• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's a tryer and at least we should double our money on him. Hope he does well for the rest of the season and then bye bye.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's a tryer and at least we should double our money on him. Hope he does well for the rest of the season and then bye bye.
I'd keep him for a few more seasons. He's not done badly at all, and there is no reason to give up on young prospects just so quickly.

VancouverCanuck

Thought he was too slow in blocking the cross on the first goal. No communications (not just his faults) on the 2nd.

We are shambles defensively . Hard to evaluate the youngsters at this point. New manager coming in will do better.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's hard to assess him too precisely this season. He's played 640 minutes in the league and always seem to come in for a game and then go back to the bench. Obviously he hasn't had the seamless trajectory upwards from the end of last season, but it's hard to assess him either way. You can't say he won't make it, but you can't definitively say he will. He needs to go out on loan so he can play every week and then we'll learn more about him.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He must improve his aggression ala Chambers if he is to ever become a top class defender. Just seems too timid to me.

nick gould

He must improve his aggression ala Chambers if he is to ever become a top class defender. Just seems too timid to me.
My sentiments exactly. Apart from Per, he is the tallest of our central defenders but doesn’t seem to win enough headers. In fact, he made morata look like a monster in the air earlier on in the season. Mustafi always make morata his *****. Love or hate Mustafi is quite aggressive. That’s who he should be learning from.

Stannis

Mavraponas picked ahead of him today. (all the best to him)

anyone know if Holding is carrying an injury?

It will be sad if they are planning on getting rid of in the summer. I feel he has showed more in his short career then chambers.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm not entirely surprised Holding has started to become the odd one out in our pool of younger CBs tbh.

Even though I thoroughly enjoyed his performances last season and like his character, I don't feel he's got much going for him in terms of physique or technique. And while there is also a mental side to the game where he might be stronger, I still feel he's got less tools in his box than the likes of Chambers and Mavropanos do. Calum has a maturity to his game and some decent technique, while Mavropanos looks like a proper unit with some surprisingly good feet too.

I can see one of these three leaving in the summer to make room for a more established figure, and I think Holding is the one that will make way. I think he can come good, but at some point you have to put your eggs in a basket and I like the look of the other ones a bit more.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
loan it is then. dont think we should sell him yet, cause talent is there. we wouldnt be getting much, while swnsing him on loan might only do us good.

Aevi

Hale End FC
loan it is then. dont think we should sell him yet, cause talent is there. we wouldnt be getting much, while swnsing him on loan might only do us good.
My reason for suggesting selling is because we need the funds, and I do think we can get a decent fee. I'd try to fit some sort of buy-back clause in there though, because the guy does have something about him.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
My reason for suggesting selling is because we need the funds, and I do think we can get a decent fee. I'd try to fit some sort of buy-back clause in there though, because the guy does have something about him.
we got him for peanuts, but he surely is worth a decent fee in todays market, being English helps, always.
now, if our budget is really that tight and we need every penny, I would understand selling him for a decent fee, but personally I would love him to stay. he is one of the favorites in the locker room, is English and has nice skillset for a modern Cb. think we have better ways of getting needed money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom