• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Saha Verses Reyes:Opta Investigate

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 943
A

Anonymous

sorry guys but cudn't get the source as I found it on another forum..Pretty fair assessment if you ask me.

1192747.jpg

Arsène Wenger went even further south and secured the services of one of Spain's most exciting young prospects. 20-year-old Jose Reyes arrives at Highbury with a massive reputation to fulfill.

United appear to have taken the safer option, by buying a player accustomed to English football and culture. Saha's Premiership experience will be a great addition to the Red Devils squad. The ex-Newcastle forward averaging a goal every 211 minutes, which has dropped to just 131 minutes this term.

In contrast, the new Arsenal number nine has never played outside of Spain. In the three seasons that Reyes has played regularly for Seville, the Spanish international bagged 21 league goals compared to Saha's 26 in the same period.

Indeed, Manchester United appear to have bought themselves more of an out-and-out goalscorer, compared to a more creative player in Reyes. The Frenchman has a chance conversion rate of 14.4% compared to 12.9% for the Spaniard. Certainly, it will come as no surprise if Wenger employs his new signing wide in midfield, as he has been used there at times in Seville.

However, the Seville-born striker has assisted 12 goals and the Highbury faithful will be hoping that his creative flair can take the pressure off Thierry Henry and Robert Pires. Henry has been involved in 20 out of Arsenal's 42 goals in The Premiership this season, while Pires has been involved in 11.

Whichever number nine turns out to be the better signing, it would appear as though England's best two sides just got a little better.

SydneyGunnerFan

yeah both great strikers but they both do different things one scores more goals and reyes sets up more goals so yeah very hard to split the two players apart i reacon

JazzG

Established Member
You got this from red cafe didn't you ;) http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 70,00.html There is the source for it, was posted a few days ago on the arsenal forum.

I wouldn't look too much into those stats, Reyes has played mostly as a left winger and Saha as a striker. Also Reyes started playing from age 17 and Saha 20, 17 is very young to start playing for the first team.

A

Anonymous

u'r one of those gooners on redcafe eh JazzG :wink: ?

JazzG

Established Member
lol naah, just went there to read what people were saying about Reyes ;) Some mancs seem allright there, went to redissue and they all seem like dicks there

Adam

Established Member
Jazz - correction: most real Mancs are ****s. Somebody posted a United forum link on here after our game at Old Trafford this season.

What followed was disgusting. I found United fans laughing and taking pride in beating up Arsenal fans - women and children were involved too in the rucks. "We showed them" etc. Beating up families.

Old Trafford may have some prawn sandwich eaters, but at least they are humane and civilised.

Thugs.

n_henry

Speaking of Saha...United are currently up 1-0 against Southampton...Saha scored on his debut. On 18 mins, I think.

Andrew

n_henry said:
Speaking of Saha...United are currently up 1-0 against Southampton...Saha scored on his debut. On 18 mins, I think.

From 25 yards as well off a free kick. :shock:

A

Anonymous

not such a great goal andrew..it was only a deflection.

Andrew

ruud said:
not such a great goal andrew..it was only a deflection.

Figured it must be something like that? Anyway, why are you here and not following the match? Already half time? I might go and have a look and see how Saha's getting along.

A

Anonymous

nope..watching the game while audio from the internet..and also taking peaks at the forums.. 8)

n_henry

So, he scored from a free kick (deflection or not)? Hmmm...pretty good.

Does he look pretty settled in the Manc team? :?

n_henry

ruud said:
nope..watching the game while audio from the internet..and also taking peaks at the forums.. 8)

Where are you listening to the game from, may I ask?? Which site? :)

Andrew

Saha set-up another goal, which really should have been saved by Niemi. I think highly of him but he should have held this or hit it around the post... Something that Lehmann for example is very good at.

And about the match... from what I saw, Manure are flat. Southampton pretty much had all of the attack. And just to prove that, Southampton had 8 shots on goal to Manure's 5... with possesion 50/50. But I do think Southampton need Beattie in to have a chance, is he injured or something?

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom