• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 37 (May 11-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,785
  • Views 59,458

Maddar16

Perfect result for us, imo.

What we want is Sp**s to still think they can get Top Four (and they can, Villa dropped points here and could easily lose away to Palace) but we still want Villa to get Top Four (and that non-victory comeback could prove crucial) so very happy tonight.

Now we move to D-day tomorrow with some hope, glory or death awaits us in 24 hours...gentlemen and ladies, it's been an honour to serve alongside you on AM this season whatever happens...lets do this!
But a draw is infinetely easier to achieve vs city, and that could be enough. Tonight means they have to go on the front foot and attack, which leaves them open for city to smash them.

Pool dropping points made things much much harder.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I don't get the change of tone from the commentator? If they lost Sp**s could mathematically afford a draw against Man City but they'd need to have a 6/7 goal swing in the last game. Realistically Sp**s needed to win both for Champions league football.
That's because 6/7 goal swing can happen on the last day given Villa go away to Palace who are in red hot form now. Sp**s are playing the worst defense ever in Sheffield Utd. Can easily see that 6/7 GD being overturned with a draw tomorrow. But now they have to win.

Badger_Revenge

But a draw is infinetely easier to achieve vs city, and that could be enough. Tonight means they have to go on the front foot and attack, which leaves them open for city to smash them.

Pool dropping points made things much much harder.
Sp**s never change how they play. Ange won't change. He's very clear about that.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Very good game for the neutral. I thought it showed exactly why both teams are where they are. Liverpool just trade blows and usually are just more potent then most teams. Villa are very good on the counter and very precise in their passing and transitions.

Shame Liverpool didn't hold out but it could've been worse.

Salah betraying Klopp is kind of pathetic. Looked like a man who believes his own hype and stopped caring. Glad this wasn't my club.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Really interesting dynamics which you don’t see often tomorrow.

I know a team will naturally play their rivals competition for the title every season, but not with this much of a microscope on it. Them drawing city essentially hands us the title, it’s literally all in their hands.

Sp**s have a very outside chance of the top4, but how do they approach it in terms of the dressing room and the fans in the stadium? It’s a really strange one. Because even if they win they need a villa loss to palace. So handing us the title gives them an outside chance of top4…

Ange has said they need to be professional to their own aspirations and values. But how will the players and fans be?

One thing we do know, is if they’re drawing they are going absolute all out attack which means city probably score.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We could see a scenario tomorrow where Sp**s are drawing a struggling City and we have 1 hand on the trophy, only for Sp**s to go all out attack to try to win the game and throw the draw and our title hopes out the window.

It’s unlikely the game ends in a draw I’ll put it that way.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Human motivation is so interesting. No way Liverpool lose that if they were still in the title race

Mohamed7

Aside from the obvious benefit to ourselves i'd want to see Sp**s win to see what Emery does on the final day. I can imagine him going ultra defensive playing for a draw at Palace if it played out like that.
Sp**s will then need to win by at least 7 goals (Away) against Sheffield if they only managed 1 goal margin against City.

Anyways. This City team won’t lose that’s damn sure. Best we can hope for is a draw. Even that’s stretch given both the huge quality and form difference.

People are forgetting Pep loves to face Ange type of gung-ho tactics. He only has that poor new Sp**s’s stadium because he faced typical low block transitional tactics from Nune, Mourinho, and then Conte.

If tomorrow’s game doesn’t finish by HT, I’ll be very surprised. But here’s hoping 🤞.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Actually villa got so much worse after the win against us they were like 8 point or less than that behind us now they 20 points behind us
Villa are having a great season. Yes they have dropped off a lot but that is to be expected for a team like them. I remember trying to reassure @DJ_Markstar earlier in the season when he was worried about them challenging us for the title.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom