• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PORTUGAL 2004 - The Draw.

KoLo28

If only Australia was in it :( Im gonna have to go for France... henry, pires, wiltord etc

Although i do have a soft spot for the poms, although it's only when Australia's not involved. There's no-one i like to beat more than England because when England win one game they go mental and think they're the best.... Australia - Best nation in the world and also the best sporting nation in the world!!!

Wheelori

KoLo28 said:
...... Australia - Best nation in the world and also the best sporting nation in the world!!!

what sporting attitude,. or sporting ability? the first, definitely not, the latter, is extremely good.

thegame24

Established Member
i bet greece will get the group of death for sure.
portugal will get the easiest group as will france.i really hope it doesnt get fixed though.

AFCG7

Established Member
With the way the seedings have been worked out i doubt there can be a fix for a team to get an easy group.. as it is i think we'll get competitive groups right through

Arjan

AFCG7 said:
With the way the seedings have been worked out i doubt there can be a fix for a team to get an easy group.. as it is i think we'll get competitive groups right through

How is the seeding worked out then?
Because Holland are 6(?) in the world but only in the third group?

Andrew

Wheelori said:
KoLo28 said:
...... Australia - Best nation in the world and also the best sporting nation in the world!!!

what sporting attitude,. or sporting ability? the first, definitely not, the latter, is extremely good.

I don't see what's so wrong with our attitude... We wouldn't have made the final of the Rugby World Cup if it wasn't for our attitude. Our cricketers have the best winning attitude in the world, which was proven when we came back and beat India in the one day final a couple of days ago... with our top 4 bowlers all out with injuries. Our best tennis player (Hewit) got to where he was via his attitude, not his ability.

Yes, sometimes we can go over-the-top but in the end it's our attitude that makes us successful.

BTW, I don't think we are the best sporting nation. We do very well considering our small population... But what are we world champs in? Cricket, rugby (maybe not for long) and maybe tennis. But we are never top at the Olympics and soccer for example so I don't think we are the best.

kNiteMare

Wheelori said:
KoLo28 said:

Of course they are the best sporting nations, look at all the sports we played we are world champions (just wait until we beat the Pommies this saturday at RWC ;D ), if soccer is more popular and more people play it i would not doubt we will be among the best as well. 8)

Arjan said:
How is the seeding worked out then?
Because Holland are 6(?) in the world but only in the third group?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=283734&cc=3436
The seeding is by the performance during the euro qualifiers. Portugal is first coz they are host, then france sweden and czech becoz they have the best record during the qualifier, n so on... though i do not understand why greece and swizterland are bottom even though they qualified as group leader when spain and russia, in their respective group, are seeded higher... :?

SydneyGunnerFan

this is going to be a hard group for england i dont think they will make it through but you never know ay have to wait till there performances on the day

Sammer

Established Member
Yeah. But England is imo no favourite for the title (just like germany).

I reckon its between France, Czechoslovakia (awesome team), Italy and one suprise-team....

n_henry

Australia...we are quite a good sporting nation, do well at the sports we focus on..pity that most of them are the 'lesser' sports though...in that they're not quite us popular and 'big' as other sports..if only us Aussies could see the magic of football. Football - not RUGBY. ;)

I'm going for the French aka Arsenal. :lol:

Ridge

I just hope France wont get drawed with the same group with Holland. Or else they still need to play Spain/Italy/England/Germany. :|

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom