• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Red member question

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me:

I want to buy 2 red memberships to Arsenal, basically to give me a chance to get some tickets. However, can I do them both in my name and then buy tickets for friends with them, or do I have to buy them as 'gifts'. My question is does it matter whose name the tickets go down as really?

Hopefully someone can help?

Cheers

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
billandben said:
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me:

I want to buy 2 red memberships to Arsenal, basically to give me a chance to get some tickets. However, can I do them both in my name and then buy tickets for friends with them, or do I have to buy them as 'gifts'. My question is does it matter whose name the tickets go down as really?

Hopefully someone can help?

Cheers

It's one membership per person, at least as far as I know..

sabret00the

Established Member
I'm actually really anti the one ticker per person policy, it should be two per person, i mean most people owuld've never gone to a game if someone didn't take 'em so why does Arsenal work so hard to prevent this tradition from carrying on?

This does seem quite ridiculous, its not as if I'm going to go to matches on my own, I would want to go with my dad or a friend or something. with two separate memberships this is impossible to get seats together - it doesnt seem a very good idea.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Well, get your dad a membership then, it's not like you can't get two memberships to the same address.

And why wouldn't you go to games on your own? Sure, it's not as much fun as going with some one, but it's better than not going at all.

jester

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Well, get your dad a membership then, it's not like you can't get two memberships to the same address.

And why wouldn't you go to games on your own? Sure, it's not as much fun as going with some one, but it's better than not going at all.

its true, i've been to about 10games this season all on my own because my so called 'gooner' friends didnt want to or couldnt afford to. But i'm really glad i did now!
everytime i've met people outside, or the guys sitting next to me. lovely bunch us arsenal fans :)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I'll never forget going to the Kiev game a couple of years ago and ending up hugging two completely random people either side of me when Ash scored in the last minute. Bloody brilliant.

Also, as the cold took hold at home to Pompey this season, I had a bit of a moan at Thierry for something, the guy next to me just turned round and smiled, he said something like "Yeah, he's crap isn't he?"

Class. :)

RammiXP

i applaud what the club has done in regards to this. could you imagine the touts snapping up 2 tickets per membership so they could sell them on. NO thank you. its a rule for a reason.

Tegh

Established Member
I've only just bought my red membership about half way through the season, and I've been to ONE game. It sucks, but I'd bite someones hand off for a ticket, whether I go with or without someone.

Wheelori

billandben said:
with two separate memberships this is impossible to get seats together

Bollocks is it.

When you buy the tickets, you have one person's membership as the lead, then the rest of the membership numbers!

RammiXP

exactly!! you can purchase up to 4 tickets at once together but each ticket must have a different Membership number so what your saying is quite simple not true.

Spike

Established Member
On the topic of Red Membership, has anyone had their renewal forms through the post? I sent my renewal off today, and hopefully I'll be selected for the Members Day.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Spike said:
On the topic of Red Membership, has anyone had their renewal forms through the post? I sent my renewal off today, and hopefully I'll be selected for the Members Day.

Yeah, got mine through, will deal with it over the weekend.

Tegh

Established Member
I bought mine two thirds of the way into the season. Just to clarify, It gets renewed annually right, not seasonly? If it happens to be the latter, my God I'm going to be pissed.

EDIT: Well, received mine in the post this morning, just updated it now with my mothers credit card, since It didnt like my debit card, and the phone line was closed. Yay.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom