• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Christie

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I like Christie. Not sure he is at the technical level we need. But he will shoot a lot and run around chasing everything. He would be a cheap option but one that would play for the shirt.

He is a better player than Armstrong who is doing well at Southampton. Could get him for a few million and his wages will be minimal. Probably on around 15k pw at Celtic.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

More Scots :drool:

Dunno if Christie is someone who can have the same impact at PL level that he's had for Celtic these past few season one thing he does have is goals from midfield and the ability to score some beauties. I don't think we can be snobby toward the SPFL anymore tbh when you've seen the likes of Robertson, Tierney, Van Dijk, Armstrong, etc come down and hold their own.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

He had 24 games 11 goals and 11 assists last season. He will 100% give goals. A lot of Celtic fans get annoyed at his shoot on sight policy but its a trait I like. Players sometimes need to be selfish.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They'll link us with all attacking mid in world. If he anywhere near to Tierney level then bring him here

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I've probably been a bit unfair on RC in my earlier comments. He's got talent, no question about it, can set up goals and score them and he's got a great engine, I just think he needs a really good coach to develop in key areas. I think he is poor reading the game and he must work on his delivery and be more disciplined. I don't think it's helped him he rarely is played in his natural position even if he often drifts into midfield. He could be a real asset for us but alas i suspect he will he soon leave for more money and to develop.

Comment from KDS that echoes my own thoughts. Plus I think low cost signings like this are a no brainer. 5m and 30k per week. Work ethic and attitude is what Arteta wants he will get it there for sure.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If we're going Scottish midfielders and not coming back with McGinn - don't bother.

Balboa

If we're going Scottish midfielders and not coming back with McGinn - don't bother.

Aston Villa are better than Arsenal. McGinn would likely cost too much to outperform his fee. Arsenal and their supporters need to face up to reality.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Nice to have a new name thrown in the mix. Seems like a **** source though.

Balboa

I've probably been a bit unfair on RC in my earlier comments. He's got talent, no question about it, can set up goals and score them and he's got a great engine, I just think he needs a really good coach to develop in key areas. I think he is poor reading the game and he must work on his delivery and be more disciplined. I don't think it's helped him he rarely is played in his natural position even if he often drifts into midfield. He could be a real asset for us but alas i suspect he will he soon leave for more money and to develop.

Comment from KDS that echoes my own thoughts. Plus I think low cost signings like this are a no brainer. 5m and 30k per week. Work ethic and attitude is what Arteta wants he will get it there for sure.

Domestic club signings in the 20-25 age bracket, not too expensive in terms of fee and wages, will play for the shirt, good engine and covers a lot of ground, able to improve, hungry to improve, good attitude. These traits are exactly what I believe Arsenal should look for. If he scores goals from midfield that would be great.

I don’t know the player but theses reports sound like exactly what I think Arsenal should target.

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I rate him higher than McGinn when he was still at Hibs. McGinn was someone I never thought would make it in the Premier League and we've seen how brilliant he's been for Villa. Currently he's a better player than Armstrong so now would be the time to make a move for him if we are even interested because he could end up going elsewhere and being worth a lot more in a year or so.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I rate him higher than McGinn when he was still at Hibs. McGinn was someone I never thought would make it in the Premier League and we've seen how brilliant he's been for Villa. Currently he's a better player than Armstrong so now would be the time to make a move for him if we are even interested because he could end up going elsewhere and being worth a lot more in a year or so.

Interesting. SOLD!

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom