• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ricky Álvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_rwr

Established Member
I'm not sure if this is even a "rumour" anymore since it's doing the rounds on Twitter and sounds like we will officially be signing him. Apparently Fox Sports has reported it and every Twitter page associated with Arsenal is now reporting it as well.

For example: http://twitter.com/#!/darrenarsenal1

Fox Sports are claiming Velez's Ricky Alvarez has signed for "England's Arsenal" ....

Sounds like he's a 6'2" attacking midfielder (of course) who has run down his contract and we'll be picking him up. Plays for Velez Sarsfield who are currently first place in the Argentine Primiera Divison.

Other than this Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Gabriel_Álvarez, I know literally nothing about him.

Floating

Established Member
Re: Ricky Alvarez

Here's a YouTube compilation of him:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOYCKI3q7mA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOYCKI3q7mA</a>

Seems to have good pace and acceleration and a decent finisher too. His build and roaming, penetrative style remind me of Kaka a bit.

Floating

Established Member

More info from Twitter:

@ArgentinaFW
For those asking, Ricky Alvarez is a dynamic, speedy, skillful attacking midfielder. He has blossomed this season with Velez.

@Simply_Juan
it could be said that Alvarez alongside Lamela and Rodriguez are the three top products in Argie ball. Light years ahead of the rest.

There is light

Ricky signs for arsenal!!

Well never heard about this lad. Gem in the rough or rough in the jam ? :mrgreen:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

So this is the "big early signing" that was rumoured?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Hate to be so unoriginal, but 'who'? Also, how would such a player be eligible for a work permit? From what I can find he's not played for his NT. Unless he has dual-citizenship.

Floating

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
Hate to be so unoriginal, but 'who'? Also, how would such a player be eligible for a work permit? From what I can find he's not played for his NT. Unless he has dual-citizenship.

On one of the YouTube compilations, it said he was half Italian. But getting info from YouTube compilations is really grasping at straws :lol:

Sottobosco

Oh Yes I'm excited about this rumour. A very classy player but no idea where he would play at Arsenal.

Vélez play 4-5-1, Álvarez moving between lines. Definetely not a creator. Impressed with his accelration.

Assume he has Italian passport?

dave_rwr

Established Member

23AndreyArshavin said:
I have a feeling that Fox News has cocked this up and meant the Argentine Arsenal :lol:

Most sources are specifically saying the "English Arsenal". Not to mention that would mean him leaving the 1st placed Argentine team to the 17th.

Reports do also say that he has an Italian passport so a work permit wouldn't be an issue.

Floating

Established Member

Football journo Joel Richards, based in Buenos Aires, just said:

@joel_richards
Ricky Alvarez to Arsenal, on a free? Absolute coup for gunners.

Apparently he's been brilliant for Velez all season and is really blossoming into a top attacking talent - there are demands for him to get called to the NT as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Tim Vickery will defo shed some light on this later tonight on the BBC's World Football phone in. On a free too im reading?

There is light

Floating said:
Football journo Joel Richards, based in Buenos Aires, just said:

@joel_richards
Ricky Alvarez to Arsenal, on a free? Absolute coup for gunners.

Yup, most who have knowledge about him reckon he's one of the biggest talent in argentina and could have been playing for the NT.. BUT his progress was stalled by a nasty INJURY. 6'2 is good though, we'll need him at set pieces, taller than all our defenders bar djourou. ;D

Floating

Established Member

Still all this hubbub on Twitter and not a single link, even to the original Fox Soccer story... :?

dave_rwr

Established Member

My understanding is that the original Fox Soccer story was on TV, not online.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

It normally don't take long for these stories to go round on internet does it?

Is this a hoax? Even the youtube compilation was created yesterday only

Sottobosco

Mentioned on FoxSports Twitter.

Ricky Alvarez habría firmado ya un precontrato con el Arsenal de Arsène Wenger

Yaya

Established Member

Another youtube vid of him.(15minutes long)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeSIgyfG1sc&feature=player_embedded#at=93" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeSIgyfG ... dded#at=93</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom