• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

That's the way for a 19 years old.

You have to accept that he will not play, just because he is a loan from Arsenal. Of course all Arsenal fans want him to play, but if he can't enforce against players like Grifo and Belfodil, then he will not play a big role at Arsenal too at the moment.

But that's quite normal for a youngster. He had a fantastic run and all hyped him, but that's Bundesliga and you have to deliver in every game.

He will not play just because he is talented.
He still has massive weaknesses in his defensive work and has to offer more in every game - 1 or 2 good actions aren't enough on this level.
But that's quite normal for a youngster, but we have to accept it.

This is just nonsense. For starters he isn't being a chance to deliver, unless you consider 605 minutes across 18 games opportunity.

Would love to know these profound weaknesses in his defensive work, he averages 2.4 tackles per 90 which is a very good return for a attacking player and shows he is willing to do the dirty work.

1 or 2 actions a game when the majority of your minutes are sub appearances is a good return, especially given the lack of trust his team mates wrongly have in him. This remains the biggest issue to Nelson loan at Hoffenhiem. His team mates for whatever reason don't use him and it has nothing to do with ability. For the most part they're very selfish team but even then whenever Nelson does have space on the wing and the obvious pass is there they still fail to use him. Personally I think they're a very poorly coached team and I see no reason why he isn't better of coming home and getting at least same number of minutes playing on the wing for us. Its not as if there is anyone currently in his road.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not that I watch tons of German football but could it be the case that expectations are high because of what Sacho is currently doing? Also have to consider he is on loan. While he is there to help them and develop himself if the manager feels two players are at a similar level he is going to opt for the player there for the long term.

On balance he is doing well. 5 league starts, 5 sub appearances in the champions league plus another 8 substitute appearances. He wouldn't have got that here. Go out get that valuable experience and come home hopefully ready for us.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not that I watch tons of German football but could it be the case that expectations are high because of what Sacho is currently doing? Also have to consider he is on loan. While he is there to help them and develop himself if the manager feels two players are at a similar level he is going to opt for the player there for the long term.

On balance he is doing well. 5 league starts, 5 sub appearances in the champions league plus another 8 substitute appearances. He wouldn't have got that here. Go out get that valuable experience and come home hopefully ready for us.
It's not been bad IMO but I think he's been better than the likes of Belfodil and they still start over him. I'm not asking for him to play 90 mins of every game, but with Kramaric and Joelinton injured for a home game against Mainz, he couldn't at least get more than 10 mins - playing at left back no less? Trying to be even keeled about the loan but that's irritating.

Mhkis injury might prompt us to think about bringing him back but I don't think Emery wants to do that personally.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I was in favor of him staying at Hoffenheim and learn for the full season, but it got to a point now where he gets less and less chances in comparison to the already little game time he had before.

Feels like he would play as much here and might even help us big time in the search for a real winger. The upside of learning from Nagelsmann and playing a lot in Hoffenheim more and more becomes questionable by the minute right now.

PS: merry christmas to all of you who celebrate ! :)

Tom349

I want him to come home but then I see the treatment that Iwobi gets from the fans when he doesn't produce and I wonder whether it's just best to leave him in Germany for the rest of the season.

Iwobi rightfully gets criticised. He is the same player now as what he was when he first entered the team. If he didn't come through our academy no one would care for him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I want him to come home but then I see the treatment that Iwobi gets from the fans when he doesn't produce and I wonder whether it's just best to leave him in Germany for the rest of the season.

Leave him there is my opinion. Really tough to pull a guy in the middle of his education.

Bigby3

I don't think his loan is going so bad that we have to recall him. However, with Micki out for at least 6 weeks, it might be better to recall Nelson than to make a panic buy in january.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wait did I miss something? Isn’t he doing well? Did his form dry up?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Difference being Iwobi has had 3 years in the first team and improved not a jot. Think people have generally been quite patient with Iwobi. People will give Nelson time and even more so if actually develops.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If players can't cope with pressure then maybe they just don't have the mental to be successful at the highest level? How many players have we given loads of chances to only for them to amount to nothing here and end up slipping down the footballing pyramid and achieved relatively little in their careers?

Confidence and being able to cope with pressure in a young player is just as important has having the necessary technical and physical attributes in order to succeed. Coaches can do so much, if players crumble under the pressure then all the coaching in the world won't help.

If players can't cope with pressure then maybe they just don't have the mental to be successful at the highest level? How many players have we given loads of chances to only for them to amount to nothing here and end up slipping down the footballing pyramid and achieved relatively little in their careers?

Confidence and being able to cope with pressure in a young player is just as important has having the necessary technical and physical attributes in order to succeed. Coaches can do so much, if players crumble under the pressure then all the coaching in the world won't help.

Nelson moved to Germany and was scoring goals at very impressing rate before the manager stopped playing him. What makes you think he cant cope with pressure.

HBL

Established Member
Not sure, I saw he was back in London over the winter break and wasn't with Hoffenheim for their winter camp or whatever it is but that was family/private reasons. Weird though, perhaps he is injured. If he was back at Arsenal people would've heard about it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not even on the bench... is he coming home?

Bit disappointing as I wanted to see him face strong opposition but Nagelsmann obviously thinks he isn't ready to come back for some reason. I do think we should consider bringing him back, as he really should be playing football more right now, but part of me wants to see him fight for his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom