• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

He announced this because of the death of his father apparently. Always been a really big fan of his. Can remember seeing him playing in the Copa Libertadores with Boca against that great Santos side with Diego/Robinho years ago on ****ing Eurosport :lol:

Genuine excitement to see him prop up at West Ham and the gutted when he went to United. Proved how good he was at Juve. I really wanted him to get that CL for Buffon but wasn't to be.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He announced this because of the death of his father. Always been a really big fan of his. Can remember seeing him playing in the Copa Libertadores with Boca against that great Santos side with Diego/Robinho years ago on ****ing Eurosport :lol:

Gutted when he went to United mind but was great to see him at Juve a few years later proving again how good he was. Really wanted him to get that CL for Buffon but wasn't to be.

Always say it was elite manouvres from Carlos to push his driving ban back then rather than community service he just f*cks off to Italy.

Also love how even with Mancini trying to outcast him, he goes and plays golf in Argentina for six months then when Roberto came crawling back he rocks up and helps drag City over the line for the title.

When I think of that South American mentality it’s him that I always think of. Absolute warrior on the pitch.

Also pains me to say it but he was a key part of probably the greatest PL side I’ve ever seen with that Utd 2007/08 team.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Tevez is a better all round player than Aguero, imo.

Couldn't really settle anywhere for long, so his legacy won't be as strong as others, like Anelka.

Brilliant footballer though.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Always say it was elite manouvres from Carlos to push his driving ban back then rather than community service he just f*cks off to Italy.

Also love how even with Mancini trying to outcast him, he goes and plays golf in Argentina for six months then when Roberto came crawling back he rocks up and helps drag City over the line for the title.

When I think of that South American mentality it’s him that I always think of. Absolute warrior on the pitch.

Also pains me to say it but he was a key part of probably the greatest PL side I’ve ever seen with that Utd 2007/08 team.

Absolutely, one of those do anything to win types that I love. That stocky, strong low centre of gravity players who are so hard to get off the ball. That little end of season run with West Ham felt to me like you where watching a potential superstar.

The Kia links would've made it impossible at the time but he's one you'd dream of playing for us back then.

Feel privileged to have grown up in an era of those Argentine attacking players. Every one of them I'd have paid to watch. You've got the Messi/Aguero/Crespo types but even some of the lesser talked of guys like Saviola/Aimar/D'Alessandro where incredibly gifted.

Riou

Absolutely, one of those do anything to win types that I love. That stocky, strong low centre of gravity players who are so hard to get off the ball. That little end of season run with West Ham felt to me like you where watching a potential superstar.

The Kia links would've made it impossible at the time but he's one you'd dream of playing for us back then.

Feel privileged to have grown up in an era of those Argentine attacking players. Every one of them I'd have paid to watch. You've got the Messi/Aguero/Crespo types but even some of the lesser talked of guys like Saviola/Aimar/D'Alessandro where incredibly gifted.

D'Alessandro was brilliant in CM 03-04.

Couldn't believe he ended up playing for Portsmouth in a relegation battle in real life :lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

D'Alessandro was brilliant in CM 03-04.

Couldn't believe he ended up playing for Portsmouth in a relegation battle in real life :lol:

Used to see him a lot on Eurosport as well with River and then Sky had highlights of the Bundesliga when he was there. I think if he'd stayed at Portsmouth he's one who'd probably have made the jump to a bigger English team.

Think he ended up playing in Brazil for years.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Popped up on YouTube this morning. Nothing that astonishing but nice clip highlighting the leadership of Maldini. Also ridiculous that in a short video you can see the likes of Maldini, Stam, Nedved, Ibra and Nesta sharing a pitch. Incredible era for football.

Riou

What a great time to be alive, and to be a football fan...

...don't care what stats/nerds say, look at those players on both teams, this is when the sport was at it's peak.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom