• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson (Out: Pure Profit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Please post your sources.
from the press conference

on team news:
We had some issues this week - well, in the last few weeks - as you’ve noticed, some players were unable to play and to participate in the games, with Reiss. We have a little issue with Bukayo, which has been going on, and with Leo [Trossard]. The rest I think are going to be fine. Alex [Zinchenko] is still out. William is still out. Tomiyasu is still out. Elneny is still out. There are a few that are not available but the rest are all good.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lol, tbf Saka and Martinelli have like the most successful dribbles in the PL last time I checked.
Prime example of stats not being everything. Pepe used to have decent dribbling too tbf.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I’m fine with the extension if Mikel actually uses him. Went back into the doghouse after scoring that winner. Has looked positive in every cameo this season. Can play both flanks probably better than Vieira/ESR.

Seems Saka/Martinelli/Trossard/Nelson as our wingers next season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Would people be happy if the club chooses to extend Nelson, and get someone like Simons who can play in the middle and wings? Is that enough with Trossard? Arsenal did score only 6 goals less than City last season, and that's some serious feat.

I mean this question in regards if Arsenal get Rice, and some other top midfielder like Caicedo. Or someone a bit cheaper.

Personally I see improving the midfield much more important. And it's not easy to get very good older players to compete with Saka, Martinelli and Trossard. They usually want more guarantees of game-time, which can affect the dressing room if that doesn't happen. And they are very expensive.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Saves us money by letting us focus on going big on the midfield and defensive depth. In the summer of 2024 we can look to retool the attack if needed.

Need to see if we’re actually going to use funds for the areas you mention, other wise we’ve given a big contract to an injury prone player who hasn’t shown he’s a top 6 player.

I hope I’m wrong though as I’d like Reiss to really make an impact.

Reactions: A_G

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Saves us money by letting us focus on going big on the midfield and defensive depth. In the summer of 2024 we can look to retool the attack if needed.

We extended nketiah the same way thinking we can focus on others. 12 months later no one here rates nketiah and most would say we could do with an actual striker

drippin

Yeah, buying a talent like Nelson will cost at least 20-30 million with no promises.

And he is already adjusted to everything, ready to explode if that ever happens truly. But the potential is there and some promising signs. He is also very versatile.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Need to see if we’re actually going to use funds for the areas you mention, other wise we’ve given a big contract to an injury prone player who hasn’t shown he’s a top 6 player.

I hope I’m wrong though as I’d like Reiss to really make an impact.

Also, a player who is best on the LW. The same as Martinelli, Trossard and ESR, all four of them are best playing off the left.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saka has the best agent in the world. Man got 100k for nketiah and Nelson just because Arsenal are too lazy to sign someone else and use false economy it’s cheaper just to pay backup players who will rarely play crazy money
Most Hale End kids sign to this agency. Probably worth overpaying for a few to keep the real stars for longer. Club are obviously comfortable with the partnership.

Same agency has Balogun and they’ll sort a move out for him this summer.

drippin

Also, a player who is best on the LW. The same as Martinelli, Trossard and ESR, all four of them are best playing off the left.
All of them can play on the right. Trossard, ESR and Nelson can also play in the middle.

If they extend Nelson, I assume they have a plan for all of this. Like moving ESR or Trossard to the middle when needed or permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom