• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

REDaction

James

Established Member
Now has a website:

http://www.redaction.org.uk/front.html

If you're not aware of them, then you should be. Our only source of an atmosphere now at the Emirates, and those who truly care about this football club. Continue to support them.

"We’ve worked to build a fantastic network in the Arsenal community and while we work closely with various facets of the club, we are very much independent and strike the balance to ensure fans are as happy with what we do as possible. We count Arsenal World, AWIMB, The Gooner, Ham & High, Islington Gazette, Arseblog. AISA and Arsenal Mania as much valued allies in our efforts and that list is growing all the time."

James

Established Member
Why have i just read this is new? I've certainly never been on it before. Nevermind.

RC8

Established Member
They've had it for a long time. But it was outdated and all the info was from 05. Most of its sections said "in construction" as well. I'm glad they finally finished it.

REDaction are good, but it's a real shame we don't (or can't, due to the way tickets are sold nowadays) organise a large group of supporters to take over the whole North Bank and sing their hearts out. As good as REDaction are, you can tell by their insistence on using colours that most of them weren't really part of the terrace culture in England.

Personally I wouldn't really go with the kit to watch the team at the stadium (like half of the people at REDaction do). I'm all for large flags and wearing the crest somewhere, but I'm just not keen on wearing the kit. If I'm going with colours I'd much rather dress all black with a red scarf.

I also didn't like how they refused to throw abuse at Cashley. I thought that was ridiculous. I'm not sure if you can be the teams' supporters real voice and be politically correct about such an issue all at the same time.

That said, they have achieved some great things, and I'd love to support them in any way or form.

RC8

Established Member
They've had it for a long time. But it was outdated and all the info was from 05. Most of its sections said "in construction" as well. I'm glad they finally finished it.

REDaction are good, but it's a real shame we don't (or can't, due to the way tickets are sold nowadays) organise a large group of supporters to take over the whole North Bank and sing their hearts out. As good as REDaction are, you can tell by their insistence on using colours that most of them weren't really part of the terrace culture in England.

Personally I wouldn't really go with the kit to watch the team at the stadium (like half of the people at REDaction do). I'm all for large flags and wearing the crest somewhere, but I'm just not keen on wearing the kit. If I'm going with colours I'd much rather dress all black with a red scarf.

I also didn't like how they refused to throw abuse at Cashley. I thought that was ridiculous. I'm not sure if you can be the teams' supporters real voice and be politically correct about such an issue all at the same time.

That said, they have achieved some great things, and I'd love to support them in any way or form.

James

Established Member
RC8 said:
REDaction are good, but it's a real shame we don't (or can't, due to the way tickets are sold nowadays) organise a large group of supporters to take over the whole North Bank and sing their hearts out.
That's where the main problem lies at the Emirates. It's fantastic being able to afford season tickets and supporting your club, but if any of us wanted to go and get behind the arse, it's simply impossible getting tickets in block 6. Even as a silver member.

You're right about the terrace culture in England. However, i'm not sure about whether they weren't part of it or not. I think the insistence of not wearing colours is probably a bit dated now. REDaction isn't about that. These aren't affraid to be proud to wear their colours, take a scarf along, and be as 'loud' as possible in those ways. I do see where you're coming from, and it's actually difficult for me to say as i've only been to the Emirates about 10 times.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I wouldn't say they, having been able to observe/be part of it from block 5, were particularly colour heavy.

Or are you referring to scarves here RC8?

Again, we come back to the fact that one of the best atmospheres I've seen this season, not that I got to go to the Chelsea or United games, was the Newcastle Carling Cup match. That was the first time it seemed to me the scarf thing was catching on.

Hopefully, it will be good on Wednesday, I've just managed to get two tickets for the game..

James

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Hopefully, it will be good on Wednesday, I've just managed to get two tickets for the game..
Anything like the Milan game, and you'll be vastly disappointed mate. I'm sure it shall be better this time around.

There's going to be a Rocky tribute before kick off as well mate, if you weren't aware, so make sure you're there for that.

http://www.rocky7.co.uk/ said:
Hopefully I will see thousands of fans singing the Rocky song ten times before the kick off with Liverpool on Wednesday 2nd April.

RC8

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
I wouldn't say they, having been able to observe/be part of it from block 5, were particularly colour heavy.

Or are you referring to scarves here RC8?

You know better, I'm judging them by what RockyRocastle has said in the past, a couple of pictures where half of them are wearing Arsenal shirts, and things like this here from their website:

Generating a fantastic, memorable atmosphere is about colour as much as it is about noise.

That said, I love the kind of things they organise, and in South America some of the spectacle that the 'barras' mount is splendid. It's just the wearing shirts bit that gave me the wrong impression, that's all.

Edit: here's a picture from their website:

CHAV008.jpg

JazzG

Established Member
Appreciate their efforts but what a joke our club has become really, much of the lack of atmosphere is down to the club and they should be encouraging more fans to be vocal instead they aren't. Even for us who watch it on the tele most of the time it is much more exciting when you can hear the crowd roar and can feel the atmosphere.

http://www.redaction.org.uk/resistance.html

Read some of that, it is rather depressing really.

beck

Established Member
fans shouldnt need encouraging to be noisy
if you open your mouth and sing noise comes out
too many people sit in silence over there
a
ll the schemes in the world are no good if people don,t sing
less interference from the club and more effort from the fans please and turn that poxy pa down

asajoseph

Established Member
JazzG said:
Appreciate their efforts but what a joke our club has become really, much of the lack of atmosphere is down to the club and they should be encouraging more fans to be vocal instead they aren't. Even for us who watch it on the tele most of the time it is much more exciting when you can hear the crowd roar and can feel the atmosphere.

I can't help but get the impression that some of it's rather over-embellished, and some of it I just don't agree with - not all of us Arsenal fans are hairy, fight-the-power lefties who don't want to be told what the words to the songs are...

Overall these boys need to be encouraged though, as what they stand for is something the club currently lacks.

I only comment, however, as the Club Motto story, from the above link, has made it word for word into today's Sunday Mirror.

qs

Established Member
They are great for what they do and I support them fully but their a bit poius on their site. Especially the bit about the print outs of the songs etc. People shouldn't be so petty when the club actually try to do something decent for a change.

At the end of the day though there isn't enough of it. At the Villa match they were as quiet as the rest of the crowd. Sometimes I think the crown are waiting for them to start all the chants and songs.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Resistance part really makes one's heart sink. :(

The Club are not sensible with some RA's sensible proposals.

True Gooner

Established Member
JazzG said:

:roll:

The Aston Villa game was a terrible experience for me.
It was my first Premier league game at the staduim and the atmosphere for the most part was pathetic. All we did was moan and groan when we lost the ball.....and of course the staduim was half empty when Bendtner scored the goal...
And this is while the Villa fans were having the time of their lives..:roll:

Lets hope the next game against Reading is much better...I mean, it couldnt be worse right? :|

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom