• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"Your fans want you to lose, are you?"

...what kind of journalistic question is this, ffs... what's he supposed to say, yes? :lol:

Fans can say stuff like we want to lose, but once that whistle goes the players will 100% want to win... especially if they can still achieve something this season, eh qualify for the Champions League.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People acting like it’s up to Sp**s are too funny. Offcourse they will give their all and to get anything they will need plenty of luck as City are much better. Also City in May is different from City early in the season. They are locked in

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
"Your fans want you to lose, are you?"

...what kind of journalistic question is this, ffs... what's he supposed to say, yes? :lol:

Fans can say stuff like we want to lose, but once that whistle goes the players will 100% want to win... especially if they can still achieve something this season, eh qualify for the Champions League.
It's football "journalism", there's **** all actual insight involved other than player a got injured or b is back in training. The journos ask dumb questions in hopes of an especially dumb answer most of the time, nothing of value is ever said in these.

It's ceremonial nonsense that's why normal coaches give professional bog standard feedback. Except in England you got the bald gimp get hiccups talking about seven months ago on unrelated questions and this little piggy who thought he was profound when he said "let's answer a question you don't know the answer to"

outlawz

Winning your first ever PL title with two injury time goals to snatch it away from your greatest rivals that thought they had won it and who taunted us our whole life’s about how **** we was. I don’t understand how you could ask for a better football moment than that
A better moment would have been facing Man Utd on the final day at Old Trafford, and scoring with the last touch of the game to win the title.

We did that in 89, and whilst it wasn't our first ever title, it was our first in 18 years.

The City-QPR was epic, but the Arsenal win at Anfield was easily more epic.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I just read a surprising statistic,

Every team that has been top of the league going into the final day has won the Premier League.

I know the league is mostly sewn up before the final game, it's only gone to the last game on 8 occasions but still pretty crazy.

Tnegs

Sp**s drew 3-3 with City at the Etihad in December. It’s not beyond belief that they can get a result at home.

Do wonder if Mancini is the worst manager to win a PL title.

Dalglish a contender but he did win a lot managing Liverpool in the 80s and might have done well in Europe if not for the ban.

Ranieri is the easy answer but I feel like I respect his hustle grinding away and getting some sh*t teams promoted from lower divisions.
Mancini won a few Italian titles before us and had a decent pedigree if anyone from us is a contender for that it’s Pelegrini was a nice guy and decent manager but felt his tactics was sometimes just dependent on a great season by Yaya toure who carried us to the title in 2014

Riou

Are you f*cking insane?!!

Giving Ange snacks before pressers will only ensure that, once the cameras start rolling, he's ravenous enough to swallow one of those reporters whole into his throbbing chasm of a stomach.

"I wanted to ask you about your decision to substit...OH GOD, NOO...."

4s2TsgP.gif

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Mancini won a few Italian titles before us and had a decent pedigree if anyone from us is a contender for that it’s Pelegrini was a nice guy and decent manager but felt his tactics was sometimes just dependent on a great season by Yaya toure who carried us to the title in 2014

Ehhhh I really struggle to count those Calciopoli Inter titles as legitimate.

The dominant team got relegated from the league and the only club unpunished (despite also cheating lol) was Inter Milan.

They literally jumped to the front of the queue to pick the Juventus bones dry. Meanwhile despite this beefed up squad underwhelmed consistently in Europe.

Pellegrini I rate higher than Mancini. Proper grafter who had to fight his way up the ladder, overachieved massively with Villarreal, a broke Malaga and now Betis. Would’ve knocked out Klopp’s peak Dortmund side if not for blatant dodgy reffing with Malaga in 2013. Really classy guy as well.

Mancini to me is a fairweather manager who has a terrible reputation with his ex players and had some ridiculous luck in his career.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Imagine after giving the big talk and then setting his team up to play ridiculous highline to lose the game. This game is meant for Boringnho or Conte. Pack the fvking bus and get us a point you losers
From their perspective, draw isn't enough. They have to win the game to get back into champion league.

Riou

Ehhhh I really struggle to count those Calciopoli Inter titles as legitimate.

The dominant team got relegated from the league and the only club unpunished (despite also cheating lol) was Inter Milan.

They literally jumped to the front of the queue to pick the Juventus bones dry. Meanwhile despite this beefed up squad underwhelmed consistently in Europe.

Pellegrini I rate higher than Mancini. Proper grafter who had to fight his way up the ladder, overachieved massively with Villarreal, a broke Malaga and now Betis. Would’ve knocked out Klopp’s peak Dortmund side if not for blatant dodgy reffing with Malaga in 2013. Really classy guy as well.

Mancini to me is a fairweather manager who has a terrible reputation with his ex players and had some ridiculous luck in his career.

I think it's still Ranieri, he is a good coach but 2016 legitimately is the worst season ever quality wise as every top team was terrible that year...his title was pretty much luck based really.

Mancini could be the most unlikable manager to win it, tbf 😅

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think it's still Ranieri, he is a good coach but 2016 legitimately is the worst season ever quality wise as every top team was terrible that year...his title was pretty much luck based really.

Mancini could be the most unlikable manager to win it, tbf 😅

Overall I’d rather Ranieri hands down career wise.

Proved himself at the lower levels and overachieved in a few places.

Mancini barely met expectations his entire career and seemed a complete train wreck with how volatile he was.

Riou

Overall I’d rather Ranieri hands down career wise.

Proved himself at the lower levels and overachieved in a few places.

Mancini barely met expectations his entire career and seemed a complete train wreck with how volatile he was.

Maybe, but I would say The Euro 2020 win edges Mancini clear.

Ranieri only won 2 cups outside that league with Leicester, so it's not like he's a serial winner either.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom