• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

One rumour said Arteta told him that he wouldn't play too many games. I wish both sides could have met in the middle but it wasn't to be. Martinez gave a class farewell speech and I wish him well.

One rumour yes, but what was the source? I remember it being bad one.

I'm going by what Arteta & Martinez have said, not rumours. Rumours are made for clicks.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I hear RAR is deleting anti-Wenger tweets from years back so he seems to have been interested in us for a while. His PSxG was the worst in the league apparently so good luck to Inaki Cana and praying Leno stays fit.

drippin

I hear RAR is deleting anti-Wenger tweets from years back so he seems to have been interested in us for a while. His PSxG was the worst in the league apparently so good luck to Inaki Cana and praying Leno stays fit.

I think it was said here that those tweets were fake.

Also earlier someone posted a chart where Runarsson was average in those stats, not the worst.

Someone who knows for sure can likely contribute more.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
If this guy is going to be number 2 as opposed to number 3, this is risky. The best option would have been to find an old and experienced keeper on a free or loan for a year. Sorta like Mark Schwarzer did at Chelsea and then Leicester for a few years. Actually lets bring him back.

drippin

If this guy is going to be number 2 as opposed to number 3, this is risky. The best option would have been to find an old and experienced keeper on a free or loan for a year. Sorta like Mark Schwarzer did at Chelsea and then Leicester for a few years. Actually lets bring him back.

Again, how many of available old & experienced keepers are great at playing with their feet?

MartiSaka

Again, how many of available old & experienced keepers are great at playing with their feet?

This guy is going to be great with his feet, a reserve keeper with one of the bottom clubs in Ligue 1?

I am sure there must be some guys out there, we are showing we are not being particularly fussy. This could end badly with a Leno injury otherwise.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The reason that the story of Leno's injury and Martinez's heroics and subsequent sale is so noteworthy is because it is so rare. Like if you're worried about another injury to Leno and who'll be back-up then fine, that's not unreasonable, but fact is injuries to keepers are rare and heroics by back-ups are even rarer cos they're seldom called upon.

Martinez is more the exception than the rule.

Honestly couldn't care less who the back-up keeper is, it's just a player who'll play 10-15 cup games, i'm much more interested in who'll play in our midfield, seeing as that's a player who could play 50 games.

MartiSaka

The reason that the story of Leno's injury and Martinez's heroics and subsequent sale is so noteworthy is because it is so rare. Like if you're worried about another injury to Leno and who'll be back-up then fine, that's not unreasonable, but fact is injuries to keepers are rare and heroics by back-ups are even rarer cos they're seldom called upon.

Martinez is more the exception than the rule.

Honestly couldn't care less who the back-up keeper is, it's just a player who'll play 10-15 cup games, i'm much more interested in who'll play in our midfield, seeing as that's a player who could play 50 games.

We don't care until we get Keppa'd or Almunia'd

I just think we should get someone on a short contract who is a known quantity for the next year when our focus is rightfully on strengthening the midfield. Don't expect our new keeper to be Martinez quality or even near it, but this new guy is a totally unknown quantity. We don't need to pay big transfer for an old guy.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
We don't care until we get Keppa'd or Almunia'd

I just think we should get someone on a short contract who is a known quantity for the next year when our focus is rightfully on strengthening the midfield. Don't expect our new keeper to be Martinez quality or even near it, but this new guy is a totally unknown quantity. We don't need to pay big transfer for an old guy.

But again, he is. Not to us, but to our new Goalkeeper coach. He gets a chance at least, no?

drippin

This guy is going to be great with his feet, a reserve keeper with one of the bottom clubs in Ligue 1?

I am sure there must be some guys out there, we are showing we are not being particularly fussy. This could end badly with a Leno injury otherwise.

It has been said by those who has seen him that one of his greatest qualities is his playing with feet. Also Raya is great with his feet.

Can you see a pattern there? Do you think our club doesn't have a list of keepers who are great with their feet & available? They just want this guy for bantz?

Btw. This guy has played the most of Dijon keepers in the past 2 years, he is not "reserve".

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EiHHoJtWAAE22J_

...I like that the picture used kinda seems like he is looking at those stats and going... "Yeah, not that good."

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
[/QUOTE]

I've never wanted him and he's probably crap but I'm not taking anything GFFN says on anything Arsenal related seriously. Their vendetta against us is bizarre and getting out of hand at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom