• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rubén de la Red

mccroix

Re: Ruben de la Red linked

haven't seen him for some time..has he really turned into such a good player? I only remember some performances in his very early days at Real. Wasn't that special then

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Well FWIW, he scored a cracking goal at Euro 2008 in the group match against Greece. I've seen a bit of him, looks good player but I'm not sure about the price. £15m might be a bit steep.

qs

Established Member

According to Spanish newspaper Marca, Aston Villa have made a £9.4million offer for Real Madrid midfielder Ruben de la Red. The Spain international has been offered a four-year contract, with Real coach Bernd Schuster yet to make a decision on his future.

Goons AFC

Interesting. Wonder how he would fit into their plans if Barry stayed, having already gotten Sidwell (granted a year off footy, but a great player the year before for Reading).

banduan

Established Member

This is one on my anti-wish list. Was awful at EURO anyways.

asajoseph

Established Member

So we're currently preparing bids for:

Veloso
Alonso
De La Red
Barry
Inler

Oh for goodness' sake...

Rohit

Established Member

asajoseph said:
So we're currently preparing bids for:

Veloso
Alonso
De La Red
Barry
Inler

Oh for goodness' sake...

Wenger has made it easier for the press by admitting we are in the market for an experienced/ quality midfielder.

qs

Established Member

Well if we get any of them it'll be a step up from what we have now.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Is he really? I reckon we could do without him tbh.
I wouldn't complain, but I would be very suprised should this happen.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Imagine if we dont get none of the players on that shortlist?
not really hard to imagine, TBH.. its a distinct possibility/probability

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

I wouldn't be particularly surprised if we don't end up signing any of the players on that list.

number_0

Established Member

well inler is 20% probebly, but the other names i think we have no chance/need of signing.

optimism aside, i think bishoff will battle it out with denilson for the 'spot next to cesc' as diaby will be handed a 40 game ban by blatter.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

lol, well ol' bischy wont be ready to start fighting for a place for a few months yet apparently

Jameel46

Established Member

think that none of them on that list have the aggression needed to be the ball winner (which is what we need, not a holding midfielder)

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom