• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes Golden Boot??

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Cant see titi gettin so many this year im afraid but i will be more than happy if Reyes ways in with 15-20 in all competitions & Robert maintains his good ratio & Freddie is always good 4 a fair amount. I also think Den will chip in with a few more this year so overall we will be more than ok. Hey maybe even the odd RVP header for a little variety would be nice too :lol: yeah i think we will be fine injuries permitting, & titi will still get us 20 in the prem which is more than adequate. pennant may even get a couple tho i aint holding my breath :eek: SWP would have be nice instead, wonder if keegan would take a few mill & pennant for him? He seems 2 have a great attitude & im sure his pa would b happy if he came 2 us. Wishful thinkin but hey we all dream!

juz7_pi12es

SWP would have be nice instead, wonder if keegan would take a few mill & pennant for him? He seems 2 have a great attitude & im sure his pa would b happy if he came 2 us.

uhm i'll say..
let's give pennant a chance 1st
he's not that bad, he's doing superb as far as i'm concern
if SWP come to Arsenal, still he need to compete with our fabulous FL8

Split

Reyes will sore 18 EPL goals this season.

I've seen the future.... and it's reyes shaped!!

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
uhm i'll say..

Yey maybe ur right but i still cant help feelin he cud be a bad apple & coz he was apparently seen in ash's car im worried he may be a less than great influence on ash :shock: . I just hope hes not only puttin in LONG overdue effort now just to secure an improved contract & then starts playin up when he thinks hes 'made it' After seeing him on football diaries i couldnt help but make comparisons with dyer attitude wise & that really concerned me.
From what i can gather the attitude & spirit we have is second to none, but the old adage of one bad apple ruining the bunch is often true!

I dont want to crucify the kid but it will take more than a few months effort 2 convince me hes changed thats all.
That said hes an undouted talent, hopefully the pennys dropped long term, Ash & the rest of the boys are a good influence on him & he goes on to be a great success at highbury & the grove.
All the best 4 him & as u say lets give him a chance 1st.

Id still take SWP instead though :lol:

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
juz7_pi12es said:
SWP would have be nice instead, wonder if keegan would take a few mill & pennant for him? He seems 2 have a great attitude & im sure his pa would b happy if he came 2 us.

uhm i'll say..
he's not that bad, he's doing superb as far as i'm concern
if SWP come to Arsenal, still he need to compete with our fabulous FL8
That's what I'm thinking. Pennant's changed, and he deserves his chance. His ability is not in doubt, so let the kid play, if he's convinced AW that this is a permenant change in attitude.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
Reyes will not win the golden boot this season. his finishing is not ruthless at all. he still misses too many scoring chances. henry, dennis, freddie and bobby are more ruthless in front of goal than reyes is in my opinion. the thing about him is that he causes so many problems for the defence that he has to take one of his chances over the course of the game. Arsène will polish his finishing though. in a couple of years he will probably be a contender for the golden boot, just not now.

patrick42uk

Established Member
gunnertilldeath said:
Reyes will not win the golden boot this season. his finishing is not ruthless at all. he still misses too many scoring chances. henry, dennis, freddie and bobby are more ruthless in front of goal than reyes is in my opinion. the thing about him is that he causes so many problems for the defence that he has to take one of his chances over the course of the game. Arsène will polish his finishing though. in a couple of years he will probably be a contender for the golden boot, just not now.

agreed, there is too much of a 'wide-man getting into scoring positions' about him. his finishing still needs polishing and i think his overall performances still need more consistency. the good thing is both come with age, and at 20/21, he has all the time in the world.

johe

I picture Reyes as kind of a confidence-player, and I can see him scoring a lot of goals in a row, then go on a dry patch only to score again in an important game and start bagging goals for fun a couple of matches. I can see him scoring 10-15 PL goals, and quite alot of FA cup and CL goals.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
johe said:
I picture Reyes as kind of a confidence-player, and I can see him scoring a lot of goals in a row, then go on a dry patch only to score again in an important game and start bagging goals for fun a couple of matches. I can see him scoring 10-15 PL goals, and quite alot of FA cup and CL goals.
Johe, but the thing is that a strikers game is based on confidence. Without it they struggle. They may try,but if you have a bad run you start to doubt yourself and won't do things you normally would. This is also the case in other position, but it is less prominent.

Femaiden

I think there is no chance of Reyes winning the golden boot. First, he's going to be fighting for a spot in the team - especially when Pires is fully fit. Secondly, we're not really going to score massively more than last season anyway, it just doesn't happen. So in my opinion it's more likely that he'll actually reduce Henry and Pires' totals. Even though that might mean no Arsenal player winning the golden boot, it's still a very good thing. The more the goals are shared around, the lesser the impact of an an injury to a key player.

I'll happily swap Golden Boots and Player of the Year awards for proper silverware.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Femaiden said:
I think there is no chance of Reyes winning the golden boot. First, he's going to be fighting for a spot in the team - especially when Pires is fully fit. Secondly, we're not really going to score massively more than last season anyway, it just doesn't happen. So in my opinion it's more likely that he'll actually reduce Henry and Pires' totals. Even though that might mean no Arsenal player winning the golden boot, it's still a very good thing. The more the goals are shared around, the lesser the impact of an an injury to a key player.

I'll happily swap Golden Boots and Player of the Year awards for proper silverware.
We've been getting proper silverware consistantly for the last few years. I just hope this continues while also improving and getting more trophies, i.e CL.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is he wllowed to be a contender for both the young player of the year, and the normal one?

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom