• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Robinho

Evil Dragon

Dont know if this is old or new but was looking around on some footy message boards and found this...

Yeah I got pretty excited about this so Ive just been searchin on google and its taken me ages but i managed to find some sites, unfortunately they were all in portuguese, but ive translated them on the net. Looks like Robinho is pratically a done deal.

June 5 2004 12:17:49

The saints coach Leao of Emerson revealed that promising striker Robinho will finish a move to Arsenal before of begins from the English station in August.

The Leao said "there is interest of a number of them equip by everybody, but Robinho has indicated Arsenal is the team he likes the majority of as unite. It was a lot enthuiastic about be capable of associate for top with Henry of Thierry, a player that he admires big."

The Robinho was an instrumental figure in success of the Saints this station, close by Ribas of Diego of playmaker of midfield, who also is position unite the English charge of prime minister. The situation will be interesting, as Robinho and Diego they have a boa friendship, but Diego will join the rival well mortals of Arsenal, Hotspur of Tottenham, in July delayed.

Adam

Established Member
Great work. Interesting. Robinho is a right winger i believe, and has great potential. Is there any work permit/passport problems anticipated?

Diego had an Italian passport, so his move to Sp**s was always more valid.

If Wenger pulled Robinho out - it truly would be a shocking move. Likely that is from Tribal Football though!

Mark

Established Member
I thought he played upfront, but if he is a right winger that could be even more useful. The fact that we haven't heard any rumours about it on any English sites actually gives me more hope that it's true since Wenger usually keeps things like this quiet. I hope we get him, he could be great.

Adam

Established Member
Coach Emerson Leao says that striker Robinho "dribbles better than Pele" and playmaker Diego "co-ordinates the attack better than Zico."

They also have Alex, Renato and Elano who have ability. I am sure Wenger is aware of what is down there, but there are things permitting him making moves for certain players (Juan, Paulinho, Gilberto and Edu all had a way of getting here).

patrick42uk

Established Member
great signing he would be, but i'm sure he is a striker. but he is pretty lightweight. i'v heard he has played on the wings, but i'm sure it would have been the left wing because he is left footed

Mark

Established Member
If he is left footed, but a right winger it would actually suit our play better. It would be like our left winger Pires who is right footed.

Adam

Established Member
When i watched him - he was either drifting out to the right, or playing on the right.

thegame24

Established Member
I think mark is right, it suits our style better since we dont really need quick crosses.

I think hes a great player for the future, wouldnt mind him.

only seen him play in that ronaldo XI v Zidane XI charity match but heard lots about his stepovers in 4-4-2 mag. would be gr8 young talent along with reyes,rvp,ali,cesc,clichy etc. but better wait for more reliable source

Denish

He's a striker but he's quite similar to Henry in that he plays from very deep and drifts out to the wings. His main asset is his dribbling and hasnt got much of a head on him either, again like Titi.

Anyone resembling our Thierry is ok in my books! :D

patrick42uk

Established Member
i'v heard he is a good crosser of the ball too.

anyways, didnt we get linked to some brazilian keeper recently which was supposedly a done deal too? there are probably two things that can be drawn from both speculations. the first is that brazilian journalists are as inventive as their european counterparts. the second is that we are getting more widely recognised if the top young talent in brazil are getting linked to us.

Sigun

he sounds great, but we dont really need any more strikers do we?
he would be great as a winger

A.Hussain

Evil Dragon said:
Dont know if this is old or new but was looking around on some footy message boards and found this...

Yeah I got pretty excited about this so Ive just been searchin on google and its taken me ages but i managed to find some sites, unfortunately they were all in portuguese, but ive translated them on the net. Looks like Robinho is pratically a done deal.

The saints coach Leao of Emerson revealed that promising striker Robinho will finish a move to Arsenal before of begins from the English station in August.

The Leao said "there is interest of a number of them equip by everybody, but Robinho has indicated Arsenal is the team he likes the majority of as unite. It was a lot enthuiastic about be capable of associate for top with Henry of Thierry, a player that he admires big."

The Robinho was an instrumental figure in success of the Saints this station, close by Ribas of Diego of playmaker of midfield, who also is position unite the English charge of prime minister. The situation will be interesting, as Robinho and Diego they have a boa friendship, but Diego will join the rival well mortals of Arsenal, Hotspur of Tottenham, in July delayed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylc=X ... &type=lgns

i did a little bit of scouting of my own and found this site. it shows that the coach actually resigned in early may. the article u post shows a dating of june. unless we signed robinho sometime before may, i am finding believing this article a little difficult.

sorry for the skepticism, but i find this a little too good to be true.

lewdikris

Established Member
So do i in all honesty. All i could find about Robinho coming to Arsenal was a load of Championship Manager sights with people saying 'buy him'... which ain't exactly a rumour!

arsenal4life

A.Hussain said:
Evil Dragon said:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylc=X ... &type=lgns

i did a little bit of scouting of my own and found this site. it shows that the coach actually resigned in early may. the article u post shows a dating of june. unless we signed robinho sometime before may, i am finding believing this article a little difficult.

sorry for the skepticism, but i find this a little too good to be true.

it's only one month old
and if Robinho is a done deal
it could be before that month

Sigun

this is guy is great, but would there be work permit problems, has be played for Brazil?

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom