• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raheem Sterling

Would you be happy with a straight swap of Sterling for Sanchez?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
DIbeysIXkAMcA5Y.jpg:large

:eek::eek::eek:
Has Victoria's Secret launched a lingerie line for dogs?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Trust me, you aren't. I think many people would be happy to see half of the players dropped for Nelson right now :lol:
:lol: All I keep seeing elsewhere is;

"He's not ready, he's only 17"
"It never worked out with Walcott/Wilshere/whoever else"
"We'll run him into the ground like Iwobi"

The same folks that chastise us for not signing the likes of Mbappe/Dembele, who have the acclaim that they do not just because they are hugely talented, but crucially, they had managers who trusted them and played them because they were good.

Talents like Nelson aren't to be held back for some arbitrary time. You gotta play em. I don't mind seeing him cook at U23s, but the longer he waits, the more likely he ends up a 19 year old prospect with very minimal 1st team experience on the verge of leaving to go abroad like Willock. Maitland-Niles IMO is a good example of someone who could very well go backwards because outside of a decent Championship season, how much competitive football has he really played?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

The same folks that chastise us for not signing the likes of Mbappe/Dembele, who have the acclaim that they do not just because they are hugely talented, but crucially, they had managers who trusted them and played them because they were good.

Talents like Nelson aren't to be held back for some arbitrary time. You gotta play em. I don't mind seeing him cook at U23s, but the longer he waits, the more likely he ends up a 19 year old prospect with very minimal 1st team experience on the verge of leaving to go abroad like Willock. Maitland-Niles IMO is a good example of someone who could very well go backwards because outside of a decent Championship season, how much competitive football has he really played?

I suggested a week or so ago that Nelson could be Alexis' replacement next season and was told "Oh, no. He's too young." But next season he'll be a year older than Mbappe was last season. If this Sterling/Sanchez swap deal comes off, I think that would be a great opportunity to work him into the first team now as a backup (and to compete with) Sterling.

Bendtneer

Everyone has fallen for Wengers Lies once again.Alexis is staying.Ox is staying everyone important will stay.Arsène is a man with no honor for his words he is a liar and has absolutely no shame left.he is destroying Arsenal beyond repair.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Agreed.
That's exactly the reason why we stood out for so many years back then when we were just throwing in teenagers and giving them a good run of games. (although had a way better eye for talent but still..)
They became world-class and we played the best football in the League by far - maybe even the most entertaining in the world.

There's no reason why we cannot drop back to these old patterns, I mean, if we would be up top now and could loose anything by it .. :lol:

We have a great squad to be honest - actually one that is on par with any squad in the league - problem is, many of those wankers dont give their all for more than 2 games in a row and then a multiple goes missing by playing lacklustre football at its best.
Rather play some talented kids who are in awe of playin and playin for Wenger and Arsenal as well.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Back on topic, based on the current rumors and our overall stance over the summer I say we won't sell Alexis unless we either get a quality player in exchange or he forces the move, which in all honesty, could finally happen now as he clearly wants out at all costs.

It has always been a matter of him forcing the move, hasn't it ?

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Back on topic, based on the current rumors and our overall stance over the summer I say we won't sell Alexis unless we either get a quality player in exchange or he forces the move, which in all honesty, could finally happen now as he clearly wants out at all costs.

It has always been a matter of him forcing the move, hasn't it ?

Yeah...'our stance.' Unless we've agreed terms with one of their players, I don't see a swap deal happening (and it's clear now one was never offered, so they'd have to spring a surprise on someone).

It's going to go down to how much they're willing to offer.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Yeah...'our stance.' Unless we've agreed terms with one of their players, I don't see a swap deal happening (and it's clear now one was never offered, so they'd have to spring a surprise on someone).

It's going to go down to how much they're willing to offer.

So who are we supposed to replace him with if we sell (we will)?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Still don't think we sell him unless they give us Sterling, and i don't think we'd have asked for Sterling if we didn't think he'd be willing to leave. It's a ****ing messy pile of ****e though. Starting to think Aidy Ward is using Sterling as a way to put the pressure on and get us to allow Ox to go to Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom