• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Everton 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 4th, February | KO: 12:30 GMT| BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_everton-arsenal.png

This should be relatively straightforward, the new manager bounce not withstanding.

Screenshot-20230128-152222.png

Screenshot-20230128-152237.png

Screenshot-20230128-152251.png

Screenshot-20230128-152321.png

The starting xi picks itself, unless Partey is not fit enough to start and Lokonga takes his place.

8f9bf26f-4004-49f7-9de4-c9ccf7ca79ae.png

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Our players don't get bullied anymore. Everton can be up for this all they want, they're still going to get played off the park.

Hmmm tbh my instinct is that you can't take any team for granted though, especially not one being managed by Dyche.

But I do think we'll have too much quality for them. Last season's tie at Goodison Park was pretty painful but this season we are winning games we weren't and beating awkward teams so hopefully it's comfortable.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I remember how few years ago when we hosted Everton at Emirates, they were so sensational in 1st half that God knows how they didn't score. They were so dominating that it was a shocking surprise as they were just about starting up with Roberto Martinez.

We managed to go ahead in 2nd half through Özil iirc, but then they kept pressing in our box and Delofeu equalized with a powerful shot.

Now that Everton are languishing in relegation zone, that team (Barkley, Delofeu, Lukaku, Mirallas etc.) was so much better than the dross they have now.

Having said that, we could drop points as the new manager bounce factor could hit us unexpectedly.

3 pts and no injuries please 🙏

andeoch1

I remember how few years ago when we hosted Everton at Emirates, they were so sensational in 1st half that God knows how they didn't score. They were so dominating that it was a shocking surprise as they were just about starting up with Roberto Martinez.

We managed to go ahead in 2nd half through Özil iirc, but then they kept pressing in our box and Delofeu equalized with a powerful shot.

Now that Everton are languishing in relegation zone, that team (Barkley, Delofeu, Lukaku, Mirallas etc.) was so much better than the dross they have now.

Having said that, we could drop points as the new manager bounce factor could hit us unexpectedly.

3 pts and no injuries please 🙏
We COULD drop points to Everton, BUT we won’t 😊

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Everton might have a bit more edge to their game when they face us so it will be tough. Doubt they'll have much goal threat though (touch wood) they've been extremely profligate this season. Demarai Gray's arguably their biggest threat. Think the midfield battle will be tight though. Onana and Iwobi win most of their duels and are good carriers.

We'll need to make sure we take our chances early to kill their momentum from the start.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Does anyone here actually think this is a hard game? or just worried cause race is actually real? Confidence vs united but not vs Everton? They are 19th for a reason. We've played well like EVERY game this season.
Worrying posts in this thread honestly, feels like posts 5 years ago.

bastun

Player:Saka
Does anyone here actually think this is a hard game? or just worried cause race is actually real? Confidence vs united but not vs Everton? They are 19th for a reason. We've played well like EVERY game this season.
This will be a tough game. Whoever thinks thats a walk in the park will be in for a surprise. I expect a nervous game with a minimal Arsenal win and a lot of cards.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

This will be a tough game. Whoever thinks thats a walk in the park will be in for a surprise. I expect a nervous game with a minimal Arsenal win and a lot of cards.
I don't agree. 2-0 westham, 2-1 southhampton, 4-1 brighton in the last 3 games. they did get 1-1 vs City though. First march with new manager surely increases their margin of error

TheDrunkenMaster

It will be a tough game, it would have been better for us if they hadn’t sacked Lampard till after our match. They will be up for it and so will there fans. It’s always a hard away game. By the way we played a good half against last placed Southampton and in the second half they were outplaying us and could have beaten us

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

It will be a tough game, it would have been better for us if they hadn’t sacked Lampard till after our match. They will be up for it and so will there fans. It’s always a hard away game. By the way we played a good half against last placed Southampton and in the second half they were outplaying us and could have beaten us
We will have games off, and I think that one is one of them(Southhampton). With our first team. I don't think Everton poses a threat. Huge upset if they get something from this imo.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
It's a potential trap game, and we have a poor record at Goodison in recent seasons so wouldn't be surprised if they give us a tough time, but it goes without saying that these matches against relegation fodder are pretty much must-wins if we're to stave off City for the title.

It being the early kick off reassures me for some reason; hate when away matches at grounds like these are played under the lights. We overcame our dismal recent record at Sp**s with a convincing victory, and I expect no different tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom