• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: West Ham United 0-6 Arsenal | Sunday 11th February | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenalwestham.jpg

Screenshot-20240206-125119.png

Screenshot-20240206-125136.png

Screenshot-20240206-125152.png

Screenshot-20240206-125212.png

Screenshot-20240206-125228.png

Screenshot-20240206-125249.png

Screenshot-20240206-125304.png

lineup.png

Screenshot-20240206-125725.png

West Ham 0-2 Arsenal

HattoriHanzo

I didn't said that it was the cause of the collapse.

But chronologically speaking, it is correct.
Before Xhaka-TAA incident, Arsenal had lead 2:0.
One minute after incident, Salah scored for 2:1.
It was 2:2 in the end.
Next 3 matches we had 2 draws (West Ham, Southampton) and loss (City).
And City came to the 1st place.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Exacly!

Complete nonsense that the TAA vs Xhaka altercation was the cause of our downfall. Was the crowd also the reason Martinelli didnt pass the ball properly to Saka right at the end for that potential winner?

The reason we were pinned back so much in the second half is because Liverpool adjusted their game plan and we couldnt respond and get back on top.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

No, nonsense.

What matters is not what the crowd is doing, what matters is how you control and deal with your opponent. We could not deal with the changes Klopp made in the second half and that's why we were pinned back so much in that game.

The same thing happened in the FA Cup game, and almost again in the league this weekend, Klopp made adjustments that made us lose control. The difference this weekend is that we adapted quicker and knocked them out the game with that Martinelli goal.

What you can say is that the dropped points in that game contributed to the lacking of confidence and belief in the team going forward, and that resulted in further dropped points.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

115 charges play Everton and Liverppol play Burnley both at home, they will win and likely pad the GD too. If we don't win we can forget the title, don't care what anyone says

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

:lol: :lol:

Janet Yellen GIF by GIPHY News

But in this case, this explains better of what you implied

Youtube Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

HattoriHanzo

The question was when our collapse started, not why.
And the answer is as I said, at Anfield, after Xhaka-TAA incident.
Before the incident it was 2:0 for Arsenal, one minute later Salah scored.
And we all saw that match completely changed after that, and in the end we were lucky (thanks to Ramsdale) that it was draw.
And my opinion is that it wasn't only due to the changes Klopp made.
So, I agree to disagree.

HattoriHanzo

115 charges play Everton and Liverppol play Burnley both at home, they will win and likely pad the GD too. If we don't win we can forget the title, don't care what anyone says
If Arsenal can't win 3rd match against West Ham (after 2 defeats same season), they don't deserve the title.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
And we all saw that match completely changed after that, and in the end we were lucky (thanks to Ramsdale) that it was draw.
So, I agree to disagree.

Don't bother, @albakos waited 6 years for Xhaka to have a decent season and will defend him for dear life.

The collapse started after the altercation, it pumped Anfield up again, threw us off a bit off Salah scored and we weren't experienced enough to adapt to the new hostile environment. This season I think we're less affected by it all.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Don't bother, @albakos waited 6 years for Xhaka to have a decent season and will defend him for dear life.

The collapse started after the altercation, it pumped Anfield up again, threw us off a bit off Salah scored and we weren't experienced enough to adapt to the new hostile environment. This season I think we're less affected by it all.

If we threw that game because the crowd got a bit louder then we had no business winning it from the beginning. We didn’t win at Anfield this season either, who woke the crowd up this time?
Salah scoring is what turned the momentum, had nothing to do with Xhaka.
Let’s not forget we had Rob Holding in defence for that title run in and not Saliba. That was the main reason we didn’t win the league.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
  • Time for Rice to atone for the handball last season when he nicked it off TP5
  • Time for TP5 to atone for stupidly juggling with the ball on the edge of the box (cancelled until further notice)

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
West Ham are in poor form, they got slapped 3-0 by United. This will be an easy easy win.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
West Ham are in poor form, they got slapped 3-0 by United. This will be an easy easy win.
West ham totally dominated the first half, missed more chances than we usually do, Utd's first two goals were completely against the run of play.

manuwestsham.png

berric

Established Member

If we threw that game because the crowd got a bit louder then we had no business winning it from the beginning. We didn’t win at Anfield this season either, who woke the crowd up this time?
Salah scoring is what turned the momentum, had nothing to do with Xhaka.
Let’s not forget we had Rob Holding in defence for that title run in and not Saliba. That was the main reason we didn’t win the league.

It's a game of small margins. Why do you think Klopp called for Anfield to roar this season?

Last year Scousers were gut-punched, Anfield silenced. The conflict winded the crowd up, we weren't ready for the tempo swing. Afterward, we never recovered, they pummeled us for the entirety of the second half.

This season nobody "woke the crowd" up it was a much better-managed game on our end, but evenly matched. Remember Klopp saying "wow, wow" at the end of that game? This season we control better.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
So, I agree to disagree.
When implies time, why implies cause.
Again, correlation != causation.

It's simple.

The collapse started after the altercation, it pumped Anfield up again, threw us off a bit off Salah scored and we weren't experienced enough to adapt to the new hostile environment.
:lol: Keep chasing that line of argument
adorable chasing tail GIF

berric

Established Member

When implies time, why implies cause.
Again, correlation != causation.

It's simple.

:lol: Keep chasing that line of argument
adorable chasing tail GIF

You lead 2-0 at Anfield. The home crowd is SILENT. All you need is to control your head, control the game, keep sucking the life out of the stadium and wait for the opportunity.

But a player does this:

Tell me how it doesn't turn the table a little bit towards the environment in which Liverpool thrives. Completely unnecessary.

Don't get me wrong I don't blame Xhaka for the season collapse, because unexpected things happen and you have to adapt, we didn't. But let's not pretend that that moment didn't favor Liverpool in this particular game.

HattoriHanzo

Tell me how it doesn't turn the table a little bit towards the environment in which Liverpool thrives. Completely unnecessary.

Don't get me wrong I don't blame Xhaka for the season collapse, because unexpected things happen and you have to adapt, we didn't. But let's not pretend that that moment didn't favor Liverpool in this particular game.
These are exactly my thoughts.

HattoriHanzo

I hope that it will be win, and I'm not sure that it will be easy.
We will have to break their low block.
Early Arsenal goal would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom