• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Funnily enough the only people I see who don't rate Lacazette are Arsenal fans.

I've never spoke to an opposition fan that hasn't rated Lacazette and usually they're the first to tell me which Arsenal players are average.

We see him every game. They don't.

He's good but 13 and 14 league goals is pretty poor.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Give Auba two class wingers and he’ll be fine despite his limitations. All the man does is score goals, but he scores a lot of them. Lacazette is the problem
Yeah my ideal scenario.

Auba im saying limited if he’s out wide, through the middle I’m cool with him.

Lacazette should be sold to fund a top winger.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Funnily enough the only people I see who don't rate Lacazette are Arsenal fans.

I've never spoke to an opposition fan that hasn't rated Lacazette and usually they're the first to tell me which Arsenal players are average.
Say that about anyone, my mates love Bellerin, Ramsey, Cech, Kolasinac, Mikhi etc.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
We see him every game. They don't.

He's good but 13 and 14 league goals is pretty poor.

36 goals and 18 assists (in total 54 points) in 2 seasons. The league doesnt give you the full picture but Lacazette is now "average" and "poor" so lets focus on the smaller picture.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Don't think those were panic buys. Perez, Benayoun, Park, Santos. Those are panic buys.

They may or may not have actually been panic buys, but they were certainly labeled panic buys by Arsenal fans. Of course by deadline day fans were happy to get anybody, but most fans were rather underwhelmed and thought Arsenal could do better.

As @Beksi said on Aug. 31, 2011:

Just can't grasp what exactly is wrong with our Club, just know there are some serious issues...

The more things change...

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
They may or may not have actually been panic buys, but they were certainly labeled panic buys by Arsenal fans. Of course by deadline day fans were happy to get anybody, but most fans were rather underwhelmed and thought Arsenal could do better.

As @Beksi said on Aug. 31, 2011:

The more things change...
They weren’t. Wenger was a fan of Arteta’s for a while, watching him at Everton. Mertesacker was linked with Arsenal the summer before.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
They weren’t. Wenger was a fan of Arteta’s for a while, watching him at Everton. Mertesacker was linked with Arsenal the summer before.

But, again, that's not my point. I didn't say the were panic buys. I was a fan of both players years before they were even thought of by Arsenal fans (Werder Bremen is my favorite German team to this day largely because of Mertesacker). My point was that a huge swath of Arsenal fans labeled them "panic buys" because they were deadline buys, relatively cheap, not the players that fans wanted and were bought just days after an 8-2 embarrassment at the hands of Manchester United.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
But, again, that's not my point. I didn't say the were panic buys. I was a fan of both players years before they were even thought of by Arsenal fans (Werder Bremen is my favorite German team to this day largely because of Mertesacker). My point was that a huge swath of Arsenal fans labeled them "panic buys" because they were deadline buys, relatively cheap, not the players that fans wanted and were bought just days after an 8-2 embarrassment at the hands of Manchester United.
They weren’t panic buys.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom