• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ruben Neves

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I know its a **** source, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's who we would target as a Xhaka replacement.

What's the consensus on Neves?
Expensive and not as good as some people think. Would improve us though. And has a much better shot than Thomas though that wouldn't be hard.

akhil

I know its a **** source, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's who we would target as a Xhaka replacement.

Would want him over Bissouma, Ødegaard or Buendia honestly. Him and Partey instantly make us top 6. A good right back and we'd have an excellent starting 11.

Ideally I'd want Neves and Bissouma, and bring back Willock. Go for a complete overhaul of the midfield this window. I'd even put up with Chambers and Cedric at RB for a whole season to get both of them.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Xhaka is better, but if we're going like for like we're not gonna be getting someone better than Xhaka as it'd most likely either be Neves or that Berge geezer. We could go a slightly different profile like Bissouma, but Arteta seems to see Xhaka as integral so it'd make sense we'd go for a similar profile. Neves ain't really anything special. Guess he'd do a job.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka is better, but if we're going like for like we're not gonna be getting someone better than Xhaka as it'd most likely either be Neves or that Berge geezer. We could go a slightly different profile like Bissouma, but Arteta seems to see Xhaka as integral so it'd make sense we'd go for a similar profile. Neves ain't really anything special. Guess he'd do a job.

My hunch is Joan Jordan, I can imagine them going for him. Buying a player from Wolves? Dunno, doesn't feel very Arsenal, does it. CM is really weird, the reliable Arsenal journalists haven't really linked us to anyone, we don't even know what profile the club wants.

I get Zaha vibes from Bissouma. Like he's probably on the club's list but all the noise is being generated by the fans and the player's own camp.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Neves looked quality for Wolves, like a better version of Xhaka...so would be happy to sign him.

Why are Wolves selling him though?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People odon't want Neves but want Bissouma but forgetting both styles are very similar. They don't add much offensively but they good in possession and carrying the ball maybe Bissouma have more agility than Neves and Neves better than Bissouma on long balls set pieces

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Neves looked quality for Wolves, like a better version of Xhaka...so would be happy to sign him.

Why are Wolves selling him though?
He willing to leave by sound of it. The Athletic said that wolves will ask between 30-35M

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We overrate Bissouma too much because of his ability to win tackles both won't add much going forward
Bissouma is great defensive midfielder....he is great at some things. Ruben is average everywhere except long distance shooting. He is slow and poor defensively. His reputation is what keep people think he is so great. There is a reason why he faltered away at Porto and no big club came for him and Mendes took him to wolves

ChefMan21

I like Neves, good age, adds another goal threat, good technical quality, proven in the league. Doesn't fill all our gaps but fills some, which seems to me the first and most basic step for achieving progress.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Bissouma is great defensive midfielder....he is great at some things. Ruben is average everywhere except long distance shooting. He is slow and poor defensively. His reputation is what keep people think he is so great. There is a reason why he faltered away at Porto and no big club came for him and Mendes took him to wolves
Neves is not average tho he was linked with utd and City not long time ago he always selected with Portugal national team he got more in his game than we know because of Nuno and wolves very defensive style he rarely allowed going forward

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Either way I'm happy we linked with many midfielders we need at least 2.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I will be gutted if we sign Ode and Neves over Buendia and Bissouma. It will be a sure sign that Mikel wants to pursue his tedious brand of 'U' football rather than injecting more pace, power and intensity into our game. I think both are decent players just not my type of players and not what our 'slothball' style of play needs in my opinion.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Partey-Neves looks like a quality midfield, ngl.

Even when Thomas leaves in January, for the tournament that shall not be named, Joe can come into the team.

Could even go 3 at the back, if you are worried about Ruben and Willock defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom