• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Brentford | Saturday 9th March | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144112-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144142-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144223-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144201-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144305-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144331-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144356-Chrome.jpg

lineup.png

Screenshot-20240305-143932-Chrome.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 4-0 Brentford

GoonerJay24

So torned about our current form. Sure, the results and performances have been exceptional since Palace, but still, our opponents have been poor. Burnley are just awful, Sheffield United and West Ham, especially, were a joke. Arsenals quality was too much versus both Newcastle and Liverpool. Overrall though, we're not being tested much during this period, except Porto, who beat us.

Brentford are missing a couple of their key players, so I'm expecting another win, but it's too early to become overconfident. Nonetheless, if the team approaches this with the right mentality, we should secure the points

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we win this I believe it will be Arteta's PB in terms of active winning streak (8 games). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
We won 8 in a row last season from February to to early April I think

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Maupay will be fired up, along with Toney.

Difficult team this, we need to prevent them looking for those quick counter attacks. Do that and take our chances and we can make this game safe early.

Tough game, but I think our quality will shine through. Arsenal 2-0 Brentford, and no injuries please.

Henry boi

So torned about our current form. Sure, the results and performances have been exceptional since Palace, but still, our opponents have been poor. Burnley are just awful, Sheffield United and West Ham, especially, were a joke. Arsenals quality was too much versus both Newcastle and Liverpool. Overrall though, we're not being tested much during this period, except Porto, who beat us.

Brentford are missing a couple of their key players, so I'm expecting another win, but it's too early to become overconfident. Nonetheless, if the team approaches this with the right mentality, we should secure the points
You've just said Arsenal's quality was too much for the top of the table Liverpool who are in great form themselves lol your answer is there in that sentence
Also the Porto performance was down to nerves that was clear to see

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Brentford are very bad defensively this season plus thier keeper is dodgy I'm expecting another big win we full of confidence and doesn't seem having much compliancy. Expecting we start with same line up.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Maupay will be fired up, along with Toney.

Difficult team this, we need to prevent them looking for those quick counter attacks. Do that and take our chances and we can make this game safe early.

Tough game, but I think our quality will shine through. Arsenal 2-0 Brentford, and no injuries please.
It's that long ball that scare me. With Toney in the team, they don't need to play through our press. They just have to bypass it with those long balls to Toney. Plus the knock down to Mbeumo. That's their biggest weapon.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Brentford aren't playing as bad as their position shows.
They just can't finish mostly. Hopefully that doesn't happen in our game.

We should still win though, especially at home

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's that long ball that scare me. With Toney in the team, they don't need to play through our press. They just have to bypass it with those long balls to Toney. Plus the knock down to Mbeumo. That's their biggest weapon.

Yep - they really caused us a lot of problems at the Emirates last season that way. It was also the only game I've ever seen Saliba physically outmaneuvered across an entire 90 min. I don't think Mbuemo is fit enough to start this game; they're also missing Ben Mee who has been important for them in defence.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Brentford are low on confidence and must be shaking in their boots to visit the Emirates right now, I expect another goalfest

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Brentford will sit deep and gonna be long ball to Toney they don't have midfield to compete so we know what is coming

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Maupay will be deploying his best ****house tactics to try to get someone sent off. Our defenders need to keep their emotions in check.

This should be another comfortable 3 points but we have to stay hungry & focused.

GLITCH

Sure, the results and performances have been exceptional since Palace, but still, our opponents have been poor. Burnley are just awful, Sheffield United and West Ham, especially, were a joke. Arsenals quality was too much versus both Newcastle and Liverpool. Overrall though, we're not being tested much during this period, except Porto, who beat us.
Tbf, I think we have to look at how the top 6 have performed. We've been the most convincing and dominant against these teams, making them look poor and awful.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I hope Teta rests Jorginho because we need him vs Porto, will be fine to see Havertz drop back into midfield and Trossard slot back in at false 9.
Not sure about that if Jorginho is starting to be fit from the niggles. It's good to keep the winning team starting, and keep the momentum.

You can substitute Partey in early like at 65 minutes in the last game.

Newcastle game was 24.2.2024, Sheffield was 4.3.2024 and Brentford will be 9.3.2024. If he plays 45-65 minutes in those last two games, I think he can easily start the Porto game on 12.3.2024.

But your suggestion isn't that bad either, will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom