• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 37 (May 11-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,785
  • Views 63,852

Thrice

With the exception of Alvarez and maybe Mac Allister, nobody in that Argentina team is as good as the WC made them look. Messi and vibes put a sheen on a lot of them that is not real. :lol:
Yeah, it does seem they won that World Cup by sheer determination. I also think losing that opening game did wonders for them. It was a setback/wakeup call at the right time. They just looked extremely focused after that.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

@Trilly

I think we could sign 20 wingers just like him from Europe to compete with Martinelli for half the price he would cost.

From the same position -

Trossard 17 goals and 2 assists in 2184 minutes.

Gordon 12 goals and 11 assists in 3867 minutes.

He isn’t a match winner or a special player in my opinion, that’s all.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Anthony Gordon isn't it, he's got the most British face imaginable.

Good player though.
The worst part will be when his hairline starts receding and he's balding while looking like Clare Balding. 🥶

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The day man city days finally over the PL will be more fun again because no matter how much Arsenal Liverpool Chelsea utd and others spend it'll still won't be similar to man city power.

Unsure that day will PL done massive mistake they thought giving oil state gonna be good idea to increase the quality but nope that was huge error
The day they are found guilty of rhe 115 charges, dropped to the bottom rung of the football pyramid and stripped of all their titles will be amazing. All this planned cheating will have been for nothing and their reputation will be in tatters.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The day they are found guilty of rhe 115 charges, dropped to the bottom rung of the football pyramid and stripped of all their titles will be amazing. All this planned cheating will have been for nothing and their reputation will be in tatters.
You seriously believe that'll happen? They'll get away with a slap on the wrist at best. There is no justice in this world.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
You seriously believe that'll happen? They'll get away with a slap on the wrist at best. There is no justice in this world.
Just cant see how its possible if they are found guilty. It has to be huge, cant see how it won't be. Look at the punishment Forest and Everton received for relatively minor errors of mis-judgement, this is in a different stratosphere of seriousness. City implemented a plan of major fraud for over ten years and then proceeded to perjure themselves/fail to cooperate in investigations.

If the premier league didnt want to act, the best bet would.have been to ignore the evidence in the first place and not bring any charges. But surpisingly they did. The only out is if they beat the case

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That definitely won't be happening the likely outcome will be like Juve one when they got found out of match fixing the max punishment will be them being sent to championship and points deduction I'll be surprised if they even done that they got no balls.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Come Uefa Champions League GIF by UEFA
The stars are aligning!😂

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@Trilly

I think we could sign 20 wingers just like him from Europe to compete with Martinelli for half the price he would cost.

From the same position -

Trossard 17 goals and 2 assists in 2184 minutes.

Gordon 12 goals and 11 assists in 3867 minutes.

He isn’t a match winner or a special player in my opinion, that’s all.
Stats aren’t everything.

Contextual factors such as Gordon being a young player or playing in a worse team come into play.

Also you’ve just demonstrated that he can match Trossard’s end product while still providing Martinelli’s pace and workrate.

I don’t know what his ceiling is but he reminds me of Saka in that he’s just a very effective footballer. Your Ryan Fraser shout isn’t going to end well imo but let’s see next season.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Stats aren’t everything.

Contextual factors such as Gordon being a young player or playing in a worse team come into play.

Also you’ve just demonstrated that he can match Trossard’s end product while still providing Martinelli’s pace and workrate.

I don’t know what his ceiling is but he reminds me of Saka in that he’s just a very effective footballer. Your Ryan Fraser shout isn’t going to end well imo but let’s see next season.

I don't even know what Hairspray is saying about him, but Flash Gordon is on smoke for sure.

LookingForEric

No point signing Anthony Gordon when we have Martinelli who is a very similar profile. If we sign a LW I'd go for Leao or Kvara.

Yep needs to be a significant upgrade, can’t just stockpile wingers. Maybe consider someone like that for RW?

sdotzdot

Established Member
Gordon seems like one of those guys who is obsessed with the north and will never leave.

He’d be up there with my most wanted (whilst still being realistic) winger signings, but don’t think he’ll want to leave.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

No point signing Anthony Gordon when we have Martinelli who is a very similar profile. If we sign a LW I'd go for Leao or Kvara.
Martinelli will be playing for Huesca in a few years. Gordon is what Arteta wants Martinelli to be.

From a squad building profile yeah it would be better to sign someone with a different profile but I'm pretty sure the profile the club told Ornstein we want is someone in the Gordon/Rashford ilk and not a Kvara.

LookingForEric

Martinelli will be playing for Huesca in a few years. Gordon is what Arteta wants Martinelli to be.

From a squad building profile yeah it would be better to sign someone with a different profile but I'm pretty sure the profile the club told Ornstein we want is someone in the Gordon/Rashford ilk and not a Kvara.

We want pure pace apparently, reckon Neto would be the first target

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom