense' signings. That's probably the main reason Kola was a genuine surprise.

It's usually either worldies out of nowhere like Henry, awful players out of nowhere like Chamakh and Park or players no longer wanted at the top level who are ready to take a step down.

My general rule is: if you find a player on any kind of 'possible transfers' list, he will almost certainly not end up at Arsenal.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
If we fail miserably this year I don't care - I WANT MESSI & ROBBEN!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Giminez or De Vrij, Can or Goretzka and Max Meyer - ŶES PLEASE. Then break the bank for Lemar and another.

Kolasinac has been a brilliant signing, I'm not adverse to bargain signings if supplemented with brilliance.

Vibra

Established Member
Giminez or De Vrij, Can or Goretzka and Max Meyer - ŶES PLEASE. Then break the bank for Lemar and another.

Kolasinac has been a brilliant signing, I'm not adverse to bargain signings if supplemented with brilliance.

That would be an amazing summer. Don't really like Can though, there isn't an area he really excels at and we have enough of those in our team. Meyer is also definitely worth a punt, don't know if he'd come though since he would probably find it hard to get decent playing time at the beginning

Kanonier

We should go all out for Julian Draxler in January. He's world class and he's now clearly behind Mbappe and Neymar at PSG. He would be amazing at Arsenal and best friends with Kolasinac...he needs playing time for the WC and he would take Alexis' spot.

From the list I'd go for Max Meyer (another FC Schalke jewel) and Jose Gimenez is a must.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Am I right in thinking that Draxler starts for Germany's? if so I can't see why he'd leave PSG in January? Summer is much more likely. I think Lemar is a much higher probability, especially if Monaco crash out of the champions league.

Kanonier

Am I right in thinking that Draxler starts for Germany's? if so I can't see why he'd leave PSG in January? Summer is much more likely. I think Lemar is a much higher probability, especially if Monaco crash out of the champions league.

Because he is not playing at PSG. He is now second fiddle to Neymar and Mbappe.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom