• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Salvatore Foti

Mostarac

Established Member
Stupid rumours, Foti will NOT leave La Samp after his recent contract-renewal. The interest from those Chelsea-****s helped Foti to put pressure on La Samp when they were negotiating with him, he basically demanded that La Samp paid him more, or he would go abroad. He is a talented striker, he has already shown his quality by scoring both in the Coppa Italia and in the Serie A for La Samp. And, if any of Italy`s big clubs want him, I am sure that he will end up there instead of going to Chelsea.

Mostarac

Established Member
By the way, look at Foti. He is a big ****(192cm tall).

itali_civ_2.jpg

Reyes(9)

There were rumours before i remeber about him and now it started again ..Well i can't see him leaving and spacially this summer ..

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd rather have the tabloids keep linking us to Zigic. At least he is a Serbian international and taller.

Mostarac

Established Member
tactica442 said:
I'd rather have the tabloids keep linking us to Zigic. At least he is a Serbian international and taller.

So you do not think that Foti can develop into becoming a better player than Zigic? I would like to see Zigic score in the Serie A when he was 17 years old(like Foti has done).

Mostarac

Established Member
Amadeor said:
OMG, HE SCORED A GOAL IN SERIE A WHEN HE WAS SEVENTEEN. HE MUST BE THE NEW MARADONA.

I wonder why the moderators do not delete idiotic posts like that.

Mostarac

Established Member
It was not a stupid argument, I doubt that a 17 year old Zigic would have scored in such a quality league as the Serie A. I have nothing more to say.

Amadeor

Say what you want, Zigic has a fantastic goalscoring record, and Foti has a lot to prove yet before being called in the same sentence.

Mostarac

Established Member
Amadeor said:
Say what you want, Zigic has a fantastic goalscoring record, and Foti has a lot to prove yet before being called in the same sentence.

Zigic has a fantastic scoring record in the Serbian league, is the Serbian league just as strong as the Serie A? Do not think so. Anyway, Zigic is a great player, I do not doubt that, but I reacted to tactica442 almost implying that Foti can`t be develop into being just as good or better than Zigic in the future. That is all. And, of course Foti has to work hard, but the fact that he has scored 2 goals already mostly as a substitute in one of the best leagues in the world is impressive, don`t you agree?

Amadeor

Foti is a good talent, but to be honest, those two goals don't say anything to me. If I hadn't seen him play, there's no way I would rate him because of two goals.

Whether he can be as good as Zigic, who knows. In the hands of Wenger, he can become a great player. In the hands of some random average trainer, he won't.

The argument about the competition of Zigic can be swept off the table by looking at his performances vs Roma. I would tend to suggest that he was great vs a notably Serie A team.

The fact remains, saying that a youth player will be great is a risk statement, because nothing has been decided, and a lot depends on chances, encouragement, team, coach, etc. Especially comparing him with a proven goalscorer is ott imo.

Tegh

Established Member
You're bound to be biased because he's Italian Mostarac.
Either way, he could burn out and be sh!t, only time will tell.

Mostarac

Established Member
Amadeor said:
The argument about the competition of Zigic can be swept off the table by looking at his performances vs Roma. I would tend to suggest that he was great vs a notably Serie A team.

It is really hard to find any statistics about Zigic`s performances in the European Cups, but I found some statistics about his domestical record, and that record is not as impressive as you say it is. In 2003/2004 he scored 19 goals in 28 matches, and in 2004/2005 he scored 15 goals in 25 matches domestically. Considering that this is in the Serbian League, it is not that impressive.

Tegh said:
You're bound to be biased because he's Italian Mostarac.
Either way, he could burn out and be sh!t, only time will tell.

Maybe I am a bit biased, but I have seen him play a couple of times, and every time he has been involved for La Samp, he has done well.

Amadeor

I would say that those stats are not bad. Anyway, the Foti discussion is largely irrelevant, as I cannot see him come to England. If he leaves Samp, it will be for Juve imo (didn't he declare his feelings to Juve couple of weeks ago anyway?)

Mostarac

Established Member
Amadeor said:
I would say that those stats are not bad. Anyway, the Foti discussion is largely irrelevant, as I cannot see him come to England. If he leaves Samp, it will be for Juve imo (didn't he declare his feelings to Juve couple of weeks ago anyway?)

Foti said before he signed his new contract that he would be interested if Milan or Juventus wanted him, but after he signed his new contract, he is commited(according to himself) to La Samp. Foti probably wants to be what Flachi is at La Samp today, a great striker and a big favourite among Sampdoria Ultras.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom