• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I think we have a habit of massively overrating the young talent that we have at our club when in reality very very few of them actually turn out to be anything special (if at all). We haven't got a great record.

Don't need to go from one extreme to the other, someone like Guendouzi for example certainly is a class or two above anyone we've seen at the very least since Ramsey and Wilshere broke through, and those two were particularly ravaged by injuries and cockiness. Yet people love to downplay him. It can be kept realistic I think.

Reactions: Jae

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Loaning a promising wide attacker/forward to a 352 team (manager), another masterstroke , the last excellent young winger at the club we loaned to Tony f*cking Pulis.
Almost as if these loan deals are given no thought whatsoever.

Jae

Don't need to go from one extreme to the other, someone like Guendouzi for example certainly is a class or two above anyone we've seen at the very least since Ramsey and Wilshere broke through, and those two were particularly ravaged by injuries and cockiness. Yet people love to downplay him. It can be kept realistic I think.

I agree mate. I really like Guendouzi, think he's comfortably a better prospect than anyone we've had in the past 10 years, don't think we can take credit for him though! I just feel the lads coming through our academy recently haven't been Arsenal standard.

I agree mate. I really like Guendouzi, think he's comfortably a better prospect than anyone we've had in the past 10 years, don't think we can take credit for him though! I just feel the lads coming through our academy recently haven't been Arsenal standard.

There are players on same age as Guendouzi who are coming through who have big chances of making it here. Nketiah, Nelson, Willock, Sheaf, SMITH-ROWE to mention a few.

Iwobi is also on the rise and showing huge potential imo. He came from the academy.

The future are bright imo!

Mraven

I think we have a habit of massively overrating the young talent that we have at our club when in reality very very few of them actually turn out to be anything special (if at all). We haven't got a great record.
Because it’s not like we have any benchmark in Iwobi and AMN?
Nelson and Smith-Rowe is even more impressive at their age. Let’s enjoy that and be patient. 3weeks on the bench in his new bundesliga club doesn’t mean anything

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I disagree. I think there have not been many particularly adequate opportunities presented to them as of yet. The best is yet to come.

Doesn't mean I don't rate Guendouzi, but I think we're going to see a rise in Hale End prospects very soon.

Reactions: Jae

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I disagree. I think there have not been many particularly adequate opportunities presented to them as of yet. The best is yet to come.

Doesn't mean I don't rate Guendouzi, but I think we're going to see a rise in Hale End prospects very soon.
Personally why I think they're letting Ramsey go. They're clearly very high on certain prospects coming through.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Personally why I think they're letting Ramsey go. They're clearly very high on certain prospects coming through.
Well, we're also getting linked to a lot of midfielders. The latest 2 are Banega (again) and Almiron (again). I honestly don't think we need anymore, even if Ramsey leaves. We're well stocked in that area. Even if Ramsey goes, we have Özil, Mhki, Iwobi and Smith-Rowe as potential AMs, and Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi, AMN and Willock (and Elneny) as potential deeper CMs, all relatively capable of playing #6 and #8.

Sanllehi is apparently quite high on Hale End (I hope this is true) so I doubt we'll be bringing in players for the sake of it unless they are approaching marquee level. An area I'd look into regarding recruitment is LB and one of the wings. Kola can attack but can't defend and Monreal is getting old. Also, AMN is not a full-back!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Well, we're also getting linked to a lot of midfielders. The latest 2 are Banega (again) and Almiron (again). I honestly don't think we need anymore, even if Ramsey leaves. We're well stocked in that area. Even if Ramsey goes, we have Özil, Mhki, Iwobi and Smith-Rowe as potential AMs, and Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi, AMN and Willock (and Elneny) as potential deeper CMs, all relatively capable of playing #6 and #8.

Sanllehi is apparently quite high on Hale End (I hope this is true) so I doubt we'll be bringing in players for the sake of it unless they are approaching marquee level. An area I'd look into regarding recruitment is LB and one of the wings. Kola can attack but can't defend and Monreal is getting old. Also, AMN is not a full-back!
I agree that winger is the one position I'd drop the money on. Would you drop the money on Sancho?

Hopefully Joel Lopez pans out. I think those on the inside can see left back is going to be an issue, which is why Lopez was brought in this past summer. What about Sessegnon as a future left back... Would you drop the money on him?

9jagooner

You can't blame AM for not having high hopes on current crop coming through. We once had a 'golden generation' that tore up the Youth league, winning everything in sight. Exceptional talents that totally overshadow what we currently have. However asides Szczesny, Wishere and Coquelin, what happened to that team?
Frimpong, Shea, Sunu, Emmanuel Thomas, Eastmond, Bartley, all of whom were tipped for great things with the first team. In fact I dare say that asides AMN who I believe would bench both Eastmond and Frimpong, none of the current crop would replace the highly rated stars from that set.

In general, I think we should be cautious how we rate our youngsters in both directions. They are still young and their careers can go in any direction. Of course we all pray they'll do well.

I think for them to make it at Arsenal, they need to prove themselves and not for any sentimental reasons. Wilshere, Szczesny, etc were posting MOTM performances on loan and in the few opportunities they had in the first team before they cemented their places. Current youngsters need to do same

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You can't blame AM for not having high hopes on current crop coming through. We once had a 'golden generation' that tore up the Youth league, winning everything in sight. Exceptional talents that totally overshadow what we currently have. However asides Szczesny, Wishere and Coquelin, what happened to that team?
Frimpong, Shea, Sunu, Emmanuel Thomas, Eastmond, Bartley, all of whom were tipped for great things with the first team. In fact I dare say that asides AMN who I believe would bench both Eastmond and Frimpong, none of the current crop would replace the highly rated stars from that set.

In general, I think we should be cautious how we rate our youngsters in both directions. They are still young and their careers can go in any direction. Of course we all pray they'll do well.

I think for them to make it at Arsenal, they need to prove themselves and not for any sentimental reasons. Wilshere, Szczesny, etc were posting MOTM performances on loan and in the few opportunities they had in the first team before they cemented their places. Current youngsters need to do same

JET was a really good prospepct, but never had the mental aspect to do it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Think people are being a bit harsh in judgement here. He's been in Germany for a little over 5 weeks, we can't say that the idea to loan him there was a bad one after such a short time. Think he'll learn regardless under Nagelsmann so even if he doesn't play as much as we'd like it'll be a positive experience unlike Gnabry at West Brom.

HBL

Established Member
People definitely being too harsh on him!

Sancho didn't start his first Bundesliga game until yesterday did he? Takes time to earn a managers trust, looks like he is well on his way to doing that if he is having this kind of impact from the bench.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
As usual the same suspects overreact negatively to something that concerns the club. Then the same people have the cheek to criticize Arsenal Fan TV.

Sending Nelson to a club that is managed by a great attacking coach, playing in a top league and in the CL is the best loan deal we managed since we sent Wilshere to Bolton. Remember that we once sent Gnabry to freaking Tony Pulis's West Brom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom