• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson (Loan)

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why?

Mkhitaryan, Nelson, Iwobi and the new winger.

You have to include Aubameyang. No matter how much people hate the idea it will happen a lot of the time. Nelson won’t make the bench most weeks.

Martinez, Nketiah, Özil/Xhaka(depending on who starts), Iwobi, Guendouzi, Monreal, Chambers/Mustafi(or new CB)

That’s probably what the bench would look like most league weekends. I’d rather he goes and plays every week than stay and play in the Europa and league cup. Obviously if he plays well he could work his way into the picture but he’ll be behind at least Iwobi from the beginning.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Loan would be good, think he needs to develop his game away from the spotlight here.

Too much pressure at Arsenal and a few bad games will have fans writing him off.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If we ensure he's going to play more in Berlin than he did at Hoffenheim it's a no brainer.

Emery had some very clear words over the last couple of days and you could hear Martinelli being a prominent first teamer whenever a chance opens up.
He'll be ahead of Reiss and the usual suspects are going to get game time as well, sadly

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Saka and Martinelli are not ahead of Nelson.

People making judgements after a couple of friendlies.

It doesn't work like that. None of them are ahead of Nketiah but there is a very good chance Nketiah will go loan. I don't think we'll loan out Martinelli so there is a good chance he gets some sub appearances and some cup starts.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Unless he'll serve as a makeweight loan to Palace in the Zaha deal he should stay & stake a claim for one of the wings.

He won't learn anything new about the Bundesliga at Hertha that he didn't at Hoffenheim.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I don't think Nelson will get much time this year, maybe just the odd cup game & a few games off the bench depending on injuries. It will probably be best for him to go on loan for another year. If he does I'd prefer it just to be a championship side or a lower PL side.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom