• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sack Wenger?

Sack Wenger?

• Sack him now

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • We'll see after the Jan transfer window

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Wait until the end of the season, then decide

Votes: 69 42.3%
  • No, Wenger knows

Votes: 70 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DC Gunner

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
I think the thread is a little too general now as well - at the minute theres sub plots about youth players, reserves, the clubs finances etc etc and very little being said over whether people still want Wenger sacked (which is the title of the thread after all)

In reality theres three or four separate threads here:

-Where Wenger went wrong (or not)
-Has the Emirates move helped or hindered?
-Wenger : 'We have gone down a difference route' (ie developing youth over buying established players)
-The first XI - our weakest areas?
-What will happen when Wenger goes?

I respectfully disagree, the parts I bolded are very much directly relevant to the topic of this thread !

Should we sack Wenger?
Why?
is it worth it?

Reasons vs. consequences
Pros vs. cons
:)

Zico

Established Member
All of the questions are relevant. DC, you did not bold 'did the Emirates move help or hinder?' If it is indeed proven that the Emirates move is getting in the way of Wenger's success, then it would be unfair to blame Wenger for all our failures. Then some fingers would have to be pointed at the board and executive management as well.

As long as the general discussion revolves around Wenger's present success, the potential for future success (and the determinants and risks thereof), then we are fine.

I feel like there is hope that Wenger might surprise us yet this season. For all our sakes, I hope he does and wins a trophy.

DC Gunner

Established Member
quincy42 said:
All of the questions are relevant. DC, you did not bold 'did the Emirates move help or hinder?' If it is indeed proven that the Emirates move is getting in the way of Wenger's success, then it would be unfair to blame Wenger for all our failures. Then some fingers would have to be pointed at the board and executive management as well.
Your argument is exactly why I excluded it ! The point is not whether signing an expensive ABC should have been done instead of settling for a cheaper XYZ.

1-Financial issues or lack thereof is irrelevant if we are talking about selection of tactics and players leading to results, and here is why:
Assume someone thinks that Song is a bad player and that Wenger is responsible for bringing him, it would be relevant to know if Given the same exact resources "scouting, money, ..etc" , is he the best Player Wenger could have signed or selected.

In other words, given the resources "vast or small" he has/had, are these players the best he could do individually/collectively?

Making these questions relevant.
A-Wenger : 'We have gone down a difference route' (ie developing youth over buying established players)
B-Where Wenger went wrong (or not

2-Same applies to his value to the club now, an idea as whether his work and ethics are solidified within the club's culture/foundation or do they require his presence all the time?

This would go to the consequences of his sacking or lack thereof [ie. -What will happen when Wenger goes?]

As long as the general discussion revolves around Wenger's present success, the potential for future success (and the determinants and risks thereof), then we are fine.
I can agree

Biggus

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
What was wrong with the player threads anyway? A lack of topics?

It was felt that super threads were crushing new threads and the same themes were just getting rehashed ie Ade is great/Ade is sh!t. This thread was mainly a response to the looming January transfer window, bearing that in mind I think It's run it's course for the time being, Lord Dula, I hope you have no objection to me locking this as there can be absolutely no question of sacking Wenger before the end of the season now.

Of course if/when Wenger f**ks up again anyone should feel free to open up a topic about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom