• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 37 (May 11-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,785
  • Views 59,443

ItzdoctorZ

Yeah most of the team competing for top 4 nowadays are shipping 50-60 goals. That's mid table numbers.

There are only 2 good teams in this league. Liverpool was held together by duct tape and they've unravelled. Next season the gap between the top 2 and the other 18 teams are going to get even wider.
Depends how Arne Slot does for them, his teams usually have low xG conceded, but lets see if he does well in the prem.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Teams also score more nowadays though, look at the amount of teams that have scored 70+ goals this season.

Teams score more nowadays partly because of the standard of defending. Henry has said he'd love to play in this era. Palmer has 21 goals, how many would the likes of Henry, Ronaldo, Rooney, etc get in this current era? You're talking north of 30 at the very minimum every single season.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Teams score more nowadays partly because of the standard of defending. Henry has said he'd love to play in this era. Palmer has 21 goals, how many would the likes of Henry, Ronaldo, Rooney, etc get in this current era? You're talking north of 30 at the very minimum every single season.

Imagine Henry against these midtable and lower league teams like Burnley who insist on playing out from the back. He’d get minimum 5 goals every game

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine Henry against these midtable and lower league teams like Burnley who insist on playing out from the back. He’d get minimum 5 goals every game

He'd equal his average peak goals tally in games Vs Sheffield, Burnley and Luton alone.

Mohamed7

Lool yeah because 7 games to go you have a home game against Villa and a team who have amazing record in April and May is chasing you and you collapse at home. That second half vs Villa was a team who felt the moment and couldn’t respond. Offcourse we go on a run when it’s not on our hand
We have better second half of the season points than City. City drew thrice since December and us one loss and draw.

We lost it in the first half and had to play huge catch-up against a team who’re renown for their ridiculous run from Feb to end.

Mohamed7

Nah, he’s not.

Go and rewatch Eddie’s goals, even the goals missed. Watch Eddie’s movement and decision making. Also take note of Eddie’s pressing runs, how he goes in.

Jackson doesn’t do all that to the same degree, he’s too stupid.

Eddie also doesn’t need a lot of time to figure out how to beat a high line offside trap with a team of 9 men.

In fact do one thing, go and look at Jackson’s 1v1 chance with Raya in their 5-0 loss, that will tell you everything.
Jackson is an idiot. Who the F goes for near post in that situation. The far post is the go-to and it was even wide open. Nahh bro doesn’t have the natural finishing instincts.

However, his link-up play is fantastic and is way, way better than Bumpketiah.

Both of them don’t deserve top 6 starting position. Midtable strikers.

Diesel

Anyone expecting Sp**s to even put 20 percent of the effort united put in today is gonna have ****ty Tuesday. I bet we see Sp**s fans cheering after city smash em 6-0

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I’ll be in the Algarve at a legal conference tomorrow through Friday, so will eating a fine dinner with about 40 other lawyers at some fancy if remote beachside restaurant, when Sp**s take on 115.

Fear not, Beany will send you photos of the sunset and bill of fare, for your delectation, whether you like it or not…

Probably just as well that I won’t be slavishly following events. Possibly won’t even have a phone signal…🇵🇹

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I’ll be in the Algarve at a legal conference tomorrow through Friday, so will eating a fine dinner with about 40 other lawyers at some fancy if remote beachside restaurant, when Sp**s take on 115.

This really makes it sound like you are a character in The Sopranos or The Godfather, ngl.

"I am at a 'legal conference' with 40 of my dearest and closest associates, we will be discussing how to deal with the 115 problem...forget about it!"

😂

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

This really makes it sound like you are a character in The Sopranos or The Godfather, ngl.

"I am at a 'legal conference' with 40 of my dearest and closest associates, we will be discussing how to deal with the 115 problem...forget about it!"

😂

Well it’s a fraud conference, so whilst not quite “waste disposal” it’s pretty apposite for 115…😂

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We need Liverpool to win tonight then Sp**s to go 2-0 up tomorrow. It’s easy for fans to say they’ll root against their own team till they’re actually in the moment…
I’m at 21% rn for a Sp**s win/draw.. that’s not bad I guess😭

Malky

Established Member
I've already accepted Sp**s losing against City. However i've now decided to see the positives in it, where any results between tonight and tomorrow night will end with me laughing at Sp**s - they're either going to help us win the league or completely blow their chance at a top 4 finish. Only Sp**s could find themselves in that situation - Win and help your biggest rivals win their first title in 20 years, or lose and miss your best chance at CL football. :lol::lol:
Can you imagine the meltdown if they somehow beat City and still miss out on top4. :shivering::shivering:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
First step, win at Old Trafford yesterday... ✅
Second step, Liverpool get a result tonight... ⏳
Third step, Tottenham don't lose tomorrow... ⏳

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Could well see their fans cheering a City goal...
They'll likely invade the pitch if they lose to celebrate with man city won't be surprised with that club supporters they care about Arsenal failure than thier own club success

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Just to repeat my comment in the title race thread a Liverpool fan has told me they are completely spent and to expect the worst this evening. Mind you, Villa aren't in the best form either.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Sp.rs will lose and won’t have to throw it because they’re in terrible form and City is in their late season mode. Could Sp.rs get points? Sure the ball is round, but the odds are long. I think the game will be open and high scoring. 4-2 City something like that or 4-1.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom