• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

quincy in the Dutch U20 team

Arjan

Quincy will join the Dutch under 20 team in a friendly against Morocco.

This is very important because this summer the under 20 world cup will be played in Holland and he could be one of the players to shine that tournament.

Doel: Kenneth Vermeer (Ajax), Theo Brack (FC Zwolle)
Verdediging: Ron Vlaar (AZ) Wouter Artz (Excelsior), Gianni Zuiverloon (Feyenoord), Dwight Tiendalli (FC Utrecht), Frank van der Struijk (Willem II)
Middenveld: Haris Medunjanin (AZ), Urby Emanuelson (Ajax), Steef Nieuwendaal (Willem II), Mark van den Boogaart (Feyenoord), Rick Kruys (FC Utrecht)
Aanval: Quincy Owusu-Abeyie (Arsenal), Arjan Wisse (AZ), Otman Bakkal (FC Den Bosch), Tim Vincken (Feyenoord)

Some of the more experienced under 20 players are not called up, players like Babel, Maduro and Fulhams Collins John

Both England and France have not qualified for the u20 world cup :shock:

Lord Dula

Established Member
I like Quincy a lot. I'm not saying he has no skill, but with pace like his you dont need skill to cause problems, so he should never really have any sustained periods of non-productivity.

lowerman

Arjan said:
This is very important because this summer the under 20 world cup will be played in Holland and he could be one of the players to shine that tournament.

:
So could we see Djourou and Senderos shining at that tournament.

Gurgen

Established Member
I'll be there to watch, and so will a lot of my mates because they've all become Quincy fans :D

patrick42uk

Established Member
lowerman said:
Arjan said:

:

unfortunately for the swiss, they are in the same group as nigeria and brazil. those two are quite strong at youth level.

Sith_Gooner

Congrats Quincy!!!

Hope he has a cracking tournement and forces Arsène to give him some starts next season.

He totally change the sheff utd game for us, gave us that little something we lacked.

With a bit of luck, we'll be seeing more of him in the future.

Bouchra

Some of the more experienced under 20 players are not called up, players like Babel, Maduro and Fulhams Collins John

I think they will be called up for the U21 selection

lowerman

patrick42uk said:
lowerman said:
Arjan said:

:

unfortunately for the swiss, they are in the same group as nigeria and brazil. those two are quite strong at youth level.

Surely
Brazil is top, and probably a favourite for the title. I dont know about the Nigerian team. But usually African teams have a lack of discipline.
Dont forget that the current Swiss team won the European Championship at U17 level.
We will see. Hopefully theres a chance to watch this tournament.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lowerman said:
patrick42uk said:
lowerman said:
Arjan said:

:

Surely
Brazil is top, and probably a favourite for the title. I dont know about the Nigerian team. But usually African teams have a lack of discipline.
Dont forget that the current Swiss team won the European Championship at U17 level.
We will see. Hopefully theres a chance to watch this tournament.

thats the point. at this level its more about raw talent than tactics or discipline. most coaches encourage the players to go out and express themselves which is why these tournaments tend to produce a lot of goals.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
nigeria is a very frustrating country to support. the talent is there in abundance but coaching is horrible. things seem to be improving though so it might be tricky for phillipe and the swiss. i'm really looking forward to this tournament. youth tournaments NEVER lack flair. thats their main draw. the kids play with an enthusiasm that is lacking in the senior game. should be a great tournament and hopefully, quincy, cesc, phillipe and our other youth players excel.

sabret00the

Established Member
it would be fantastic for me to see quincy and any young arsenal starlet set the world alight internationally and then come back and do the same here, i just hope whoever does well out there earns a run out here.

gunnertilldeath said:
nigeria is a very frustrating country to support. the talent is there in abundance but coaching is horrible. things seem to be improving though so it might be tricky for phillipe and the swiss. i'm really looking forward to this tournament. youth tournaments NEVER lack flair. thats their main draw. the kids play with an enthusiasm that is lacking in the senior game. should be a great tournament and hopefully, quincy, cesc, phillipe and our other youth players excel.

Don't hate !! The results are there to prove. What has England ever ever achieved at Youth level ????

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Its about bloody time Quincy got chosen. I guess his lack of opportunities cost him, but now he has been rewarded.

It'd be fun to watch, but I dont think we get any coverage of that in Australia. :(

Soler

Established Member
I think the Netherlands are in the same group as Australia, so hopefully I'll be able to see it on SBS 8) it'll be great seeing Quincy making a mockery of us.

Soler

Established Member
Group A: Australia Benin Japan Netherlands
Group B: China Panama Turkey Ukraine
Group C: Chile Honduras Morocco Spain
Group D: Argentina Egypt Germany USA
Group E: Canada Colombia Italy Syria
Group F: Brazil Nigeria South Korea Switzerland

I'm sure we'll have representatives in these teams.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom