• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Bit unfair for you to put me in that category. I have been pretty positive about our summer dealings so far, even told others to lower their expectations due to Covid, and even predicted, with my heart not head, for us to get top 4. That would be considered ultra positive I think.

Agreed, you've been fantastic all window.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bit unfair for you to put me in that category. I have been pretty positive about our summer dealings so far, even told others to lower their expectations due to Covid, and even predicted, with my heart not head, for us to get top 4. That would be considered ultra positive I think.

Fair enough. Was thinking more of your repeated criticism of certain deals and general past running of things.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Fair enough. Was thinking more of your repeated criticism of certain deals and general past running of things.
Willian for 3 years is a bad deal, still I think. Obviously I’m getting a little killed since Saturday but we’ll see how it plays out. Cedric too, average player tied down at 29 for 4 years.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Willian for 3 years is a bad deal, still I think. Obviously I’m getting a little killed since Saturday but we’ll see how it plays out. Cedric too, average player tied down at 29 for 4 years.

Yeah no doubt. It's been covered now though I'd say :lol:

Malky

Established Member
From videos he looks alright, good with his feet and a decent shot stopper, nothing too special. But I see the Martinez fan club has made it's way on to this thread " Should of just kept Martinez, he looks rubbish " :facepalm:

I'm sorry but what was the legend Martinez doing at 25 years old? Going on a failed loan spell at Championship Wolves (where he was benched) then an even worse spell at Getafe.

For £1.5M it's worth taking a gamble - he either becomes a bargain or he's cheap to replace and we'd likely make a profit on him (unless he's absolutely useless )

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

The availability of videos of every player and access to transfer news constantly really is unhelpful sometimes

In years gone by you'd have no idea who Arsenal were signing for back up goalkeeper until he signed and there'd be none of this uproar

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Icelandic source saying he had a medical today, 5 year deal. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Shouldn't take long to sign him it's only 2M maximum. but of course they still haven't sold Emi yet so this won't be confirmed until next month

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If I use the Icelandic my bestie @hydrofluoric acid taught me the tweet translates to:

Rúnar Alex goes / went for a medical at Arsenal today. Should be a good salary increase, it is understood that he signed a 5-year contract with Emirates

Telur þú að þýðingin sé í lagi Vetni?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Possibly the most underwhelming signing we've made in recent times. Nothing about him makes you think he's half decent, even for a back up. Poor stats, not even a starter for the worst club in France.

Selling Martinez, I think everyone on here assumed we'd make a slightly better back up signing than this, if they're being honest.

Irrespective, I hope he proves me wrong whenever he gets a game. Nice to have an Icelandic player in the squad too, I suppose.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Having a subpar 2nd GK is a bit like having a non-hurting hemorrhoid. Sure, sometimes you have a look and get annoyed that its there, but truthfully it rarely gets seen anyway

Welcome, Runar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom