• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson (Out: Pure Profit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Beat that slag Romano to it.

Mokbel is undefeated when it comes to Hale End.

Seriously makes you wonder…

Heard he’s been dipping his sausage in The Hale End kitchen to get some info. ATTACK uh the Kitchan Stuf.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Most Hale End kids sign to this agency. Probably worth overpaying for a few to keep the real stars for longer. Club are obviously comfortable with the partnership.

Same agency has Balogun and they’ll sort a move out for him this summer.

Yeah this agent is decent, managed to get Balogun a fat 40k a week contract without ever playing a senior game.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Most Hale End kids sign to this agency. Probably worth overpaying for a few to keep the real stars for longer. Club are obviously comfortable with the partnership.

Same agency has Balogun and they’ll sort a move out for him this summer.
So essentially Jorge Mendes deal, my star will stay with you if you take care of my other player. It’s one thing to be held ransom by Jorge Mendes, but Sami Molbels boy?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah this agent is decent, managed to get Balogun a fat 40k a week contract without ever playing a senior game.
Does the same thing as well. Ran Nelson’s down to the last week of his deal and sorted an extension before his Hoffenheim loan. Ran Balogun’s deal down to the last six months and got him big wages. Obviously drags the Saka talks out until he bends the club over.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Why are so many excited by this? Another move that will ultimately hold the club back imo.
He's more talented & has a higher ceiling than Eddie & I reckon if he's played more regularly we will see him really kick on. He showed enough last season to show he can contribute.

Bit concerned about his injury record - he seems to be out injured a lot for his age.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We extended nketiah the same way thinking we can focus on others. 12 months later no one here rates nketiah and most would say we could do with an actual striker
That’s not why we re-signed Eddie. We did it because he showed Arteta something in the run-in the previous season.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
All of them can play on the right. Trossard, ESR and Nelson can also play in the middle.

If they extend Nelson, I assume they have a plan for all of this. Like moving ESR or Trossard to the middle when needed or permanently.

They can, but not nearly as effective.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He's more talented & has a higher ceiling than Eddie & I reckon if he's played more regularly we will see him really kick on. He showed enough last season to show he can contribute.

Bit concerned about his injury record - he seems to be out injured a lot for his age.

He's talented, but he's also 23 and shown no real consistency throughout his career. We are in a position where we need to push on now, its been too long, this feels like the window we need to absolutely nail.

Keeping ESR, and resigning Nelson don't seem like moves to take the next step imo.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If we fail to strengthen i wont be happy about this deal. He needs to produce, last chance saloon.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
That’s not why we re-signed Eddie. We did it because he showed Arteta something in the run-in the previous season.
I think that had a minor point & gave the club credence enough to make the deal appear that way. In reality we missed CL & had to re-evaluate our transfer plans. Eddie was just an easy solution. We had been linked with multiple strikers until then & tried to sign Vlahovic just 6 months prior.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think that had a minor point & gave the club credence enough to make the deal appear that way. In reality we missed CL & had to re-evaluate our transfer plans. Eddie was just an easy solution. We had been linked with multiple strikers until then & tried to sign Vlahovic just 6 months prior.
Even if that were the case, it wasn’t a bad deal. Eddie helped keep us afloat, especially in the first few games after the WC without Jesus.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
He's talented, but he's also 23 and shown no real consistency throughout his career. We are in a position where we need to push on now, its been too long, this feels like the window we need to absolutely nail.

Keeping ESR, and resigning Nelson don't seem like moves to take the next step imo.
I'm not saying you're wrong, I just think we have so much to do in positions which are in greater need (RB, RCB, MF x 2), we're never gonna do what Chelsea do, so we find solutions within.

I'm fine with giving him an opportunity tbh. I hope he grasps it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah it was the cheaper option. But a deal that would always become pain in the butt in the future. Which is why I thought they would learn from it and not do the same with Nelson. Arteta didn’t even give him start last game with nothing to play for and sadly I can see Saka being run to the ground next season because he doesn’t rate Nelson

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Yeah it was the cheaper option. But a deal that would always become pain in the butt in the future. Which is why I thought they would learn from it and not do the same with Nelson. Arteta didn’t even give him start last game with nothing to play for and sadly I can see Saka being run to the ground next season because he doesn’t rate Nelson
Tbh I tend to agree with you. I think Nelson's affinity with the club has swayed him (along with the cash), but I can't help but think Brighton would have been a smarter move.

I just hope this doesn't become another AMN situation.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Talented players of this level cost like 20-30 million. Selling ESR now after his injury ridden season would not fetch value for his talent and what he showed earlier in EPL. Nelson would be lost for free.

Do you realize how much getting two players like this would cost, with no promises they can do it in EPL instantly or ever? And they would need to adjust to the tactics etc.

To me it looks clear that the club focuses on midfield this window, and can sell these players once they have given the youth a chance. People here cry for not giving own youth a chance, and now they cry when they do. :lol:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Talented players of this level cost like 20-30 million. Selling ESR now after his injury ridden season would not fetch value for his talent and what he showed earlier in EPL. Nelson would be lost for free.

Do you realize how much getting two players like this would cost, with no promises they can do it in EPL instantly or ever? And they would need to adjust to the tactics etc.

To me it looks clear that the club focuses on midfield this window, and can sell these players once they have given the youth a chance. People here cry for not giving own youth a chance, and now they cry when they do.

But we don't really need two players like this? We have Martinelli and Trossard. We need a RW or, another striker so Jesus can play RW when needed.

I like Nelson, i hope he succeeds here, same as ESR, but i feel we need to move beyond them this window or risk getting caught up by the other big PL clubs again.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

To me it looks clear that the club focuses on midfield this window, and can sell these players once they have given the youth a chance. People here cry for not giving own youth a chance, and now they cry when they do. :lol:
Esr value won’t increase by not playing. We been here before with so many young players. I still remember us turning down 8 million for bendtner many years ago, barely play him and see him leave for free. Where is the minutes for esr and Nelson gonna come from? We not in Europa league you can rotate group stage

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

But we don't really need two players like this? We have Martinelli and Trossard. We need a RW or, another striker so Jesus can play RW when needed.

I like Nelson, i hope he succeeds here, same as ESR, but i feel we need to move beyond them this window or risk getting caught up by the other big PL clubs again.
The plan can also be to have good depth, as Nelson and ESR have both been injured a lot. They might count them as "one player" because of it. Then they might buy someone like Simons on top of it, who as a 20-year old would likely be happy to compete with the others at Arsenal, and the one with best form will play the most at any time.

The point for me is the midfield needing a lot of funds. Rice alone is ~100 million.

It's pretty ridiculous to realize that Arsenal scored only 6 goals less than City with this young squad.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The plan can also be to have good depth, as Nelson and ESR have both been injured a lot. They might count them as "one player" because of it. Then they might buy someone like Simons on top of it, who as a 20-year old would likely be happy to compete with the others, and the one with best form will play the most at any time.

The point for me is the midfield needing a lot of funds. Rice alone is 100 million.

So raise those funds by selling ESR who is 3rd choice in his best position. Save Nelsons wage and give Salibas agent a larger signing on bonus or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom