• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Top

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

say yes

forum master baiter
Liverpool and Chelsea should be significantly better than last season. United in their second season of Ten Haag could be a threat too.

Using @Makingtrax ’s incredibly sophisticated prediction computer, par would be 5th - we have spent/are spending the 5th most on our squad (net spend + wages).

However, Arteta is a special manager, we’ve got a settled squad and we can hopefully carry in some momentum from last year - so my prediction is third.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Voted second, even if we have a dream end to the transfer window, addressing all our needs. I do think we will address all our needs, by bringing in one or two more after Rice, Havertz and Timber.

Think an available squad sets us up well next year, still not enough to beat City I think, still but a stronger team no doubt.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Thought we could sneak in a 2nd spot last season. Think we can pull off a league win this season. Man City are favourites, but if they have some setbacks and we stay fairly healthy. My prediction is a league win. 💯

Come on Jesus! Give it to us!

prayer GIF

Lads, whatever persuasion or none! On your knees and pray! The league title is coming home! :drool:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Voted first. We had a great season with amazing football and are really addressing the issues in our squad. Liverpool will be dangerous, City is probably a little bit better than us. Man Utd is dogshit and Chelsea haven't improved enough.

I hope City will have an off season like the one where Liverpool won it. We have a chance with this team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Basically need Haaland and KDB to be out long term then Gvardiol to flop.

Real tough ask to win the title even if we’ve made a big leap forward in the transfer market.

Think we’re well placed to get second again and hopefully a deep CL run although I worry about goalscorers for us in knockout matches.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
3rd in the league. Could change if we sign a forward and midfielder but I doubt we'd go for both unless we make huge profit from sales.

I don't think we should underestimate the loss of Gundogan at City. He has carried them monumentally on several occasions and must be a leader in the dressing room too. If they also lose Bernardo Silva, they have lost some serious quality. Gvardiol might be an amazing player, but I don't see how he will improve them significantly. They were strong defensively last year.

Some players will have lost SOME appetite. It's not like United, Barca or Inter Milan won the treble each year for three years straight. There will be trophies up for grabs, ideally the PL trophy.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Feel like people are overestimating Liverpool based on how they ended the season. But forgetting that 5 of their last 9 games were against the teams that finished in the bottom 5… they’ll be better no doubt but idk if they’ll be “a threat” - at least not unless they add a few more signings. Not for me anyway.

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t at least finish 2nd.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
1st should be the target.
2nd - Par.
3rd- Mildy disappointing.
Lower than 3rd not acceptable.

Go very deep in the CL and maybe that would change though as I would favour the CL over the PL if I had to choose.

I'm not buying the hype around Liverpool, Man Utd etc. I expect us to have the second best side going into the season so that's where I'd bet on us finishing if I had to.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Feel like people are overestimating Liverpool based on how they ended the season. But forgetting that 5 of their last 9 games were against the teams that finished in the bottom 5… they’ll be better no doubt but idk if they’ll be “a threat” - at least not unless they add a few more signings. Not for me anyway.

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t at least finish 2nd.
I try to avoid early predictions, but if last season wasn’t a one off and was a reflection of our true level, then I don’t see any team other than City being better than us.

What we did last season performance wise was incredible - can we do it again (and better)? That’s the question now.

Would absolutely love another title challenge.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Can't call it because of CL, I think it depends on how far we go in that as it might pull at our resources.

I think a lot of teams falling asleep at the wheel had a bit to do with the 2nd place finish last season, so anywhere from 3rd-5th finish wouldn't surprise me.

Will be a great quote for some when we challenge for the entire season again now that I've posted this.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I try to avoid early predictions, but if last season wasn’t a one off and was a reflection of our true level, then I don’t see any team other than City being better than us.

What we did last season performance wise was incredible - can we do it again (and better)? That’s the question now.

Would absolutely love another title challenge.

I’m expecting some of our players to keep improving. Especially Saka. His trajectory isn’t showing any signs of plateauing. Backing my star boy to bag 20 PL goals next season inshaAllah. I know that’s a bold claim but honestly I believe he can do it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Too early to make a concrete prediction tbh. Will have a better idea when everyone finalises their business and see how we intend to line up with our new additions.

Not that convinced by Liverpool’s business at the moment. I think they still have a lot more to address compared to us + the Thursday/Sunday Europa League football will eventually catch up with them during the season. Surprised the media aren’t pushing that 🤔 they were using that against us last summer IIRC.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom