• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rodrigo Moreno

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Arteta creating the Spanish Armada. Be great when he signs Pepe Reina, Mari, Arbeloa and Fabregas. Maybe he can tempt Torres out of retirement?..

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
He's hardworking and has a solid drive combined with fine technique.

His 9 assist in 21 games this season is second most in La Liga although only scored twice, he's not really their focal point for scoring either though. Unless we plan on using him as a winger I don't see it. And even then I think he's too old/too expensive.

Had he been a few years younger and perhaps a bit cheaper I think he could've had a similar impact and eventual status such as Monreal, Arteta and Cazorla.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

For 40-50m which is what’s quoted, we could get Dembele instead. Hard pass.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I think there is a good chance we sell Laca and bring in a someone who can play as winger or as a striker, and not a young one since we are stacked with talents there. Rodrigo, Volland...something like that

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm kinda unsure about this guy, he seems like someone who has plenty of talent but he's been unable to go up to that next level. He's been hyped about for so long and now he's 29 and still at Valencia. Major red flag, and for anywhere near the price being talked about it'd be a horrendous investment imo.

There's much better, cheaper, younger players out there. Unless Arteta is absolutely adamant this is the guy he needs to work in his system, I'd stay well clear. At the end of the day Arteta should get the final say, only he'll know which players are suited for what he wants.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I'm kinda unsure about this guy, he seems like someone who has plenty of talent but he's been unable to go up to that next level. He's been hyped about for so long and now he's 29 and still at Valencia. Major red flag, and for anywhere near the price being talked about it'd be a horrendous investment imo.

There's much better, cheaper, younger players out there. Unless Arteta is absolutely adamant this is the guy he needs to work in his system, I'd stay well clear. At the end of the day Arteta should get the final say, only he'll know which players are suited for what he wants.

But but Rodrigo's agent might be a pal of Raul.

Shalmaneser V

If we’re going to sign a forward this summer. It has to be one of Edouard, David or Jovic for me.

I like this player but Valencia will ask for up to 50M. For his age and what he’ll bring don’t think it’s worth it.

truth_hurts

This would be a pathetic signing. People turning their noses up at 28 year old Coutinho, but considering this failure. True he can sing to Arteta in the same language though.

Mertens or Fraser would be much smarter wide options. I'd cry if Rodrigo was a genuine option to replace one of our CFs. He's just a decent player.

yybecause

That's how a lot of class players get looked at. If they are not at a big club before their late 20's clubs usually think "There must be a younger version".

You can't teach experience, and it was just yesterday I ended up in a chat about Diego Milito. How he was overlooked thru his career, always talked about but kinda got older without big transfer. Inter took a shot and they got the best striker on the planet at that time. Literally won them everything back then.

With Martinelli, Nelson, Saka, Rowe, Willock and Eddie (player who play front lines) I think it would be risky to go for another young player, and in theory not a best move. We need more balance in our squad, and we need some proven quality there

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That's how a lot of class players get looked at. If they are not at a big club before their late 20's clubs usually think "There must be a younger version".

You can't teach experience, and it was just yesterday I ended up in a chat about Diego Milito. How he was overlooked thru his career, always talked about but kinda got older without big transfer. Inter took a shot and they got the best striker on the planet at that time. Literally won them everything back then.

With Martinelli, Nelson, Saka, Rowe, Willock and Eddie (player who play front lines) I think it would be risky to go for another young player, and in theory not a best move. We need more balance in our squad, and we need some proven quality there

Yeah fair enough, but even looking at Rodrigo's career at Valencia. I mean he's scored 33 goals in 135 appearances. This season he has 9 assists in 21 league games which is decent enough but there's nothing special about him. There's nothing that makes me think he'll add serious quality to take our attack up a level.

I mean with Milito Inter were signing a player who was proven scorer. He had proven that at Genoa and it was low risk for them. He did the job for a season or two and then declined after that. Are we in a position where we can afford to spend such money on a guy like Rodrigo who's not really done a lot, he's not a proven scorer, his assist record is ok, he's nothing special. Given our financial situation, how we're struggling to get into the top 6 nevermind competing for the top 4. Where we'll probably have to be clever about our transfer business this summer. It seems like something which could end up being pretty costly if it doesn't work out. Inter in 2009 had won 3 league titles in a row, had a pretty good squad with a world class manager at his peak. Milito, Eto'o, etc helped them improve what was already a good team to get to CL winning status. Nothing we could possibly do this summer is gonna take us into title contention, we're probably not even competing for the top 4 next season being brutally honest about it. The last thing we need is a guy near 30 who'll take up a chunk of our budget flopping and setting us back even further.

truth_hurts

This transfer would annoy me almost as much as a Lingard one. The only reason that I'm taking this semi seriously is because he's Spanish.

Does he even start for Spain? Their striking options aren't exactly stacked these days with a past it Costa, Morata and Alcacer.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He impressed me somewhat in the meetings against Chelsea, must be said. But i also member that he choked a couple of opportunities to win the second game for them. Dont know more than that really

yybecause

Yeah fair enough, but even looking at Rodrigo's career at Valencia. I mean he's scored 33 goals in 135 appearances. This season he has 9 assists in 21 league games which is decent enough but there's nothing special about him. There's nothing that makes me think he'll add serious quality to take our attack up a level.

I mean with Milito Inter were signing a player who was proven scorer. He had proven that at Genoa and it was low risk for them. He did the job for a season or two and then declined after that. Are we in a position where we can afford to spend such money on a guy like Rodrigo who's not really done a lot, he's not a proven scorer, his assist record is ok, he's nothing special. Given our financial situation, how we're struggling to get into the top 6 nevermind competing for the top 4. Where we'll probably have to be clever about our transfer business this summer. It seems like something which could end up being pretty costly if it doesn't work out. Inter in 2009 had won 3 league titles in a row, had a pretty good squad with a world class manager at his peak. Milito, Eto'o, etc helped them improve what was already a good team to get to CL winning status. Nothing we could possibly do this summer is gonna take us into title contention, we're probably not even competing for the top 4 next season being brutally honest about it. The last thing we need is a guy near 30 who'll take up a chunk of our budget flopping and setting us back even further.

Well, first of all I don't agree with unpopular opinion on here, that we are so far away from competing, yet alone top4 that even with this squad we must go for without ANY doubts can we do it.

I am not talking Rodrigo in particular here, nor would I discuss the price no one can guess.
when it comes to our front line, striker, wingers and Am (if we play that way like we do now), that is 4 positions where we atm have 3 experienced players.
Özil, Laca, Auba. And we also have Saka, Martinelli, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Willock (said to be playing AM), and Pepe who is 23.

Auba or Laca or Özil, one will leave, possibly two.
No matter which way you look at it, to bring in another young player would be a disaster.

Now thing about Rodrigo and Milito, since I mentioned him.
Milito was always a goalscorer, but not even that got him a big club until he was 30. Even then, lots of people still questioned him, even though he singlehandedly won Inter half of their matches.
He didnt decline until he got to age for that, it was only Inter going completely **** after winning it all, mess caused by Jose.

Rodrigo on the other hand, is and never was a pure goalscorer, it's not his main thing. but cause of his style and age keep underrating him, and many more, for non football reasons, but pure numbers, stats, things that can only tell you so much.

the whole point I am trying to make is that players in late 20's without huge club behind or big transfer, will always be questioned, but it probably does them well, always keeping them on their toes and hungry, and every team needs some of those, and less of these fake stars just cause they had some hig transfers and fancy style to attract attention.
Milito's, Cambiasso's, Lehmann's, that's what's needed to win, not 100 millions and yet another kid

truth_hurts

Rodrigo is not Diego Millito. He is an average Spaniard. The sort of signing that would confine us to mid-table mediocrity for years.

First Ceballos, now Mari and the Rodrigo link. We need to be more creative. I like Ceballos though to be fair but he's Emery so we can ignore that Arteta can not get much of a tune out of a young midfielder with Spanish caps.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom